Not open for further replies.

Wicked

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Soo long storry short,im playing a Pokemon Fan game and in order to do or catch sertain mons i needed to change the date to get the apropriate weather in the world.Did that a few times back and forth and today when i started the rpg maker it said i changed the date in order to trick the free trial? or something similar and seems the trial expired.Iv been using it for about 2 days.Is there a " fix " to this or ill let it be?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I don't know about a fix, but you don't need to have rpg maker installed to play games made with it.
Usually you just need to download the correct RTP, which you can do here.

Wicked

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I was using rpg maker for the game,modefy ingame files add-ing items and so on.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can play the game without those modifications.

nothing we can do to help you here, because any help would run the risk of breaking the DRM on the editor.

consider it a penalty for cheating :smile:

Wicked

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
you can play the game without those modifications.

nothing we can do to help you here, because any help would run the risk of breaking the DRM on the editor.

consider it a penalty for cheating :smile:
What exactly did i cheat?All i did is set my local time and date forward to acces certain events in the game at certain hours.I didn't think that after reverting to my local time the free trial would "expire?" thats some 2010 stuff...

Last edited:

burbigo1

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I would love to help but I don't know much about these

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What @Wicked is saying is that he was using the trial version of the RPG Maker editor, and he is also playing a separate Pokemon fan-game that checks your computer's time. He changed his computer's date/time settings to get mons in the Pokemon fan-game, which is pretty legitimate. However, RPG Maker's trial detected the date/time changes, and decided (incorrectly) that Wicked was trying to get around the 30-day restriction.

This seems to me like a legitimate complaint that we should remedy if possible. @Touchfuzzy Is there anything we can do for this user?

@Wicked Please state which version (VX, VX Ace, XP, etc.) you were using the trial for.

Wicked

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
What @Wicked is saying is that he was using the trial version of the RPG Maker editor, and he is also playing a separate Pokemon fan-game that checks your computer's time. He changed his computer's date/time settings to get mons in the Pokemon fan-game, which is pretty legitimate. However, RPG Maker's trial detected the date/time changes, and decided (incorrectly) that Wicked was trying to get around the 30-day restriction.

This seems to me like a legitimate complaint that we should remedy if possible. @Touchfuzzy Is there anything we can do for this user?

@Wicked Please state which version (VX, VX Ace, XP, etc.) you were using the trial for.
I was using the XP version.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you send me a PM. I can get it reset, but it will probably be Monday before I can do it (people I'd need to talk to are away from office for the weekend)

Yeseylon

Regional Manager of OH LOOK A BUTTERFLY
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Off topic, but...
What exactly did i cheat?
All i did is set my local time and date forward to access events that aren't supposed to be reachable yet

(just how some would see it)

Wicked

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Off topic, but...

(just how some would see it)
If you would even care i used it for Pokemon Reborn.The weather in there changes at random every 8 or 12 hours or so and the weather usualy is random.Certain pokemon events happen in certain wether (Rain,Windy and so on) and instead of weiting days or potential weeks for the right weather and right day/night time to capture that mon then id rather not.

XPKobold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
If you would even care i used it for Pokemon Reborn.The weather in there changes at random every 8 or 12 hours or so and the weather usualy is random.Certain pokemon events happen in certain wether (Rain,Windy and so on) and instead of weiting days or potential weeks for the right weather and right day/night time to capture that mon then id rather not.
That's is still considered cheating though. For games like then you do have to wait for the events to happen. which will eventually happen considering various shortcuts to go back to.

Oh and by the way pokemon fan games tend to be frowned upon here for good reason. considering pokemon essentials is gone now.

Wicked

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
That's is still considered cheating though. For games like then you do have to wait for the events to happen. which will eventually happen considering various shortcuts to go back to.

Oh and by the way pokemon fan games tend to be frowned upon here for good reason. considering pokemon essentials is gone now.
Welp if even in the newest pokemon games you can change date and time to do the exact thing in wild areas and nobody gives a dam what about that?:
And for all salty ppl they actualy aded a mod in Reborn that actualy alows you to change to any wether and time you want without changing the PC time and date.

This entire conversation went a bit off topic and somewhat anwsered my question so please can some one close this topic?Thank you!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just report your first post and let the mods know the issue is resolved, and they'll close the topic for you.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PanzerOnFire