Broliant112

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Apparently it's "free week" for RPGMMZ? Sorry if this is in the wrong category, but is this real? Does this end after the 4 days?1645060552892.png

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, it's still listed for sale, so maybe this is a trial?

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Play for free" is indeed free, for now. After 4 days you either have to buy it, or won't be able to use it anymore.

Broliant112

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"Play for free" is indeed free, for now. After 4 days you either have to buy it, or won't be able to use it anymore.
Not to be rude, but how does one make a game in 4 days?

Volourn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not to be rude, but a trial is for you to try it out to see if it is worthwhile for you to purchase not to give you the time to complete an entire game.

Broliant112

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not to be rude, but a trial is for you to try it out to see if it is worthwhile for you to purchase not to give you the time to complete an entire game.
True, but it didn't seem like a trial. Sorry, was confused.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's possible it is free until a specific date. So maybe it was free starting from an earlier date. But yes, I'd assume it just works as a sort of trial?
It'd be great to get confirmation for this.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
True, but it didn't seem like a trial. Sorry, was confused.
I think that your confusion is justified, to be honest. You can already sign up for a free 20 day trial on the official website, so making it free on Steam for a handful of days likely seems odd.

However, I believe it's because of the current RPG Maker Festival. There is some type of daily guide stuff, and broadcasts, and a mapping competition or something. I'd imagine that they made MZ free for the duration of that, so that everybody can participate, and then just forgot to communicate that fact (or maybe they did and we just didn't see it).

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This "free for a week" (or "Free for a weekend" is a special form of advertisement handled by Steam and used by a lot of companies for their games.
It's usually "play the game for a short time to see if you're interested", only that in this very specific case the "game" is a construction set.

But in all cases you are never expected to completely play through a game or to make something with a construction set in that time - it is always to just check if you would be interested in it and if your computer can handle the program before you buy it.

Broliant112

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Update, I don't think the above is the case, because it's been over 4 days since the post (Wednesday, so 5 days.) and I can still use it just fine:
1645448187930.png

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The sale ends at 1PM EST today, so it may end the trial then too. Only time will tell!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder if I feature creep... 225 magic spells is a lot lol.
Being hit with nostalgia for something that's gone is both a great thing and so sad.

But being a creative means having ideas for bringing stuff back to life, which can be frustrating and rewarding in it's own right.
the urge to comment helpful things on forum posts but not using the same engine
It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to. The best b-day present I could have is if my mapper came back. No idea where he went.
Senary_Redesign.png
Updated Senary's design (left). The previous one is overdesigned and her lack of functional pants is distracting and undermines her as a strong female character. She now has compression shorts, shorter hair, and a loose-fitting shirt for a modern look. She was lacking the authority of her original design, so I gave her military cap with her namesake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinyas