Freebies Preview

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, Aug 28, 2017.

1. The Stranger

The Stranger A Faceless Friend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jesse - PVGames Will there be any new things for the elderly in this pack? I've always wanted to give one of my characters a hairstyle like this. :D

2. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    A little look at some of the male items.

Almost done, got a few last male items to finish up and then I need to cut up the spritesheets and rename everything and that's it.

@The Stranger - I didn't have anything specifically in mind for elderly, but that doesn't mean some of the items can't be used for them (there is a rather large bushy beard included).

As far as the chainmail bikini goes, I can do it but it would pretty much have to be part of a base template in lieu of the regular undergarments they tend to wear lol

3. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are those...pauldrons :)

OnslaughtSupply and The Stranger like this.
  4. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    I did a little extra work and whipped up not just a base female template utilizing a chainmail bikini instead of the usual fabric, but also made a chainmail accessory adornment to go with it. On the left is the base template, on the right there is the chainmail accessory (its all one piece, not enough time to make each part individually) and one of the hair styles in the freebies pack:

[​IMG]

6. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks ok. Mix it with a bit of cloth and plate here and There and it Will ne awesome. You rock Jess'

7. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Lack of power from Irma prevented me from replying sooner.

The new hairstyles look bizarre but there are some neat outfit ideas. That ponytail looks gorgeous nonetheless.

8. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Yeah some of the hairstyles here are a bit more niche perhaps (there are some other more subdued ones I just haven't shown yet), as I chose ones that I did not really think would fit well in other packs (got some sweet ones for a viking-themed pack, for instance)

The Stranger likes this.
  9. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Medieval Resources: Skyrim?

Hope that means we get to see a hairstyle like this:
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8d/ba/d2/8dbad299b67285a678edd8907be4c5e7--bearded-man-viking-haircut.jpg

I do like that there's more rogue gear going by the assassin/ranger-looking guy.

The Stranger likes this.
  10. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @BloodletterQ Keep an eye out for Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire MV expansions. :p

@Jesse - PVGames I love the second female template, it has that whole slave Leia look. I can definitely use these templates for: dancers, concubines, etc. I also really like the hair shown on the male template, it sorta looks like my own hair. :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  11. HasdrubalBarca

HasdrubalBarca Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Awesome. Does this mean we can expect this soon? ;)
    Nah, but seriously, can't wait to see this in action. You'll be releasing this via your website, right?

Also any new headwear? New armors and clothing? Weapons? Just curious.

12. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    @HasdrubalBarca - Yes, it will be finished very soon! I will release it here and on my website and facebook and will probably bundle it with the Character Creator software as well.

As for headware, there is some new stuff there, some hoods/masks as well as the hair. There is new clothing and armor, though the armor is on the lighter side focusing more on leather type as opposed to the thick metal armor from Warfare. Not many weapons, still gotta finish those, as the main point of the Warfare pack was to be the meat and potatoes of the weapon resources with the other packs adding a bit here and there.

starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  13. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow I love her hair. With hair like that she'd look good in anything. :p (I'm incurably girly).

I usually associate chainmail bikini to warriors so maybe a bit of plate? Like this Vallejo painting (possibly his best one) of Red Sonja?
    http://www.borisjulie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/B-145-B-600x800.png

But you're awesome either way, really nice show so far!! :popcorn:

Are you sure that's an elder? He looks like a bald elf. :p

The Stranger likes this.
  14. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @starlight dream LOL! I think it's just a bloke in a wig. xD I couldn't find that hairstyle on an actual old man, though.

I really like that image you linked. I've always had a dual attitude towards chain mail bikinis. On one hand I can see why it's not so flattering and kinda silly, while on the other hand I like 'em. Tbh, as I've grown older I've really stopped caring about what others think of my tastes, so I tend to indulge a bit more in things I truly like without fear of being judged - because I simply don't give a toss.

15. starlight dream

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I agree. They can keep their female jumpsuit fantasies to themselves and leave you alone. Lol

I always liked the bikini armour look (in Sword and sorcery anyway), it didn't seem forced, just part of the world. The guys were not very clad either. Except for sorcerers with their robes (cuz they weren't working out, and used fabric to seem larger and scare away the barbarians).
    And I don't see what else characters should be wearing in hot climate, in pre-Antiquity worlds :p Camel-skin snowsuits? And the slaves turtlenecks? (so they can really suffer!!!! evil laughter).:guffaw:

But seriously, when Robert E. Howard was creating Conan and friends, he intentionally clashed the city "preppier" people to the more wild "savages". We know who's side he was on. The aesthetics were aligned with his stories. His storytelling was powerful and I don't recall sexism being part of it. His imitators lightened things up along the way and we ended up with some (endearing) clichés. All in good fun.

I recall reading that at Comic-con the most popular cosplay outfit is the Leia slave outfit. :kaopride:
    People who pick on fantasy so much, need to open up a history book or watch the news, because reality's so much more messed up.

The wig guy: I've seen several men with that haircut out there. But they tie it in a ponytail.... :rolleyes:

16. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @starlight dream Nicely put. :) Personally, it feels as if we're entering some sort of modern nanny\false morality era in which anything remotely sexual, or even pleasing to the eye, is condemend as immoral. It's not just for sexual things, either, but I'll hold my tongue because I'll rant about this sort of stuff all day if you let me. xD

It seems I've started to derail this topic again. LOL! I'm sorry.

Like this you mean? :p He has it tied up in a small ponytail. I love being able to insert VTMB into random conversations.

17. starlight dream

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah that's my neighbor alright. To be fair to the pic you linked: what hairstyle could ever flatter him? Even digital miracles have their limit.

(Trying to get the train back on track)
    Oooops didn't work.
    I think in our era people like to complain about anything as long as it's not a problem that requires research or actual thought... Even if ignorance is curable.
    (Yay, the train is back on the rails)

Here's a nice female look for inspiration!
    http://turisas.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Turisas-Netta-Skog2-173x300.jpg

The Stranger likes this.
  18. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
  19. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ignorance and stupidity are two most incurable things in the world, because they are infinite. Also, they require the infected to show will to be cured...

We are in times when two stupid people quarrel who's the more stupid one. That's what computer games and TV made us into. We now sit at homes and only rant without doing anything ourselves.
    And where did I get this data? A good friend told me that and he understands this better than anyone else!
    Well, enough of the comedy. I tried being stupid, but it actually gave me a headache from thinking for 30 minutes about what should I write... Although it could be true that TV and computer games make us more passive :D but I don't want to discuss it here :)

But back to the main topic. Jesse, I wonder, are we going to see a bit more ⛨shields? There is a nice choice of shields, but it gets kind of repetitive when you make characters in batches.

starlight dream likes this.
  20. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Freebies are veeeery close to being finished. Certainly this week!
    Here is a look at a few more pieces for the males. The hood and cloak are two separate pieces (and face mask is also separate).

@Poryg - More shields are slated for other packs. The vikings resources will have viking-oriented shields (round wooden shields with appropriate, colorful designs), the wizard/demon resources have two specific suits of armor that are good/evil aligned, each with fancy shields, the tourney resources will have some additional ones as well. The Underdeep set that I am going to do next will have some more barbaric/primitive type shields (and clothing).