Phantasie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
While I agree Sci-Fi would be nice, im not sure that makes sense. With it being just Jesse doing the work, it seems like it would dilute everything hes worked on so far (all fantasy based) - I'd rather he go all in for a single genre so we can make a game.

Him doing a single pack of Sci-Fi wont be enough to make a Sci-Fi game with.
Him switching over completely to Sci-Fi means there isnt enough to do a Fantasy game in.

It makes more sense to me to get one genre complete, then move on to the next.

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, it makes sense for the Medieval pack to get finished first than move on. I believe there's been talk of at least three-four additional content packs for Medival so it might be a while til a non-Medieval pack.

Last generation graphics did have a steampunk pack and a few sci-fi tiles.

blakebishop1989

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
id like to see more magical things, robes, orbs or spheres in the offhand, some different base template models or unique ones, oh and id love some more hair for males, id also like to see a new iconset, currently using the old pv one resized.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yes more hair would be awesome to add variety. I would also love to see more weapons. Like a big hammer, a 2nd two handed sword, a whip and a scimitar or a katana.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This might be a bit of an odd request and is arguably something more of a thing for paid packs. But I think that some pre-rendered backgrounds might be handy. Guessing it could be villages or cities for example. They would go well for a VN style I guess but if you decide to do it, make at least a sample pack to see if it's something that you want to continue.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sheated sword :)

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am enjoying the suggestions so far!

As I mentioned previous, my work station is not really set up as I am in the process of moving across the country, so my focus right now with my limited work setup has been to prep tons of character creation pieces that I can finalize after my move, which will be scattered throughout commercial packs and also used as freebies. Lots of hair coming up for sure - I haven't done the male hair yet, but there are over 80 new unique female hair styles alone (will be fewer for men, but still a substantial amount) and far more pieces in clothing, armor, accessories, etc.

Sci-Fi is great, I love the genre, but it didn't work out so well the last time I tackled the genre lol. My Sci-Fi pack was more of a victim of bad timing than anything else, but it made me want to just focus on what "most" people tend to need/want the most, which is Fantasy resources. I will do another Mythos pack with new eldritch horrors and characters and all that at some point though, before I even think about doing another Sci-Fi pack, as Mythos remains one of the better selling resource packs aside from the Fantasy resources.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
80+ hairs? That is so much. Can I assume it's really a lot less considering that you have them in different colors?

And another suggestion is that male eyes without editing, look real pale as if soulless. Maybe another freebie could be a male base (which is just for portraits) with a stronger eye color that would be easier to edit?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay! More hairstyles! Perhaps less pure Medieval styles, and more fantasy styles. Maybe some make-up decals for busts and full body images; tattoos too. :p They don't need to be visible on sprites. I'd love facial tattoos.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The 80+ hairs is the true number, no recolors. I stopped doing the recolors because its actually way easier to do the recolors now within the character creator software, so no need for me to use up time making different hair colors and taking up a lot of extra space/download time, so all hair is blond or light brown or something else that is fairly neutral and easy to recolor to any color you want. As for eyes, yeah I can see about adding something for that.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jesse - PVGames Will you still include black and grey\white variants? I always found it difficult to turn things white in GIMP.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In GIMP, just take the hair and go to the Colors tab and click Desaturate - viola, grey hair :)

To make it more white, use the brightness and contrast controls, increase brightness by 40-50, and contrast by about 10 less than the brightness. Fiddle around with it a bit to get the results that you want.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! That works great. :)

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
A lute would be nice. For bard characters.

And it would be great if there is a sprite for that lute and some swords to have them strapped to your back instead of having them in your hand.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am a very simple man. I'd really like is some more heraldic shields and tabards. Maybe some Game of Thrones inspired ones, with the new season just starting? Doesn't have to match exactly, I know that could possibly get you in trouble.

Backlash404

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
You could make necklaces and jewels that are separate so you can layer them and it's easy to change the color of each individually, like a build a jewel thing. Along that same idea hilts and sword blades that line up so you can build swords for easy variety

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love more capes! Perhaps some assassin style hoods complete with masks. It'd also be nice to see some more crowns; especially one we can place on helmets to make kings stand out while in full armour.

Personally, I'd like to see more regal attire; more ornate clothing, headgear, etc. :)

EDIT - Oh! We also badly need horses. The customisable ones in the Wild Steam pack were awesome, but they're too small for the new human sprites. Not asking for these to be free, since you could easily create a whole pack with just horses and various accessories to go on them: barding, saddles, bags, different manes\hair (not sure what you call it on horses) etc.

Last edited:

Backlash404

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Id really like a mannequin template, thats like made out of wood or porcelain, namely so that they have a blank face, so we can display the template armors on them.

User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cigarette pack in MV style? If you have the time

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewVegasVaultboy