bruncket

bucket guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

FRIENDS
is a game concept ive been working on for about 2 years now, and just finally got a working playable build out, its only the first part, basically the prologue. what i have so far takes around an hour to complete, so its almost a "full" experience, but i plan on adding a whole lot more, meaning the final game might be 10x as longer or even more depending on how much i end up slapping in there.

you wake up in a strange world surrounded by strange creatures, and the only way you know how to survive is to make friends, or die trying. or maybe you dont, sometimes people dont want friends, sometimes people dont want to be friends.

fight your way through friends and enemies alike, taking matters into your own hands in a distant unknown future. travel into your own mind and discover secrets and hidden paths that might lead you to finding out more about your situation. is there a point? do you know why youre here? are there really any answers?

features:

-lots of swearing! i have a bad potty mouth

-make friends! some npcs are able to be talked into becoming your friend, and join your party with special moves and abilities!

-custom OST! made mainly by me with a few tracks from some friends, the full OST is over 30 minutes long

-all custom graphics!! basically everything you see was made by me, even the font!

-ticking hp! fight for your life! you might take a lot of damage at once, but you always have the chance at healing right before your health gets to 0 (earthbound style)

-around an hour or more of gameplay!
depending on what path you pick (anywhere from 30min-over an hour)

-multiple paths! there is more than one way to get through the game, and each is a lot different than the last, some being a lot harder than others

-multiple endings! there are true and false endings, ones that reveal more gameplay and areas, and some that lead to more boss fights

DOWNLOAD ON ITCHIO! (for free) https://bruncket.itch.io/friends
its updated pretty frequently as im fixing bugs and adding new things all the time

OST available to listen to on soundcloud! (also free, duh) new tracks also added frequently! i enjoy making music

thank you for giving it a look! let me know if you run into any problems or have anything positive/negative to say, im always happy to take feedback!

Attachments

• ss5.PNG
    ss5.PNG
    29.4 KB · Views: 6
  • ss4.PNG
    ss4.PNG
    55.6 KB · Views: 6
  • ss3.PNG
    ss3.PNG
    40 KB · Views: 6
  • ss2.PNG
    ss2.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
  • ss1.PNG
    ss1.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 6
  • friendshead.PNG
    friendshead.PNG
    38.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

bruncket

bucket guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
NEW UPDATE!

-fixed balance issues (i hope)

-new enemy variants

-fixed some bugs that would cause the player to be locked out of areas

-added some warnings about entering certain places underprepared

-removed the ability for confusion to attack friendlies (i think it causes the game to crash so i removed it for now)

-fixed certain characters not showing up under certain conditions

-fixed character portraits sometimes showing the default character

-more music stuff

thats about it, theres still this nasty bug that is very rare but will cause the game to crash, i think ive fixed it and in my playthroughs i havent come across it again, but if you get an error please let me know so i can try to figure out what the heck is doing it

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Posted some halloween freebies! Grab them while on season :kaopride:
hallow_cat.png
So my birthday was about a week ago! Just forgot to post it. I went to a Golden Corral, and it was soooooo good! :kaojoy: I also got some Animal Crossing in my life! Yay, Animal Crossing!
At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grungewitch