creatureftd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1.) Odd, the menu never showed up for me - so I had to do it via the code. Have you tried not entering the code, see if the relation menu still works as intended (aka highlighting only after some relations are established, but greyed out until then)?
- If that works, just remove the code.

2.) I need the console log for more information. Hit F8 while running the game in test mode, and when it crashes printScreen and paste that into a visual editor program (ie. Paint.NET, Gimp, photoshop, etc) and post that here

3.) The intent was to list the selected character's relations. Changing how it works right now is outside the scope of this plugin. However, to answer your question directly, you or whoever could alias one of the methods in Scene_Menu when selecting something (commandOk I think? Been a little bit since I've worked on this stuff) it could push the Scene_Relations scene instead of 'onPeronsalOk'.

There are no relations texts displayed, only gauges and icons. Unless that's not what you meant?

1. It does show only one if I remove the code however it doesn't have an icon and it sits after 'formation' and idk how I could edit it. I tried moving your plugin above VisuMZ mainmenu core in the plugins list, and it no longer shows the extra relations tab and shows the one with the icon, however, when I click on a character the game crashes. I assume it isn't intended this way.

2. Was able to fix this somehow. I think I had it add points to the leader but not the new member and that somehow screwed it up.

3. Ok thanks I may try this out.

Please let me know if you figure out the first issue. Or if anyone else is having this. Maybe it's from a new update of RPGMMZ or VisuMZ?

Here's a screenshot. Both tabs work as normal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-21 224613.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-21 224613.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2021-09-21 225044.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-21 225044.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 12

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there an option to add icons for both romance/friendship bars? Thank you.

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1. It does show only one if I remove the code however it doesn't have an icon and it sits after 'formation' and idk how I could edit it. I tried moving your plugin above VisuMZ mainmenu core in the plugins list, and it no longer shows the extra relations tab and shows the one with the icon, however, when I click on a character the game crashes. I assume it isn't intended this way.

2. Was able to fix this somehow. I think I had it add points to the leader but not the new member and that somehow screwed it up.

3. Ok thanks I may try this out.

Please let me know if you figure out the first issue. Or if anyone else is having this. Maybe it's from a new update of RPGMMZ or VisuMZ?

Here's a screenshot. Both tabs work as normal.

I just tried it today and I have the same issue.

1) I followed the instruction on page 1 and I got 2 relationship menus. Both are grayed out and cannot be accessed.

2) I managed to get rid of one of the menus. However, the other one is still grayed out.
Maybe they somehow updated the VZ menu plugin?

BTW, I was using their latest sample project to test.

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I managed to get it to work.

I first ran a CE, then the relationship menu becomes accessible for all party members, except the leader.

If I access it for the leader (Reid), I get an error message.

Annotation 2021-09-22 223523.png

Attachments

• Annotation 2021-09-22 223644.png
    Annotation 2021-09-22 223644.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 5

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
UPDATE SEP-24-2021:
> Hotfix #3: Relations will now only show once (use steps in Page 1 for VZ MenuCore compatability as normal); Added failsafes that should prevent those errors... hopefully... and @creatureftd I added an option to the plugin parameters (turn it ON, and it'll auto-load the relations menu for the party leader -> I hope that's what you wanted?) Since I was fixing things, decided to add that for ya ;)

Last edited:

creatureftd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
UPDATE SEP-24-2021:
> Hotfix #3: Relations will now only show once (use steps in Page 1 for VZ MenuCore compatability as normal); Added failsafes that should prevent those errors... hopefully... and @creatureftd I added an option to the plugin parameters (turn it ON, and it'll auto-load the relations menu for the party leader -> I hope that's what you wanted?) Since I was fixing things, decided to add that for ya ;)
Awesome! I will test it out thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlosecar