Winter Witch

❄️
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Thank you for the kind words ^_^ I try my best. You can call the relations menu with this script call (Or well... should be able to? I have not officially tested it, but it's the script call that's made for the default menu):
JavaScript:
SceneManager.push(Scene_Relations);

If that doesn't work (because it's base class is the Scene_MenuBase) it didn't load an actor. If that's the case then do this:
JavaScript:
// Loads the menu actor manually (0 is party leader, 1 is 2nd party actor, etc);
// these load the actorId; you can of course replace "$gameParty._actors[index]"
// with the actual actorId if you already know which one you want to load in
//(but those numbers are static and may change if you move party members around)
$gameParty._menuActorId = $gameParty._actors[0];
SceneManager.push(Scene_Relations);
Thank you very much! I tested it, and unfortunately it didn't work ("Scene_Relations is not defined"). I tried it again without the menu plugin, and the normal relations window works. However, if I create an item with a common events containing the script call, I still get the error :/ Error FRS Plugin.PNG

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Winter Witch it's more related to the PKD_SimpleQUestSystem.
however, did you put it above PKD quest system or below?

you can try to swap them and see what happend.
otherwise, try turning PKD question system OFF and see if it
still crashes, to narrow down the issue.

Winter Witch

❄️
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Winter Witch it's more related to the PKD_SimpleQUestSystem.
however, did you put it above PKD quest system or below?

you can try to swap them and see what happend.
otherwise, try turning PKD question system OFF and see if it
still crashes, to narrow down the issue.
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately neither worked. I placed the FRS plugin beneath the PKD Quest System (it was above before) and deactivated it, too. The relations screen works fine, but the item that shall call it through a common event, doesn't.
I'm sorry to bother you with this :frown: Perhaps i should just say goodbye to that menu plugin (Wanted to use the EST Phone Menu Plugin for my modern detective game). It doesn't show the relations button since it's not a default menu and that's the reason why I want to call it manually.

Error 2.PNG

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you shouldn't, if the EST menu is for MZ, than I need to see how it work.
another way for testing purpose for now, make a common event with
the scriptcall, and a npc linked to it and see if it opens, if it does, than
the plugin require probably something to trigger.

it may be the phone menu otherwise, so you could try to ask the creator
of Phone Menu to see if there is somthing wrong?

or the creator of this plugin can help you further, I can look tomorrow into
the phone menu if I can find it to see how it works and what is required.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: I moved Scene_Relations outside the IIFE - try this and tell me if it works?

Another possibility is that Scene_Relations is defined inside the IIFE and therefore ran as a function on the whole (which typically requires an already established RM function (like Scene_Menu as I have this system by default run off of) to register).

In short... it can't be called outside of the game's main functions.

Attachments

• LvMZ_FRS.js
    59.2 KB · Views: 5

Winter Witch

❄️
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: I moved Scene_Relations outside the IIFE - try this and tell me if it works?

Another possibility is that Scene_Relations is defined inside the IIFE and therefore ran as a function on the whole (which typically requires an already established RM function (like Scene_Menu as I have this system by default run off of) to register).

In short... it can't be called outside of the game's main functions.
Now it says "Window_Relations is not defined".
Then I'll just do without the phone menu plugin. It was merely visual, to look like the device the player uses, instead of the note book that many point n click adventures use and to move away from this RPGish menu, since I don't need most of its functions.
But the FRS is more important to me and I want the player to be able to watch over their relationship growths. :smile:
Thank you very much for your effort!

Iavasechui

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to increase friendship based on actions taken? For example if Character 1 casts heal on Character 2 their friendship increases, or if Character 4 guards Character 3 their friendship increases?

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to increase friendship based on actions taken? For example if Character 1 casts heal on Character 2 their friendship increases, or if Character 4 guards Character 3 their friendship increases?
Yup. Attach a notetag to the appropriate skill (instructions also can be found in the plugin itself (as attached) or in the help section within the plugin parameter window.
Example:
<frsSkill friend 0: 3>

This will add 3 points in friendship for/between skill user and target. Guard might be trickier if it's used generically across the whole battle system, but you'll put a similar tag in:
<frsSkill friend 3: 1>
(if that character guards, friendship with Actor(ID:3) increases by 1)
1660457227503.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New sprites & animations for Mint and Beri are coming along!
Guh-Colorbound.gif
ScreenShot_10_5_2022_4_44_8.png
Mad O' Malley... a stick figure that's afraid of it's existence being erased. so they always start battle in an anxious state.
Before, I was drawing all the sprite work, super big and shrinking it down. Which was really time consuming if thing's changed. So instead I'm drawing the characters sketch, and then remaking it with pixel art instead.
Why are job interviews so terrifying. :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveleaf