RMMZ Friendship System

Sloff1155

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looking for something like this. Please be Advance and I hope mostly easy to use.
Actors Friendship System v2.08
by Moogle_X

RPG Maker MZ

LilKnockerOut

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd love to have this plugin updated to MZ as well.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I create one very basic which is working for MV, no menu yet,
and probably using a combination of SRD or Galv_VariableBar.

exp, level, variable are working, but not sure if it will be working on MZ.
while mine is is for now basic, it needs features like window where it would
be visible.

Very extensive friendship system like Moogle_X is something I wont do like
learning skills when level is reached, points earn from battle etc, just from quests,
or otherwise :)

I hope someone can help you with all teh features that Moogle Has =)

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My Factions plugin handles relations (in addition to the other things - factions, races, and titles) in various scenarios: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/economic-trinity.128479/

If you want to take a look. Of course it's just a library of plugin commands and script calls, but you can use them to set it up how you desire.

*Although may not be what you're looking for, if you're seeking a UI element in the menus though*

LilKnockerOut

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My Factions plugin handles relations (in addition to the other things - factions, races, and titles) in various scenarios: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/economic-trinity.128479/

If you want to take a look. Of course it's just a library of plugin commands and script calls, but you can use them to set it up how you desire.

*Although may not be what you're looking for, if you're seeking a UI element in the menus though*
I took a bit of time to try it out. It's a pretty cool system, especially if you wanted to make a D&D based RPG Maker game. Though I'm not sure if this what Sloff1155 and I are looking for. Were as the plugin is a menu based option instead of dialogue-based. I still thought the plugin was pretty fun to work with, it's just I was hoping for something similar to Moogle_X's plugin. Sorry.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I took a bit of time to try it out. It's a pretty cool system, especially if you wanted to make a D&D based RPG Maker game. Though I'm not sure if this what Sloff1155 and I are looking for. Were as the plugin is a menu based option instead of dialogue-based. I still thought the plugin was pretty fun to work with, it's just I was hoping for something similar to Moogle_X's plugin. Sorry.
Yeah I realized that after I posted (so .. I'M sorry lol) but I'm glad ya like it. Um no promises, but I can try to take a crack at it, see if I can't whip up something like what you want (as long as it doesn't involve any Sprite classes because I'm failing at those lol) but if it's just dealing with windows and display stuff there, I think I'm pretty confident in that area now. ^_^

Do you have any kind of timeline you need it for, or can I play around with it and get it done when I can?

LilKnockerOut

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah I realized that after I posted (so .. I'M sorry lol) but I'm glad ya like it. Um no promises, but I can try to take a crack at it, see if I can't whip up something like what you want (as long as it doesn't involve any Sprite classes because I'm failing at those lol) but if it's just dealing with windows and display stuff there, I think I'm pretty confident in that area now. ^_^

Do you have any kind of timeline you need it for, or can I play around with it and get it done when I can?
That would be awesome if you wanted to work on it. I'm not on any schedule for my game. It's basically a passion project so take as long as need.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright awesome. I'll see what I can start on soon :) This week is kinda busy but I'll definitely try to get something for ya :)

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh I guess I should probably ask this - to both OP and yourself @LilKnockerOut but how much of the original system did you want? Like specifically what features?

PLANNED:
- Make a Sims-like menu of current friends/lovers with basic actor data, bars, titles, icons of showing relationships of said actor. (So a friendship meter and a romance meter - which doesn't appear until initiated)

- The relationship system itself will be Sims-Like (so the Multiple Leader option from moogle's plugin), although if you want to have the option for a single actor only, I can do that.

- After each battle: Relations with current party members increase (option to also include members not included in battle - like for those at camp or something), amount can be adjusted in parameters.

OPTIONAL:
- If the romance option is desired, was going to add in a state that is applied as long as the two romance partners are in the same party (a little buff, if you will)

- If you want the friendship skills from Moogle's plugin (or something similar) when a certain value has been reached (example: 100% = "Best Friend" and thus gain a best friend skill or similar)

And-or anything else you can think of.

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I guess I should probably ask this - to both OP and yourself @LilKnockerOut but how much of the original system did you want? Like specifically what features?

PLANNED:
- Make a Sims-like menu of current friends/lovers with basic actor data, bars, titles, icons of showing relationships of said actor. (So a friendship meter and a romance meter - which doesn't appear until initiated)

- The relationship system itself will be Sims-Like (so the Multiple Leader option from moogle's plugin), although if you want to have the option for a single actor only, I can do that.

- After each battle: Relations with current party members increase (option to also include members not included in battle - like for those at camp or something), amount can be adjusted in parameters.

OPTIONAL:
- If the romance option is desired, was going to add in a state that is applied as long as the two romance partners are in the same party (a little buff, if you will)

- If you want the friendship skills from Moogle's plugin (or something similar) when a certain value has been reached (example: 100% = "Best Friend" and thus gain a best friend skill or similar)

I will join him, I would like to see this system port to MZ, if possible all the features (including the OPTIONAL once), will help for a sim game like stardew valley in mind (or other sims games), and you can add your own if you want. Thank you for this, sure it can help many people.

Edit: but if possible make the 'OPTIONAL' once as OPTIONAL and not as a Requirement

Not sure if this already in your plan, but I will like to see an option for turning 'switch' on and off when a player reach a specific level with a specific NPC/event.

Last edited:

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've evented my current friendship system, but having all of it in one convenient plug in instead would be nice, so full support to this. <3

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I will join him, I would like to see this system port to MZ, if possible all the features (including the OPTIONAL once), will help for a sim game like stardew valley in mind (or other sims games), and you can add your own if you want. Thank you for this, sure it can help many people.

Edit: but if possible make the 'OPTIONAL' once as OPTIONAL and not as a Requirement

Not sure if this already in your plan, but I will like to see an option for turning 'switch' on and off when a player reach a specific level with a specific NPC/event.
I sure can. I'll also keep the option to run a common event upon certain friendship levels, and storing in a variable for event conditionals, etc.

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I sure can. I'll also keep the option to run a common event upon certain friendship levels, and storing in a variable for event conditionals, etc.
That's a great idea, open a lot of options. Thanks!

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin is being worked on now. Got most base mechanics done so far (adding/removing friendship/romance levels, retrieving the data). Working on the scene and window now so we can display the data.

Please be patient as I try to be as meticulous as I can be, and am also busy with other stuff. I will promise to work on it at least a little bit each day if I can't sit and spent a lot of time on it. So it'll get done .. eventually :p I'll keep ya'll up to date if you prefer, or I'll just announce when it's done.

Again if you have any requests or suggestions, now's the time to put them in.

LilKnockerOut

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

PLANNED:

OPTIONAL:

Sorry for the late reply. I actually with everyone else in the post. I have a suggestion but it's not an essential thing. For the common event that plays upon certain friendship levels, is it automatic or is it something that the player can activate? So an example would be if the developer is making a friendship system that has romance options that the developer only wants one activated at a time per actor. Is the player allowed to choose which actor she would like to romance or will the events play automatically when the prerequisites for the variables are met?

An example like this would be in Fire Emblem: Awakening where the Support system allows players to chose which two actors have a cutscene or common event play when the friendship points requirements are met.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the late reply. I actually with everyone else in the post. I have a suggestion but it's not an essential thing. For the common event that plays upon certain friendship levels, is it automatic or is it something that the player can activate? So an example would be if the developer is making a friendship system that has romance options that the developer only wants one activated at a time per actor. Is the player allowed to choose which actor she would like to romance or will the events play automatically when the prerequisites for the variables are met?

An example like this would be in Fire Emblem: Awakening where the Support system allows players to chose which two actors have a cutscene or common event play when the friendship points requirements are met.
It would be whatever common event you setup in the parameters. Okay so this system is on a set scale:

Friendship: -100 (hate) -> 0(neutral) -> 100 (best friends)
Romance: 0(nothing) -> 100(lovers)

(There are of course other mid-way terms, but this is a simple model) So let's say you want Common Event 5 to run when Actor1's romance with Actor 2 is 50+ but Common Event 6 to run when Actor1's romance with Actor 3 is 50+, then you'd make the two common events, and setup in the parameters (which I have yet to do).

Something like an event list -> enter like:
[Entry1]
ActorID: 2
EventID: 5
Condition (romance >= 50) TBD..

[Entry2]
ActorID: 3
EventID: 6
Condition (romance >= 50)

I don't know yet, still work in progress :p

LilKnockerOut

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, I see what you mean. I guess I was just confused if the common events themselves would be activated if the players choose it when going through the menu or if the common event would be an automatic event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Once again working on a game I'm not sure I'm going to sell or even publish
That feel when you're awake past midnight and suddenly you're one year older :ninja:
I miss collaborations, but I don't know how to find someone to make face parts just to share them with others, and even though I don't like writing or music, I can't trust anyone with writing on my game because it has themes that are easy to mess up, and music needs a clear tone and scenes.
People donating to me for my upcoming birthday so I can pay my team a little. Such angels, I'm so happy. T uT I smile so much my face hurts. Good souls in this world.
Playing Ragnarok Online again is very nostalgic. The last time I played it was 20 years ago, when I was ten-twelve old.
My first mmorpg.^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashstop