lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry if I haven't provided updates in a bit. Been a bit hectic. Not much progress has been made unfortunately but I haven't stopped. I'm going to try to focus on getting the menu portion working this week. Something simple to start off (add an actor to the party; automatic +5 friendship points) -> Open menu -> Friends List (should see actor 2's face graphic, name, current relationship bar).

LilKnockerOut

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry if I haven't provided updates in a bit. Been a bit hectic. Not much progress has been made unfortunately but I haven't stopped. I'm going to try to focus on getting the menu portion working this week. Something simple to start off (add an actor to the party; automatic +5 friendship points) -> Open menu -> Friends List (should see actor 2's face graphic, name, current relationship bar).
Hey, don't sweat it, man. I'm just glad you're still working on it.

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Really no need to be sorry, do it when you have time, we can only thank you for doing this, don't feel pressured or anything.

Sloff1155

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm happy to see people reply I've been away busy with work and life. I'm definitely interested in something with a in game menu, Extremely detailed, lot's of options. I would definitely be willing to pay if I like it definitely.

Sloff1155

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh I guess I should probably ask this - to both OP and yourself @LilKnockerOut but how much of the original system did you want? Like specifically what features?

PLANNED:
- Make a Sims-like menu of current friends/lovers with basic actor data, bars, titles, icons of showing relationships of said actor. (So a friendship meter and a romance meter - which doesn't appear until initiated)

- The relationship system itself will be Sims-Like (so the Multiple Leader option from moogle's plugin), although if you want to have the option for a single actor only, I can do that.

- After each battle: Relations with current party members increase (option to also include members not included in battle - like for those at camp or something), amount can be adjusted in parameters.

OPTIONAL:
- If the romance option is desired, was going to add in a state that is applied as long as the two romance partners are in the same party (a little buff, if you will)

- If you want the friendship skills from Moogle's plugin (or something similar) when a certain value has been reached (example: 100% = "Best Friend" and thus gain a best friend skill or similar)

And-or anything else you can think of.
I love this one so far. Definitely both Friendship/Romance.

Sloff1155

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Like I said lots of options things like but not limited to, maybe one potential character loves things like killing and would advance the romance system, while another may not like it and decrease standing. Just one example. So the more options the better.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I got a menu option to appear (still blank), haven't been able to work much on it (but as promised, it's still going.. albeit slowly). The killing one might be trickier, but I'll see what I can do.

Sloff1155

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got a menu option to appear (still blank), haven't been able to work much on it (but as promised, it's still going.. albeit slowly). The killing one might be trickier, but I'll see what I can do.
Awesome thanks, just keep me posted. Even a cool work around would work like a note tag that I can make character specific.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just quick after-holidays update. Kitchen is in middle of remodeling so the plugin has been put on pause for a bit. When this is over with, I'll resume working on it. Promise ^_^ Just wanted to post something so nobody thinks I've left them in the wind :p

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Sloff1155 , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
UPDATE: Renovations are finally coming to an end (almost). Should be able to work on the plugin again here and there. Still trying to wrap my brain around how to draw the 'list' of actors (easy method would just to copy how they do the main party menu but then that limits it to 4... so was going to do a list like in the shop class, so it scrolls down). Maybe something like:
--
character sprite | character name | show current icons (buffs and stuff)
--
-> Select -> Brings up the character portfolio.
[Actor Face Graphic]
Friendship ## 'title'
Romance ## 'title'
[Icon] BuffName (brief description of effect)

Options: Back to List, Back to Menu, Exit (goes back to map)

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE: Renovations are finally coming to an end (almost). Should be able to work on the plugin again here and there. Still trying to wrap my brain around how to draw the 'list' of actors (easy method would just to copy how they do the main party menu but then that limits it to 4... so was going to do a list like in the shop class, so it scrolls down). Maybe something like:
--
character sprite | character name | show current icons (buffs and stuff)
--
-> Select -> Brings up the character portfolio.
[Actor Face Graphic]
Friendship ## 'title'
Romance ## 'title'
[Icon] BuffName (brief description of effect)

Options: Back to List, Back to Menu, Exit (goes back to map)
Glad to hear, and I hope you doing well lordvaliner.

One of my fever relationship system secne is from 'Stardew valley', similar to what you thinking already however down how different, i hope others agree this one looks pretty good and including all the feuters in small sence: First you have a small box where you can see if you discover this character or not, if not it will show black sprite picture and ??? On the name, when you discover/talk to this NPC then it shows half of the sprite image (to save space), name next to them with small () tell you if they single or merrid (not necessary means you can't date them but give you more info), hearts on the right for the lvl you know each other (maybe add option to change the heart image to whatever dev want it to be (just upload file name 'x' that will shoe up there) and a place for the time player give gift to this NPC (specific item they like, change depending on the NPC), you can expend on that if you want but this is a very nice/simple but good looking the with a 'scroll' option can be perfect. You can look it up more if you wish.l5p41pou6kc41.png

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: Alright I have received some good news. We're looking at the end of April or start of May -> I'll be back to plugins and will try to at least get some sort of update on this thing! lol
--
Ah another Stardew Valley fan I see :D However, this request is Sloff's so am trying to emulate the MV version with a few edits/additions of my own so I'm not just copying 1:1 either. When I do my plugins, I like to give devs tons of options if possible :)

Last edited:

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
UPDATE (05/17/2021): (Part 2) - Removed Events as options (for now). Got a bit complicated. Might switch how they're displayed (perhaps a variable bar over event head of current friendship or heart icon if romanced).

--
UPDATE (05/17/2021): New mechanics added - Can now put in tags on actors, there are two types:

Repeatable Conditional Tags:
<frsBuff type actorId value: state ID>
<frsSkill type actorId value: skill ID>

type: Refers to 'friend' or 'romance', checking whether or not this state or skill is added when increased friendship or romance (Likewise if current friendship/romance is below the value, then the state or skill is removed.

value: Refers to the current friendship/romance value between the current checked actor and the actor with actorId.

Do Once Conditional Tags:
<frsEvent type actorId value: event ID>
<frsSwitch type actorId value: switch ID true/false>
<frsVar type actorId value: variable ID varValue>

These are only activated once (although there will be script and plugin command options to turn these "Do Once" flags back to false, so these options can be run again if desired.

--
UPDATE (05/11/2021): Things are starting to pick up. Adding more options in the plugin parameters, and soon going to be busting out the Comments/Notetags for special stuff (like the switches/variables/common events); Handing you the tools for special stuff (like ActorA killing stuff = ActorB dislikes), just event it and use the available functions/plugin command.

Menu is also improving, lined up, more info shown, and also adding buff states from 2+ romanced characters being in the same party. So things are going well and being added nearly every day :) Hope to have a working model in a week (maybe less if I'm lucky).

--
UPDATE (05/10/2021): Making some progress. Getting things aligned, got multiple friends on the list now (see new screenshot), doesn't accommodate for VERY long names; that's as long I'll allow. Gotta save room for buff icons and of course the Romance icon (indicating that actor is a lover not just a friend :p -> Which will also change the colors of the bar (To be added), etc.)
-------------------------------------
Sorry for double posting here (doing it to bump the thread) - I have resumed working on the plugin. The following screenshot is... a mess, but I'm getting there. Trying to line up the actor sprite, name, and after that will draw the "friendship meter" followed by any buff(states) icons after that.

If the actor is being romanced, the bar will change to a different color and a heart icon (setup in parameters) will show before any buff icons will (with some spacing).

Attachments

• FRS_WIP.png
    FRS_WIP.png
    324.3 KB · Views: 17
  • FRS_Menu.png
    FRS_Menu.png
    642.2 KB · Views: 17
  • FRS_Updated1.png
    FRS_Updated1.png
    279.3 KB · Views: 11
  • FRS_Romance.png
    FRS_Romance.png
    269.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@lordvalinar @Sloff1155 I'm going to clarify exactly what double posting is. Double posting is posting right after yourself when no one else has posted, like Sloff has done just above me. Posting again to bump a thread, if it's been 72 hours, is not considered double posting. Another exception is if a content creators - art resources, music resources, script/plugin writers, etc. They are free to double post with updates to their thread.

I know it's confusing, so I hope this helps clear things up.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@lordvalinar @Sloff1155 I'm going to clarify exactly what double posting is. Double posting is posting right after yourself when no one else has posted, like Sloff has done just above me. Posting again to bump a thread, if it's been 72 hours, is not considered double posting. Another exception is if a content creators - art resources, music resources, script/plugin writers, etc. They are free to double post with updates to their thread.

I know it's confusing, so I hope this helps clear things up.
Gotchya. Makes sense.

As for the plugin - taking a break today, but here's the latest update:
UPDATE (05/19/2021):

Battle Tags: place on actor note field if you want relations to increase/decrease with that actor if party leader gets into a battle. (maybe a pacifist will decrease in relations or something)

<frsBattle: value>
value: can be a positive or negative integer.

UI Improvement: Included another window to show current actor's relation list (see screenshots). When 2+ romanced characters are in same party, they get a buff (set in plugin parameters) as shown below. To obtain more buffs use the frsBuff repeatable condition tag mentioned in other post.

Attachments

• FRS_Scene.png
    FRS_Scene.png
    685.5 KB · Views: 9
  • LoverBuffs.png
    LoverBuffs.png
    906.7 KB · Views: 7

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: Oh about the bars, that was a mistake on my part - they still have the darkened background gauge.

UPDATE (05/25/2021): Finished adding the planned edits (below), along with a few extras. Items -AND- skills can add/lose friendship-romance with proper tags; Added a plugin command to save current data to a variable (in case you want to use those in message boxes), will upload screenshot of that tomorrow (is late here); Can also add tags to actors if you want relations setup at the start of a game (when party setup).

UPDATE (05/24/2021): Plugin is almost finished. Included a prefix and postfix for NPC naming conventions so you can customize it how you want. (like in the example I just have "(npc)" as the prefix, but if you want a "(" prefix and ")" postfix the NPC would be named "(The Witch)" in the relation list instead.
-- Planned Edits --
* Adding tags to items (for one-time adding/removing friendship/romance from a certain actor
* Adding parameter option to store a relation value to a variable (will post screenshot of example in next update)

If there is *anything* you would like me to add/remove/change, now's the best time :p Next update will be the semi-final version before any final changes.

Attachments

• FRS_Latest.png
    FRS_Latest.png
    719.3 KB · Views: 8
  • saveToVar.png
    saveToVar.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
SEMI-FINAL UPDATE (06/03/2021):
@Sloff1155 please review for any further questions or suggestions before I publish/finalize the plugin:

FEATURES(current):
  • Notetags(Actors, Skills, Items): Assign notetags that can:
    • Set initial friendship/romance levels upon the starting party composition
    • Add friendship between party after every battle
    • Checks if current friendship/romance level is above a certain threshold -> adds a state or learns a skill (as applicable), or if the level is below the threshold -> removes state or forgets a skill.
    • One-Time common events, switch flips (true or false), or variable adjustment based on certain friendship/romance level >= the threshold. Plugin command available to remove the DoOnce flag.
    • Skill Notetag (can increase friendship/romance with a certain actor (or the target themselves!)
    • Item Notetag (can increase friendship/romance between user[party leader] and target ally)
  • Custom "Relations" menu (Yes -> I do have a compatibility method for working with VisuStella's Main Menu Core) displaying all available friends/romanced actors (and NPCs!)
    • This menu displays the actor/NPC graphic, name, relation bar (green = friendship; reddish = romanced) + Icon if "engaged/married/lovers/significant other", and then up 5 state icons representing any buffs applied.
  • You can befriend/romance NPCs, however you cannot switch to them in the relations menu (You will get a buzzer), but you can still get all the buffs as you would with an actor (conditionals are setup via the plugin command or script call - if you want any).
  • Plugin command to save a relation value to a variable, so can use with message boxes.
PLUGIN PARAMETERS:
  • Minimum relations level (default 0): Lowest value to check for/set
  • Maximum relations level (default 100): Highest value to check/set
  • "Engaged" icon ID (default 84): When lovers/married/etc, this icon will appear in the Relations menu
  • "Engaged" minimum (default 90): The romance value must be greater than or equal to this value to be considered "engaged/married/lovers/etc".
  • "Engaged" state ID (default 0): If you want your lovers to get a buff while in the same party, the state with this ID will be applied to both (or all if multiple lovers). If one leaves the party, all lose the buff.
  • New Member Friendship (default 0): When you gain a new member, the current party gains this much friendship with them.
  • New Member Befriends Party (default false): If the 'new member friendship' value is > 0 and this is 'true' then the new member will also add everyone in the party to their friends list.
  • Prefix (string -> '' default '(npc)'): If you want to separate your NPC names in the Relations list, this prefix will be added before the event name. Can combine with Postfix.
  • Postfix (string -> '' default blank): If you want to separate your NPC names in the Relations list, this postfix will be added after the event name. Can combine with Prefix.
  • Relation Window Text (string -> '' default 'Relations:'): This is the text that appears in the header box, displaying which is the current actor's friends list. Just added for user customization.
  • (NEW):As of a few minutes ago, I added the ability to customize the gradient fill for the friend/romance bars. Does use HEX code (so a simple google search- or leaving it alone- will help the dev out if they don't want to use the standards)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?
So Dad broke the blinds two days ago and he finally decided to try to fix them. I doubt he'll do very well without some help. And I can't help him myself--I don't know how the stink to fix those blinds. My knowledge is just plushies, mascots, computers, animation, and video game design. And also, I've had to stop family and friends from downloading viruses too many times to count.
IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuidadoDoyJuegos