[FROG] Health - Additional Custom HP, Hunger, Thirst and more!

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't seen you for a long time. You can play games and find interesting ones, and then make them into plug-ins, because there is a relationship between game players and game makers and plug-in makers

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to display health gauges in other windows? I'm planning on using four health gauges in the game, and the HP/MP gauges will not be used at all. What I'd like to do is replace the HP/MP gauges with my defined health gauges in all the menus like the main menu, battle windows, etc.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Chazareth
I believe that the battle screen and the standard status window can be configured in the plugin parameters to display the gauges how you want. I don't remember off-hand if you can get rid of the default HP and MP from the other windows like the main menu, actor select, equip and such. I guess I just assumed that if you didn't want HP that you'd just rebrand it to whatever you wanted before adding new health attributes. It's been a while since I've worked on this and I haven't made it back to it for my MZ project I'm working on just yet. I don't know what you have in mind for your game so the best I can say is to read through the documentation and play around with the demo project to see if it'll do what you need it to do.

Marianna

Queen of wolves
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Frogboy. I love your plugin and would love to use it in my project but unfortunately it gives me an error. I can't use it in battle without getting an error saying "TypeError: Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D'". It's a shame because I really wanted to use it. Is there a way to disable it for battles? For some reason it also gives me an error with the HP (shows Nan) and prevents me from seeing the HP and the damage that I inflict on the enemies. I use yanfly plugins and Mog-battle plugins. Merry Xmas! :D

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Marianna
Yeah, that error definitely sounds like a conflict with another plugin. One of the ones you're using is changing something that conflicting with something I did or vise versa. You can try turning off all of the plugins except this one and then turning on each of the others you are using one-by-one. You could narrow down which one or ones is causing the error. Perhaps it's one that you can do without or maybe if you know a little bit about JavaScript, can patch it up and make it work.

And Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

aelwhin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Frogboy, and thank you so much for this plugin! I do have a weird problem - I'm assuming this is plug and play, but when I added the plugin, none of the parameters I made are showing up on my status screen? Did I need to call something first to have it show up there? I already have Frog Core and I'm not getting any compatibility errors (I put your plugins under all the Yanfly plugins I have!)

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@aelwhin
Try adjusting the parameters under Status Window to match the Health stats that you created for your game.

1609035675860.png

aelwhin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frogboy

I actually haven't changed that part yet - I just added in the plugin. So the ones listed by default should be working, right? What I mean is the health stats that are all listed here by default should work if I didn't change that part?

Because right now the status menu looks like no plugin have been used at all - it's showing what I usually get before it was installed.

The only section I changed was the Actor Config ID so it affects the character (and I only have 1 character). I turned off the Show Race as well.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@aelwhin
Yeah, it should just work. There's no way to turn that off for the default status screen. Not sure what the issue is unless you have another plugin that's making changes to this area as well.

Darkskull12

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @Frogboy!

I just started using rpgmaker (using the demo rn) and I was immediately compelled to start scripting as I was not into the default designs of rpgmaker. (I have years of coding experience but not with javascript unfortunately.) To that end, I did not like TP (I figured out how to code TP out at least) and I wanted to add a lot of the status bars that you provide, but I am using mz instead of mv. Looking at the code, I can tell that you have put a lot of work in this, which I am very grateful for, but I can't figure out how to get the plugin to work :/. I primarily want status bars in my menu, with only a few in combat, but no new status bars appear when I turn on the plugin and I can't get into combat as it flags the necessity of rectangles. I am assuming this is a compatibility issue between mv and mz, and I was wondering if you had any guidance. For example, I have tracked at least one rectangle down to this line: (line 2794)

this._healthHpGaugeWindow.push(new Window_HealthHpGauge(x, y, w, h, enemy));

Again it claims it needs a rectangle as an argument. I can't imagine you know this answer at the top of your head, hopefully the line number helps, but I would appreciate any guidance. Additionally, if you have any time in the near future, would it be possible to point me to the lines that generate the new status bars? I am unfamiliar with the code so it's hard for me to see and I think it would go a long way.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Darkskull12
While MV and MZ have a very similar code base, there are enough changes that most plugins won't convert directly over. One big change that I just got done dealing with in my current project is that gauges were completely revamped. In MV, you just draw gauges where you want and if you want labels and values drawn on them, you have to manually draw those too. In MZ, gauges are drawn with their labels and values as one command (good) but they're also pretty much hard-coded to only drawing a battler's HP, MP, TP and ATB because that's all the base engine uses (bad).

If you don't have a lot of JavaScript experience yet, I'd highly suggest starting with something simpler than this plugin. The Health plugin was easily the most difficult one I did because of how ingrained, and mostly hard-coded, HP is in the engine. If you have a specific set of Health HP in mind, whether it's the ones I provided by default (hunger, thirst etc.) or other ones for a game you have in mind, you would likely have a much easier time creating a new plugin that adds in just what you want/need without all of the configurability options. For instance, adding in a Hunger and Thirst bar, if that's all you need, would be infinitely easier than trying to convert this entire plugin over from MV to MZ.

I won't be able to help you much with tracking down and solving the errors you are getting when trying to use this with MZ. You are going to run into a lot of them, especially where the gauges are concerned and possibly in areas of the code that I haven't spent a lot of time yet in MZ. This plugin's functionality will be integrated in with the project I am currently working on so it will eventually be ported over to MZ but I don't have any kind of timetable on when it'll be ready for public consumption. It's going to take some time.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Darkskull12

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you!

I had been looking at base mz code before I gave in and looked for plugins online for examples, but I wasn't making much head way. This morning, however, I did manage to figure out how to display a new bar and set certain properties of it so I am feeling good. Thanks again!

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone told me that after the plug-in is turned on, the skills and attack sound effects will be repeated, but only the attack will happen in my own test, and so will your demonstration. How can I solve this problem?

Aditya_Himarwan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi frogboy! This plugin is what i was searching for whole lot of time. But i found a problem while just simply editing one of the bar (I delete oxygen and replaced it with vitamin A, i want to create blind status if vitamin a bar dropped). Here are what i found. Thanks!

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    201 KB · Views: 8

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi frogboy! This plugin is what i was searching for whole lot of time. But i found a problem while just simply editing one of the bar (I delete oxygen and replaced it with vitamin A, i want to create blind status if vitamin a bar dropped). Here are what i found. Thanks!
I'm going to guess that your health abbreviation is vitaminA. There's a bug here which requires all of your abbreviations to be in all lower case. If you change it to vitamina or vitamin_a, it shouldn't crash here any longer. Sorry about that.

Aditya_Himarwan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to guess that your health abbreviation is vitaminA. There's a bug here which requires all of your abbreviations to be in all lower case. If you change it to vitamina or vitamin_a, it shouldn't crash here any longer. Sorry about that.
many thanks! now it works perfectly!

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
this is great! :D :thumbsup-right:

Aditya_Himarwan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi frogboy! Thanks for your response before. Now i want to ask if there's any plugin command that call common events or variable if, say, your HP falls below certain amount. Like, if HP(energy) falls to zero, then my HP(bodyweight) falls too. I'm sorry if this has been replied before, or, if this an OOT question. Regardless, this plugin helped me so much so thanks again!

edit : sorry if my broken english frustrates you :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuangou