[FROG] Health - Additional Custom HP, Hunger, Thirst and more!

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Frogboy, Mar 14, 2018.

1. sutorumie

sutorumie I'm a whimsical girl. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried using a formula that uses a variable in it and it doesn't work (the stats don't change), in addition if I put the formula directly into an item damage formula to recover the default HP stat, and then use the item in game, it turns the current HP value into NaN. However, if I remove the script, the formula works just fine to recover HP.

Here's my formula, for reference: v[3] === 5 ? 17 : 15;

The idea is that the character has a preference for certain foods (sweet, spicy, etc) and foods/drinks they like are more filling. Variable 3 tracks their preference, 5 means they like bland foods, so if they like bland foods, the item is +17, but if they don't, it's +15 instead.

2. albert-youkai

albert-youkai Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    i find a thing to can be fixed\add (maybe just me)
    need cmpatibility with yanfly Status Menu Core

3. kaiijuu

kaiijuu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love this! I wanted to make a weather - condition system similar to Breath of the Wild's, and this would definitely help. ILY <3 THANK YOU.

4. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Ravenith

Ravenith Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Hello there @Frogboy , great plugin. Adds a ton of utility.
    May I suggest an additional feature? It would be great if these additional parameters could be used as a skill resource, much like MP or TP.

6. quackenbirdt

quackenbirdt Pixel Pili Games Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great plugin! Similar to what I'm looking for. Hello @Frogboy, is there any way to make this plugin into a collective "hunger" system that the whole party shares, like a ration system? Also would be nice to manipulate the amount reduced based on the terrain in the world map the character is walking on.
    I've manage to implement as system like this through eventing, but it messes up random encounters. Thanks.

7. Frogboy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Ravenith
    This is something I would like to add in the future.

@quackenbirdt
    I don't know about the collective hunger system. All of these extra HP and the corresponding UI elements are directly tied to each actor individually so it would probably be a lot of work to rework an separate option for a party-wide variation. I like the idea but I wouldn't count on this one coming to fruition.

The second part is somewhat doable. By setting and removing Conditions at various spots on a map, you can alter the rates by which Health HP change including how they behave (rise, fall or push towards the center). This likely doesn't work well for over world maps where the terrain changes often between grassland, hills, forest, mountains etc. I don't know if Terrain tags would work well for this as there is only 8 of them of I'm not mistaken but maybe Region IDs could be utilized in a similar way. I'll keep this in mind when I get back to updating my plugins with all of suggestions I've gotten in recent weeks.

8. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    How can i make it decrease with Mog Time System?

9. Frogboy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Black Mamba
    You'll want to see if MOGs plugin has a way to hook into it and maybe run some common events at specific times. Then you can make plugin or script calls to my Health plugin to create the effects you desire.

Black Mamba likes this.
  10. The_Black_Knight

The_Black_Knight Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Frogboy
    Hey, this is a cool plugin. I'm pretty new to rpg maker so I hope you dont mind me asking the following:
    What would be the most efficient way to tie the value of a health bar to derive from all pieces of armour?
    What I have in mind is to have the health bar represent the ammount of protection they give you.

11. Frogboy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @The_Black_Knight
    I believe that under Health Config -> Adjustments, you can add to the wearer's normal HP value. See if that works with what you're trying to do.

12. blade911

blade911 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nice work frogboy, this looks really good.

Frogboy likes this.
  13. Tengisgol

Tengisgol Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm using this plugin but I'm not using two of the extra HP statistics, Oxygen and Psyche. In the Status and battle screens the statistics are shown as if there is two stats missing. Is there a way to fix this so these blank bars aren't shown?

14. Frogboy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tengisgol

I believe this post has the answer you're looking for.

15. Jomy10

Jomy10 Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to show the food bar and the other bars on the screen at all time, instead of showing it only when in battle?
    With SMR HUD maker I can do this for gold by entering this: Gold: ${$gameParty.gold()} . Maybe I can do it with the HUD Maker? I wouldn't know what to fill in it, I went through the plugin to try, but couldn't find anything.

16. Gabenslair

Gabenslair Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think my question was already answered earlier it the forum thread but..
    Is it possible to add a more MP styled parameter in case certain skills need specified "fire mana" or "focus"?

17. Banjo

Banjo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This plugin is amazing! Between this and your Traits plugins, one can make an amazing and - more importantly - different RPG style game. As a fan of survival games, Infinity Engine games and tabletop RPGs, I adore these!

Thanks so much!

18. dragonx777

dragonx777 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a wonderful plugin given the environments I have in my game (desert, snow fields, etc) but my game lags when play testing. Any thoughts?

19. KineticDog

KineticDog Villager Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bug report. In the latest version of rmmv project, if the 'Health' plugin is used, battler's traditional hp becomes 'NaN' after been attacked. The battler could either be an actor or enemy. Would you mind to take a look? Your plugin is really helpful and I want to use it in my project

20. raindrop717

raindrop717 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello. I want to thank you for making this plugin, Frogboy. It is extremely helpful. I do have a question for you though. Is it possible to hide the extra bars on enemies during battle? For the project I'm working on, I don't need to know that information.

Also, I am experiencing the same bug as KineticDog, where the actors' HP bars turn clear and display "NaN" after they take damage. From that point, they are unable to receive any further damage. For the enemies, however, the HP bar vanishes completely after they take damage, and they become unable to take damage too, causing the battle to never end.

Not sure if it is part of the same bug, but the actor's face images don't always appear on the battle screen either. And for some reason, all the bars for the default bat enemies don't show up (except for HP), but they do for all the other enemies.

Hope I didn't create too much extra work for you. :yswt2: