[FROG] Health - Additional Custom HP, Hunger, Thirst and more!

Martyn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The "NaN" issue I had as well. But I fixed it by changing the formula for the attack skill to "Attack" or whatever you have the formula to be in the plugin parameters

raindrop717

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The "NaN" issue I had as well. But I fixed it by changing the formula for the attack skill to "Attack" or whatever you have the formula to be in the plugin parameters
Just to clarify, you changed the damage formula of your Attack skill to match the one the FROG Health plugin is using? So this one?
a.atk * 2 - b.def

I tried that and am sadly still having the same issue. Did you happen to change anything else?

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. I opened up the demo file and looked at those formulas and figured it out, so it works now! Thank you so much for solving that! I wonder why my bat enemies still only show their HP bar though...

Last edited:

Martyn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Think I've found a bug with this plugin and yanflys battle engine core. I wanted enemies to have cast animations in front view battles and the battle engine core is a decent plugin. So I've set up enemies to have body part health bars. So if the head goes to 0 it dies even if the enemy still has overall hp left. But the enemy doesn't die until overall hp is 0 with both plugins together. If I disable yanflys it works as supposed to. I've gone through everything to make sure it's nothing on my end. But I've come to the conclusion it must be a bug of sorts.

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

1.) @Frogboy: I love your plugin!

2.)
I hope it's right to poste here.
I've got a question about configurating an armor for frog health.
I would like an armor to recover the food health by a value of 5 every 10 steps.
I followed the introduction in the description.
I went into:
Health Confic -> food-> adjustments -> Armor
I added a new one set the armor Id->value 5 ->steps 10. I left the remaining parts default. I thougt, if my character weares this armor ingame, the
food health will start refilling, but it remains decreasing.
Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

And sorry for my bad english.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question actually... I was wondering is there a way to say... reset the gauge in battle. I created a stun gauge and I can't figure out a way to get it back to 0 after the status is applied. it just stays at 100 and you can just keep inflicting the status. I know items can be used to bring down/up gauges, but since it's a stun state, you can't use any items, or move in general. so I was wondering is there a way once a status is inflicted to reset the gauge back to it's starting spot. also, would I use Conditions to set them back to 0 and whatnot outside of battle?

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does nobody have an idea, what I did wrong or I have to do, to increase a decreasing health by wearing a special armor?

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to include the special health bars as part of a damage modifier?

eg: a.atk * a.customhp - b.def

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your custom HP has an abbreviation assigned to them. As long as the Add to Formula's plugin parameter is turned on, you can use the abbreviations in your formulas exactly how you want.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your custom HP has an abbreviation assigned to them. As long as the Add to Formula's plugin parameter is turned on, you can use the abbreviations in your formulas exactly how you want.
Thanks, doesn't work for some reason, probably an incompatibility.

Does your series of scripts go above or below yanfly's?

Edit:

The formula is something like this:

(2 * a.mat - b.mdf) * (a.synchro / 100)

Not sure why it's not working, the output reads 0 even when the synchro HP is 100.

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These plugins are designed to go under Yanfly's.

Sounds like an error is occurring which won't crash your game but deliver zero as the damage. You're sure you have Add to Formulas turned on? What happens when you simply make the damage formula a.synchro? Do you still get zero or the value of said Health value?

You might be able to get around a compatibility issue if that's what's happening by using the Named Formulas feature. This was implemented in order to be able to damage or heal Health HP but should work just the same for normal HP as I had to take into consideration attacks that say, decrease regular HP and Health HP. An example I used in the documentation is a Choke attack that does a little bit of normal damage and a decent amount of Oxygen damage.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These plugins are designed to go under Yanfly's.

Sounds like an error is occurring which won't crash your game but deliver zero as the damage. You're sure you have Add to Formulas turned on? What happens when you simply make the damage formula a.synchro? Do you still get zero or the value of said Health value?

You might be able to get around a compatibility issue if that's what's happening by using the Named Formulas feature. This was implemented in order to be able to damage or heal Health HP but should work just the same for normal HP as I had to take into consideration attacks that say, decrease regular HP and Health HP. An example I used in the documentation is a Choke attack that does a little bit of normal damage and a decent amount of Oxygen damage.
Still 0 damage. Even if a.synchro is used by itself.
bug1.png
bug2.png

disabling all scripts but the frog health has no effect.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I don't know what's going on. Does the demo project work or is it broken as well?

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I don't know what's going on. Does the demo project work or is it broken as well?
Your demo project works fine, I don't see any of the formulae in the formula configuration area using custom terms for damage like

a.oxygen - b.mdf

I think it's the base nature of the script itself.

Damage to HP when custom health exceeds normal parameters works fine outside of battles. Inside battles, you need to use states to have any effect to HP or modifiers to damage. Was hoping for something a bit more direct so that I can have something of a health damage modifier

eg: (2 * a.mat - b.mdf) * (a.synchro / 100)

so when synchro health is 200, the damage is doubled.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello, I installed your Health plugin a few hours ago and I cannot get it to work. It keeps saying that it cannot read property 'immune'.

NeedHelpOnThisPlugin.png

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
it's me again.
I found a solution for my 1st problem with a common event.

Now I would like to ask something else.
I use Moghunter's Time System and I thought I could decrease the health status everytime the hour variable of mog's time system changes. But I can't get it to work.
Is there a way to do this?
I know something like this was asked a page before. My idea was to set up a common event which triggers every time the hour variable is changing.

Edit:
I think I finally found a solution!
I hope everything will work correctly, but only time will show it.
I finally opened Mog Time system.js with an editor and searched for the minute variable ID. For my personal experiment I changed the ID to anotherone. The original was 10102 I think. I changed it to 10 an marked the Variable in my game, so I can't accidently use it in a different way.
Then I created a common Event. I run it on parallel an set a switch which ist turned right after gamestart.
Then I set:
If: Minute Variable = 59
Plugincommand: HEALTH REMHP 1 food 10
Wait: 180 Frames

As far as I can see, my common event is triggered only once in an mog time system hour. (I set the max minutes to 60).

I hope this can help others, who wants to run Frog Health with Mog's Time System.

Last edited:

Gabenslair

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good Time of the Day,
Are there plugin commands to show/hide the bars? I didn't find any mention of showing/hiding the visible bars in your readme. The reason I want to inquire upon this is that I wouldn't want more specific bars such as "Oxygen" and "Body Temperature" to show up everywhere even if your well above land or at a chill indoor moment.
Thank you for reading.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I need help, I cant figure out how to use food items to increase body temperature for use in cold places, its crucial for my game.

Two_Stubz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for some reason when i start the game and go to status, it doesn't work.
i don't know what's wrong, it just says can't read undefined.

xXDrewskiXx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I love the plugin and so far its worked great for me! I did run into an issue that I cant seem to solve.
I imagine this is pretty specific to my project, but perhaps others would like to see this resolved as well.

I'm trying to implement my damage system, it uses HP layers and goes like this;

Tech Shield
Mystic Barrier
Armor
Health

You've made it very easy for me to carry over damage from one layer to another, but I'd like the damage to half every time it goes through a layer.

Example;

Enemy Deals 100 Damage
(Max & Current HP layers)
Tech Shield 20 [Takes 100 dam]
Mystic Barrier 20 [80 dam carried over]
Armor 20 [60 dam carried over]
Health 20 [40 damage kills the character]

So currently damage would do 20 to Tech Shield, then 20 to Mystic Barrier, 20 to Armor and 20 to Health, resulting in the characters death.

I would like it to go like this;

Enemy Deals 100 Damage
(Max & Current HP layers)
Tech Shield 20 [Takes 20 damage, leaving 80, which is halved to 40]
Mystic Barrier 20 [40 dam carried over, leaving 20, which is halved to 10]
Armor 20 [10 damage carried over, which the armor can withstand]
Health 20

This makes 1/2 dam going through each layer paramount, and insures that in a game with possible high damage dealing enemies, that the character can survive at least one high damage attack.

I've tried to toggle on/off Guard, but the damage is already calculated so it doesn't make any difference except for future enemy attacks that turn.

Tried other custom states, no luck. Even tried implementing Yanflys Action Sequence Packs to turn guard on and off mid attack, but no dice.

I had considered editing the script directly from Frogs_Health, particularly the Drain Health Abbr, but am a kiddie AF.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

LetsTryThatAgain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this plugin compatible with Yanfly's Skill Core, where you can use the extra bars as the cost for Skills?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ahh, end of the day stinky feet, fresh out of the boots. Smells like a job well done. Seriously, I have to rinse my feet when I get home, or it's not fair to my wife.
Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elskampo