[FROG] Health - Additional Custom HP, Hunger, Thirst and more!

KineticDog

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there, I managed to replace the 'Attack' skill formula with the default 'Attack' formula config in this plugin. After watching a round of execution of the skill, I found there's something weird. It seems the enemy is hit twice.
I can confirm that the damage is dealt once, but enemy portrait flashes twice and the sound of enemy damage is played twice. I would like to know what's reason causing this problem

KtheNerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Frogboy,

I think I might be missing something but how do you call the value of the hp (hunger/thirst/etc)?
In the help section it says to do this:

HEALTH GETHP [actorId] [abbreviation] [variableId]

So for example:

HEALTH GETHP [1] [hunger] [???]

Where do I get the variable ID from? There's nowhere to manually input it in the parameters as far as I can tell, so is there a way to assign that value to a variable outside of the plugin?

Also, do we need the brackets [ ] for it to work?

Thank you!

charisma6

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Frogboy,

I think I might be missing something but how do you call the value of the hp (hunger/thirst/etc)?
In the help section it says to do this:

In case you haven't already figured it out on your own in the last month, yes, the only way to call the value of an hp seems to be to tie it to a variable using HEALTH GETHP (and then use the variable for conditionals etc). In that case, you do the plugin command as listed, without the brackets:

HEALTH GETHP 1 hunger 1

In this example, the first "1" is the number of the actor whose hp you want to call. "hunger" is the abbreviation of the hp parameter that you define in the plugin settings. The second "1" is the number of the variable you're tying to the hp value; change it to whichever number you're actually using. Just this command will set the desired variable # to the current value of the hunger hp. Hope this helped.

@Frogboy:

Amazing plugin! It works absolutely perfectly for what I needed in my game, and it looks beautiful and even offers more flexible functionality as opposed to the janky, variable-based approach I was taking before.

I just have one question, in case you drop by this thread sometime:

In the plugin settings, we're able to set descriptions for each hp value. That's wonderful, but I'm a bit lost as to where or how that description shows up/is displayed while playing the actual game. I thought it might be a hover tooltip in the status menu or something, but I guess not.

To be clear, I'm not requesting that functionality, since it seems like you have better things to do than keep updating a finished (and beautiful!) plugin. I'm just wondering what the intended use of the descriptions was.

charisma6

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, I do have a thought on functionality: it would be really nice to be able to modify hp values by variables in addition to flat values.

So, something like:

HEALTH SETHP 1 food \v[101]

Last edited:

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I ask if the abbreviation in health config can only be food, water, rest, oxygen, psyche and temp?

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can I ask if the abbreviation in health config can only be food, water, rest, oxygen, psyche and temp?

i think you can add anything you want,like Radiation Resistance,Armor,Barrier and more

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i think you can add anything you want,like Radiation Resistance,Armor,Barrier and more
It seems that only six of them can be displayed. I tried other abbreviations. It seems that none of them works. I can only keep the six abbreviations and change the name to use

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can define whatever you want for your custom health attributes. These are just the ones I use for example to give you an idea of what you might want to do with them. You will need to configure other plugin parameters to set up how your battle and maybe status screens look. Six may be the limit of what can be displayed in battle. I don't remember exactly. The maximum number of custom HP attributes is unlimited, though.

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
=
You can define whatever you want for your custom health attributes. These are just the ones I use for example to give you an idea of what you might want to do with them. You will need to configure other plugin parameters to set up how your battle and maybe status screens look. Six may be the limit of what can be displayed in battle. I don't remember exactly. The maximum number of custom HP attributes is unlimited, though.
Yes, I'm learning. For me, your plug-in is the most complicated one I've ever seen to set up, but it's a very good plug-in. If I have any questions, I'll ask you again

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
... your plug-in is the most complicated one I've ever seen to set up ...

Haha! This was probably the most complicated plugin I've released. By the time I made it half way through writing it, I was like "What did I get myself into here?". Needless to say, messing with something as low level as HP was challenging to say the least. After writing my follow up to this one, I realized that I needed a better way ... which is coincidentally what I'm working on now.

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to translate your plug-in into Chinese language. I won't change the author's name. I will only modify the (* @ param and * @ DESC) in it. It will be easier for learners to understand (for people like me who are poor in English). I also want to share the translated one with another RPG maker I will attach your website to the exchange website. I also indicate that the author is you. Do you agree or not?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to translate your plug-in into Chinese language ...

Yes, I give you permission to translate and share this plugin. My only stipulations are that you leave me in as the author as you indicated and that you do not sell it. You can put your name as the translator if you would like to.

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I give you permission to translate and share this plugin. My only stipulations are that you leave me in as the author as you indicated and that you do not sell it. You can put your name as the translator if you would like to.
I made an error two days ago after translation, and then I saw your reply. After I agreed to authorize me, I tried again. As a result, the error disappeared. I can't help crying or laughing. If I meet you later, I will tell you. I modified the introduction in your plug-in and added your website in the front, so that you can easily find the author and the author if you encounter problems Write other plug-ins, I hope your other plug-ins can also add your website.

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, if I didn't say it just now, it may not be possible to modify the one after * @ param. I should modify the one after * @ desc without error

Attachments

• 错误.png
    错误.png
    294.5 KB · Views: 10

Behastie

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey @Frogboy, great plugin for health bar displays. Really enjoying it. I'm running across the same issue as above assigning a special health value to a variable. I am trying to check my party leader's mental state during combat using this script in a common event called at turn end.

Code:
HEALTH GETHP 1 despair 2

I'm getting the following error and the value for Variable 2 (Despair) is not getting updated. Is this the best way to assign one of the special health variables to an RPGMMV variable?

Code:
YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:1541 SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier
    at Game_Interpreter.command355 (YEP_CoreEngine.js:1857)
    at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8930)
    at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8838)
    at Game_Interpreter.updateChild (rpg_objects.js:8849)
    at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8832)
    at Game_Troop.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:5226)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateEventMain (rpg_managers.js:2281)
    at Function.BattleManager.updateEvent (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1940)
    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (FROG_Health.js:2857)
    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2257)

Nevermind! Fixed litterally seconds later (after hours of troubleshooting). I was using
Script: GETHP 1 despair 2
instead of

Plugin Command: GETHP 1 despair 2

Leaving my failures here for future generations to learn from.

Last edited:

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Still praying that your DND style plugins (Health, Race, etc) sees the light of day in MZ <3

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They're coming. I can't say how long it'll be because they won't be coming piecemeal in the form of individual plugins like before. I'm taking a new approach this time around because I'll never be able to re-implement all of my existing plugins and all of the ones I didn't get around to making, not to mention the ones that were just straight-up not possible. If I'm ever going to be able to make the games I want to make, I have to do things differently. But I am hard at work on it right now so stay tuned. I'll put it out there when it's ready.

Thanks for the support! I appreciate it.

MichaelRIR

Niakat on Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Frog, I think I already told you this via PM, but I'm working on a game that I think would work really with your plugins from the past. If I can help in some way, bounce ideas off of when it comes to porting the plugins, tell you about my project to spark ideas, any of that... I'm in.

You can find me in a lot of the RPGM discords as Niakat.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sweet! I pretty much just hang out here but feel free to PM me with anything you want to share about your project or what you want to achieve. I'll see what I can do about adding it in. My primary goal at the moment is to develop the things I need to make the game I've been wanting to make but I'm always down to hear good ideas, especially ones that might fit in my game as well. But even when get to that point, I'll still want to expand my work past that point so anything is game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janekste