[FROG] Signature Skill and Battle Commands v2.1

DawnStar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, first of all I want to thank you for this excellent plugin, it is just what I needed for my game. I don't know if this is still mantained, but I seem to have found a small bug with the Help Window sometimes not being hidden after the Defend command is selected.
To reproduce, Add a signature Skill to the first actor (or the fastest one to act), enter a battle, then make that actor use the signature skill and have everyone else defend. The Help window will persist across the battle animations (no text displayed) and over the battle log. Selecting Attack or other skills doesn't seem to cause this issue.

Attachments

• defend_signature_skill_problem.jpg
    defend_signature_skill_problem.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 5

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
... but I seem to have found a small bug ...

I didn't test it but I think this will fix the issue. Try adding this block of code to the plugin and see if it works.

JavaScript:
var aliasCommandGuard = Scene_Battle.prototype.commandGuard;
Scene_Battle.prototype.commandGuard = function() {
    aliasCommandGuard.call(this);
    this._helpWindow.hide();
};

DawnStar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try adding this block of code to the plugin and see if it works.
Thank you! The code you posted does hide the Help Window, though for some reason it stays hidden for the rest of the battle and doesn't show up again.
However, it gave me a huge hint on how to fix it, and after a bit of snooping around the core scripts I think I found a solution.
JavaScript:
    var aliasEndCommandSelection = Scene_Battle.prototype.endCommandSelection;
    Scene_Battle.prototype.endCommandSelection = function () {
        aliasEndCommandSelection.call(this);
        this._helpWindow.hide();
    }
This seems to fix the issue, the window is hidden after all commands are selected and reappears on the next turn.
Again thank you very much for your help, I'm still learning JS and your code has helped me figure out a lot.

Last edited:

DawnStar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frogboy
I found that when right click or X was pressed to cancel the Actor command menu and return to the Party command menu (the one with Fight/Escape), the help window also persisted, so I also added:
JavaScript:
var aliasStartPartyCommandSelection = Scene_Battle.prototype.startPartyCommandSelection;
Scene_Battle.prototype.startPartyCommandSelection = function () {
    aliasStartPartyCommandSelection.call(this);
    this._helpWindow.hide();
    }
I hope you don't mind me tinkering with your code so much. I checked out other command plugins like Bobstah's, which is great but yours suits me best for its simple yet powerful design.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I hope you don't mind me tinkering with your code so much.

Heck no! Do whatever you need to make it work however you need. I'll try to get around to updating my copy to correct these issues.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpw5280