[FROG] Talent Core - A D&D like Skill system and/or character building system!

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Frogboy, Mar 6, 2018.

1. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @XPComrade No, this would not. It is written in javascript for MV. XP uses a different programming language.

Frogboy likes this.
  2. Crazyandconfused

Crazyandconfused Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    This plugin its AMAZING!! but, sadly I am not smart enough to make it work properly...so, here we go...
    I tried to test a skill check with a simple Lockpicking Test. I followed the steps, even copy an example in which you replace the pluging command with a script code, the problem is...even if my character failed the check, the chest still opens! no matter what the result is.
    How do I fix this?

3. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Crazyandconfused
    It's hard to say without some screenshots. Perhaps you're not setting the default variable for your Talent checks to the one you're checking to see of the test passed or failed. The default in the plugin may be different from the one I use for the demo. I'd start there. Check to see which variable is being set in the plugin parameters and also when pressing F9 after doing the check. Make sure that lines up with the variable you are checking to determine pass/fail.

And thanks! I appreciate the complement. :)

4. Crazyandconfused

Crazyandconfused Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    ok here is the screen shot of the chest event....but is entirely a copy of the one you posted before...I even created the same variable number as you.
    [​IMG]
    Im also having some issues with one of your other amazing plugins, the Health Core. When I turn it on, and go to combat, and my actors received damage, the damage value in not registered, instead it goes from full health to empty and this letters appeared "NaN".
    Same happened to monsters, when actors damage then, they dont received damage at all. On top of that, in the battle screen, after the first battle, (and this happened too with the Talents Plugin) the actor faces are not visible anymore, they just disappeared for no reason.
    I hope you can help me.[​IMG] I would love to send more screenshots, but the server says they are too big or something...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. ArkhamVI

ArkhamVI Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I gave it a shot and it worked. Now, I have another question and this is regarding the plugin itself. Here, I have a certain talent that I've labeled as 'VIT' and have it set the Starting ranks to '5':
    Program Problem 1.png
    [​IMG]

But when I test run the game, it gives me this:
    [​IMG]
    Program Problem 2.png

What's going on?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  6. Frogboy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Crazyandconfused
    I just got back from vacation and didn't really have time to look at this yet. I'll try to do that soon. With the sheer amount of failure the plugin is experiencing, though, it might be a conflict with another plugin, missing the FROG Core plugin or maybe an RPG Maker version issue if you're using one that's older than 1.5 or this 1.6.2 that I've heard some devs were auto-updated to on Steam but don't appear to be available for us who run the desktop version.

@ArkhamVI
    I can only see two of your four images for some reason so I don't have as clear a picture of the issue as you intended. If you're starting a brand new game and getting this, I'm thinking that maybe you have a Class or Race setting that's bumping this up an extra two. Maybe the default plugin parameters did this by referring to the same ID and needs cleared out or something. Maybe there's a test event that's manually adding two to this Talent. I can't really think of a reason why the plugin itself would miscalculate the value as it just takes in what you give it. But there's a good number of options to control these values so it's likely that something you're not aware of or forgot about is bumping this particular value up a couple.

7. miragewolf

miragewolf Villager Member

First Language:
    Traditional Chi
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This plugin is amazing, it works well implementing multiclass too.
    I'm curious, can I make a skilled hidden from a class be learned through NPC tutoring (event) like Might and magic where you pay NPC to teach you skills? Also can you assigned points to actors before they join, so they get a pre-made built right away?

8. Frogboy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @miragewolf
    I think so. By turning on Save Talents Object, all of the plugin parameters are stored with the save game which means that you can change these on-the-fly. I don't remember off the top of my head but if you can set a talent invisible to an individual actor, you should be able to change that value in the game with a line of JavaScript to change it from visible false to true.

The plugin commands and script calls that allow you to set, add and remove ranks and points should allow you to set up a character before they join the party. You could probably also configure the auto-distribution and then just turn that off when they join. There's no built in command for this (like turning visible on and off) so you'll have to find the property with the plugin parameters json object to set it.

miragewolf likes this.
  9. Blueworx

Blueworx Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Frogboy, thanks for this amazing plugin! But replace the plugin-call REMRANKS in your github documentation with REMOVERANKS - REMRANKS doesn't do anything- that took me a while to figure out.

Frogboy likes this.
  10. anjasa

anjasa Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh wow, good to know! I have a few events to fix :)

Frogboy likes this.
  11. Frogboy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Blueworx
    Nice catch! I will update that as soon as I can. Thanks!

anjasa likes this.
  12. DenRebrov

DenRebrov :) Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hi FrogBoy!

In my project I use your plugin "FrogTalentCore", but there is a slight drawback (in my humble opinion). Inability to set bonuses / penalties for the class.
    Yes, it is possible to set bonuses / penalties in the "Actor Configuration" section, but then, after checking the talent, the actors lose all the bonuses / penalties that we specified in the "Actor Configuration" section.

Can you refine your masterpiece, given my request?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  13. DenRebrov

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    And the second point.
    I'm trying to run the latest version of this plugin (1.3.2), but I get an error when launching a game of the following nature

__________________________________________________________________________________

I figured it out, I changed the name of the plugin, and therefore an error occurred.
    Question cleared

Attached Files:

14. DenRebrov

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Dear FrogBoy, one more moment.

When we impose on the enemy (not actors) a status with a fine to talent, for example, “<TalentBonus: -5 lead>”, then when this status ends, this penalty remains, although the status of the enemy should return to its original state without this penalty.

Can you fix this in the plugin?

15. LilKnockerOut

LilKnockerOut Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have a quick question, is there a technique or a command that can store the talent scores as variables?

16. anjasa

anjasa Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know if this is what you're looking for but this is one of the events in the demo:

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/b2cc4ce08834f4b2d3b9b235835a2ef3

17. DenRebrov

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Another important little thing, Frogo

When using items with restoration of health/mana on an actor with full health/mana, they are used on it, although they should not.

If you comment out this section of the code, then items will not be used on the actor with full health/mana.
    Can you fix it somehow?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  18. LilKnockerOut

LilKnockerOut Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I bring this up because, for my game, I was hoping for a way to store the amount of each Talent for each of my Actors so I could display the Talent's amount in the stats menu and can easily change dialogue messages based on what the amount at the point in time was.

19. EAD

EAD Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just wondering. Is there any possibility that there will be a VX ace version of this and/or Race Core v2.0?

20. Almightypebble

Almightypebble Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, just wanted to ask if it is be possible to change the text color of the talents?
    I tried using the \C[x] on the talent names but it doesn't seem to work.