[FROG] Talent Core - A D&D like Skill system and/or character building system!

nekatu

Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loving the power and simplicity of the plugin... Amazing work, @Frogboy!

I'm currently working on a Fate Core implementation in RMMV and very much seeing this as the heart of my skills systems.

Just wondering if there's scope within my meagre javascript knowledge to adapt this to a skills pyramid; essentially capping the max you can apply to any one skill based on the values of the others.

So essentially every skill would be 0 and you can level up according to a scale, starting with 20 points that can apply in the order of-
1x 4 point skill
2x 3 point skill
3x 2 point skill
4x 1 point skill

You'd only be able to level up a skill if there a supporting level beneath it, so your next upgrade would be either a 5th 1 point skill, a 4th 2 point skill, a third 3 point skill, or a 2nd 5 point skill, provided you had adequate points.

Has anyone else looked at doing something along these lines?

YankBS

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello Frog, I'm trying to add Icons with \i[x] before talent names, but it isn't working. Can you give me a hand?

LilKnockerOut

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quick question, what is the difference between adding points and getting points?

AcoBaco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Exactly what I was looking for, without even knowing xD Yesterday I talked about building a game with this features as core features... And today I found out about this plugin by accident! :) Good work. I will use that, because since I'm playing Pathfinder just battling and looting is not enough anymore xD

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Love it!

I only have 5 talents, is there a way to create more space between each row in the talent menu?

katyga

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aren’t they good at anything besides killing monsters?

Almightypebble

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I disable the plugin automatically putting the command in the main menu?
I'm using a different plugin that adds icons to commands, but it doesn't work for this one since it's listed twice.

Argentdragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much for this plugin! It's exactly what I was looking for and is super versatile which makes this awesome! Thanks so much!

Almightypebble

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can see in the plugin there is a command for canceling the talent point changes, but I don't see it in the actual menu with the talent list? Is there a way to add it as a command instead of having only finish when I'm done with the points?

malonkey1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can see in the plugin there is a command for canceling the talent point changes, but I don't see it in the actual menu with the talent list? Is there a way to add it as a command instead of having only finish when I'm done with the points?
I think that command might actually be triggered by the "cancel" button (as in, the one bound in the controls).

Almightypebble

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that command might actually be triggered by the "cancel" button (as in, the one bound in the controls).
Yes, I know but I would like to have it as a command next to finish as I'm trying to make my game mobile friendly. Guess it's not a part of the plugin. If not that I wish there was at least a Revert option like in every other stat allocation plugin.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xCanopus