[FROG] Talent Core - A D&D like Skill system and/or character building system!

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this is an excellent plugin, but I can't seem to make it work properly. I tried a few of the plugin commands listed in the documentation, and they don't do anything. Setting ranks, getting rank data, etc.

I put in TALENT GETSCORE [3] [swords] [1] in the plugin command, but it didn't store the data to the variable. I also only have Frog Core and Talent Core enabled in the plugins.

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had the same problem try without []
Code:
TALENT GETSCORE 3 swords 1

EmeraldDemnia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just stumbled upon this plugin and figured it was exactly what I needed without even knowing it. I ran a tabletop RPG which I created myself in the past on an online forum. I have been figuring for a few years what to do with that huge rulebook I created and all the great stories we played there with all our members. Then my eyes locked on this marvelous plugin. This puzzle just laid itself.
Outstanding, brilliant, genius.... no there are no words for this in human language :kaoluv:

It seems @Frogboy hasn't been responding to this for a while. But maybe anyone else could help.
I've been reading through the plugin helpfile and this thread for a few hours now but it seems nobody else asked this question.

If I were to have players pay more then 1 point to raise a rank, how would I do that?
Let's stay in de dnd vibe here, say I was playing 2nd edition and I would want a rogue to be able to learn the appraisal skill (which costs 2 points there). How would I go about that?

Also, I've seen some people asking how to hide talents until they are learned/bought. It may be a bit late by now for this answer, but how about this:

Create all such talents twice, hidden. Let's name them Lockpick and Lockpickshadow for now. In the Lockpick talent go to 'Synergy requirement' and set it to require 1 point in Lockpickshadow.
Now when the talent is learned in any way raise the Lockpickshadow talent by one and Lockpick should henceforth be visible to that actor, while lockpickshadow remains to be hidden to the player.

To have the lockpick talent have default settings, but no working ranking before learning it (meaning it has class and maybe race ranks while being invissible). Let the game check lockpickshadow to be 1 before allowing a lockpick check.

Last edited:

kwanzaabot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cannot for the life of me get these skill checks to work.
I have:

TALENT CHECK aid:v[6] abbr:perc target:10 <--- this is my plugin command, variable 6 is the party leader, perc is my "perception" talent

If Last Check Variable >= 10
(success dialogue goes here)

Else
(failure dialogue goes here)

....but no matter how I arrange the conditions, the result seems totally unrelated to the condition. I get failure dialogue even when I get a 16 or 18, and if I try to add MORE conditions within that (eg a Natural 20, a critical failure at 0 etc), it doesn't trigger at all.

kwanzaabot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cannot for the life of me get these skill checks to work.
I have:

TALENT CHECK aid:v[6] abbr:perc target:10 <--- this is my plugin command, variable 6 is the party leader, perc is my "perception" talent

If Last Check Variable >= 10
(success dialogue goes here)

Else
(failure dialogue goes here)

....but no matter how I arrange the conditions, the result seems totally unrelated to the condition. I get failure dialogue even when I get a 16 or 18, and if I try to add MORE conditions within that (eg a Natural 20, a critical failure at 0 etc), it doesn't trigger at all.
Bumping this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Exhaustion sickness hitting me again near deadline whyyyy (sobs)
thats it, i 've had it, I will NOT promote my game as a "retro RPG" when its done, i have in the past but it is literally the first thing on every rpg maker game description to the point that you'd think the sales pitch came with the RTP. I refuse to use that angle.
My memory is embellishing the quality of NES era game assets :/ .... I need to stop comparing my work to somthing that was groundbreaking decades ago. Especially since its not as good as I seem to keep remembering it to be.
I finally found something that pleased me to organize my tasks. :)
I am thinking about redoing my portfolio video...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spoonmaster12