[FROG] Talent Core - A D&D like Skill system and/or character building system!

raMasters

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured out a way to do it, because I'm not using HP / MP as battle stats, so I was able to set the HP as the alignment stat! I've also found a way to update the basic stats with the talent core stats. I'm really excited about that!

EmeraldDemnia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I figured out a way to do it, because I'm not using HP / MP as battle stats, so I was able to set the HP as the alignment stat! I've also found a way to update the basic stats with the talent core stats. I'm really excited about that!
I'm not sure this'll work, but just a hunch as you want it in a seperate section.
Try installing it twice under different names. You can add points for the one you want addable points and grant no points to distribute on the other one. That way you can have your players raise some skills manually and others not. There may be a conflict though I haven't tried it.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure this'll work, but just a hunch as you want it in a seperate section.
Try installing it twice under different names. You can add points for the one you want addable points and grant no points to distribute on the other one. That way you can have your players raise some skills manually and others not. There may be a conflict though I haven't tried it.
The code for parsing parameters and adding plugin commands may have the plugin name hardcoded in, in which case that'll need to be changed for the renamed version as well. Theoretically this is a viable option though.

EmeraldDemnia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The code for parsing parameters and adding plugin commands may have the plugin name hardcoded in, in which case that'll need to be changed for the renamed version as well. Theoretically this is a viable option though.

Yeah I figured the script needed tweeking as well probably. Scripting is not my lane, but with a little effort people like me should be able to adjust such function names at the least. Just a slight understanding of how codes works should be enough.

raMasters

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've not had any issues yet in testing. Every time there's an alignment change, I run the following common event:

Code:
Plugin Command: TALENT GETSCORE 1 alignment 32
Change HP: -99
Change HP: +/v[32] (Player's Alignment)
Change HP: -1

(Had to do it a little roundabout since characters can't go down to 0 HP.) Players HP is set at 100 as they level, and HP isn't damaged in any other section in my game, so I'm not sure this would be helpful to anyone else, but it's a perfect workaround for me so far!

lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ADORE this plugin, but I've run into an issue! I'm using VE's Single Actor plugin, and the talent system doesn't work with it -- at least, it won't work on the menu. It just won't enter the Talent section as long as the Single Actor plugin is active. I'm not sure which creator to ask about that, but I would love to get them both working together!

miragewolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Traditional Chi
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I think the talent plugin has some kind of compatibility issue with Yanfly’s auto passive bonus plugin. RM default system would recognize the learned skill and use it in combat, but
<Custom Passive Condition> if user.isLearnedSkill() {
type of scripts wouldn't recognize the learned skills from the talent plugin.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try hasSkill instead of isLearnedSkill.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi frog
can you add icons to the left of each talent names?

pjstanley

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you Frog for this wonderful plugin!

I'm using FOSSIL to run this in MZ and it runs perfectly. Only issue I've found is that the mobile back button is visible during skill checks, so players can 'undo' a check and repeat it over and over. I can disable the back button permanently to stop this, but I was wondering if there's a way it can be disabled only during the skill checks?

GODOG

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just have a quick question since I'm not sure if it actually addresses this in the plugin: Is there a way to set conditional modifiers? It outlines the example of a check getting a malus for it being dark in the help file, but how would I have that modifier changed or removed when it becomes day time? I don't see a way to add a variable as a modifier in the Plugin Command.

miragewolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Traditional Chi
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, is it possible to refer to multiple abbrev with a single talent?
For example, ranger rogue and monk would have evasion talent. Rather than make 3 evasion talent for each class, simply use 3 abbrev in the evasion talent level instead. I've tried ; , & + and space but none of the symbols work.

miragewolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Traditional Chi
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I've noticed if changing character classes through MV default commands or Yanfly's class change plugin would give infinite talent points if using talentcore only, either have save talent object as on or off do not change the result.

The versions for plugs are core 1.0, talentcore 1.2, talentbasedtrait 1.2.

The default save level button when changing a job may help if all classes are the same levels. Still wouldn't work with Yan's class change, would gain extra talent points just by view other classes.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura1999