Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I was wondering isthmus a script or somthing so I can make an ARPG (action RPG) I was think for my next game it would be cool do do somthing a little diffrent with a combat system a littel like Baldours gate or the Lego Star Wars games? I mean I have a colon JRPG (japaniese style RPG) but my next game will really lend it's self tonal ARPG style.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a plugin request, not a resource presentation.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

What you're asking for is called ABS (Action Battle System) in our community, and as far as I know there is none yet for MV.

ABS Scripts/Plugins are (if you want more than the simplest options) among the most complex scripts to write - for the previous maker, Ace, there were four or five different ones after four years of community development. MV has been out for only a few months.

I think there are one or two ABS in development, but I don't know their status or how many more months they'll need.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep.  Just keep looking for ABS systems here and elsewhere (for example you could google: ABS "RPG Maker MV").  Right now there aren't any such plugins available, but in time there will surely be some good ones (VX Ace, having been out for years now, already has several good ABSs).  Just be aware that it will still be 2D action (probably like old-school Zelda games or Secret of Mana or perhaps Super Smash Bros.), not isometric 3D action like Baldur's Gate.

If you want to work with a scripter to make such a system for your game you could try posting exactly what you need in Plugin Requests, but given the months (or even years) it can take to develop a full ABS plugin, you will most likely need to recruit a talented scripter to your team first, or post a paid Commission in the Commisions - Requests subforum (and note that the expected price would probably be between $200 and $1500 USD).

Last edited by a moderator:

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I understand that it will be more like Zelda but the idea is the same I got some cool,mideas fir it I just need a storlyline now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?
Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LXRDFLXRVL