Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I was wondering isthmus a script or somthing so I can make an ARPG (action RPG) I was think for my next game it would be cool do do somthing a little diffrent with a combat system a littel like Baldours gate or the Lego Star Wars games? I mean I have a colon JRPG (japaniese style RPG) but my next game will really lend it's self tonal ARPG style.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a plugin request, not a resource presentation.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

What you're asking for is called ABS (Action Battle System) in our community, and as far as I know there is none yet for MV.

ABS Scripts/Plugins are (if you want more than the simplest options) among the most complex scripts to write - for the previous maker, Ace, there were four or five different ones after four years of community development. MV has been out for only a few months.

I think there are one or two ABS in development, but I don't know their status or how many more months they'll need.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep.  Just keep looking for ABS systems here and elsewhere (for example you could google: ABS "RPG Maker MV").  Right now there aren't any such plugins available, but in time there will surely be some good ones (VX Ace, having been out for years now, already has several good ABSs).  Just be aware that it will still be 2D action (probably like old-school Zelda games or Secret of Mana or perhaps Super Smash Bros.), not isometric 3D action like Baldur's Gate.

If you want to work with a scripter to make such a system for your game you could try posting exactly what you need in Plugin Requests, but given the months (or even years) it can take to develop a full ABS plugin, you will most likely need to recruit a talented scripter to your team first, or post a paid Commission in the Commisions - Requests subforum (and note that the expected price would probably be between $200 and $1500 USD).

Last edited by a moderator:

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I understand that it will be more like Zelda but the idea is the same I got some cool,mideas fir it I just need a storlyline now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gumi16