RMMV Front View Enemy Attack (Skill) Animation?

Sharon

AmetrineDragon
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know if there's a plugin for enemy attacks in front view battles. I was SO SURE there was one for this exact thing but I can't seem to find it. Basically this would be similair to the actor attacks but than an animation plays whenever an enemy attacks. Or maybe this can be done without a plugin and I'm overlooking it. site1.png
It would look the same as this but it would be an enemy doing the attack.

Last edited:

Sharon

AmetrineDragon
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems you can do something like this if you play a common event in the effect section but I asume this would be hard for troops with more than 1 enemy since the game wouldn't know which enemy is attacking.

Sharon

AmetrineDragon
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oops this comment wasn't correct my bad. It only displays the basic "Skill" animation nothing else. :/

The Row

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Not sure if I really get what you mean, but if you want to have an enemy do an attack and play a custom animation, simply give them a new skill with its own animation.
As in instead of having the enemy use "01:Attack" have them use "XX:Enemy Attack" and asign it a custom animation. IE, Instead of having Attack->play animation->Normal attack, you have EnemyAttack->PlayAnimation->EnemyAttack

If you want to go above and beyond, with animations on the sprites and everything else, there is always the yanfly dragonbone plugin, but I think that is a bit more than what you are looking for.

Sharon

AmetrineDragon
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if I really get what you mean, but if you want to have an enemy do an attack and play a custom animation, simply give them a new skill with its own animation.
As in instead of having the enemy use "01:Attack" have them use "XX:Enemy Attack" and asign it a custom animation. IE, Instead of having Attack->play animation->Normal attack, you have EnemyAttack->PlayAnimation->EnemyAttack

If you want to go above and beyond, with animations on the sprites and everything else, there is always the yanfly dragonbone plugin, but I think that is a bit more than what you are looking for.
Yup, I tried this very thing but it only shows the "basic skill summon" animation and sound effect of the "right" animation just not the animation itself.

Sharon

AmetrineDragon
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Maybe a better way to describe what I want would be "I want to change the basic skill summoning animation for different types of attacks". :)

Last edited:

NotADev

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added this functionality to a project of my own so I have cherry picked the functionality from there and put it into a small plugin for you. (I think this is what you need...)

Front View Enemy Animations Plugin (MV)
Fairly simple to use, just add <enemyAnimId:X> to the skill and replace X with the ID of the animation you want to show. Here's an example:
Enemy-Anim-Example.png

When a player character uses the 'Frizz' skill it will show the animation 'Unarmed Hit 2' but when an enemy uses the skill it will play the 4th animation: 'Fire Spell 1'

* free to use/modify for commercial/non-commercial projects.
Credit to NotADev is appreciated, reposting of this plugin is fine too!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...
Guarii wrote on TSR's profile.
I want to create a OneShot style inventory. Without having the weapons and armor sections. Just the items. How can I do this?
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amaginus