xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Somehow some of my monsters have gone from Side-view to Front-view and its happened with some of my boss images. I'm not sure how this happened but obviously I clicked into my sv folder and copied all the Side-view images in there to fix the issue. But it seems that didn't work and the images didn't change at all. So now some of my bosses are literally facing the opposite direction away from the party which is kinda hilarious but seriously needs to be fixed.......:rswt

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are two folders for enemies, enemies and sv_enemies.
if you switch between viewpointa both folders need pictures in the same name - either identical (default) or in similar different views (that was the original intention I suppose).

if some of your enemies are missing on switching viewpoints, you'll need to leave the editor and copy those before starting the editor again.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So now some of my bosses are literally facing the opposite direction away from the party
That doesn't sound like a front/side view issue. If you look at the actual image for the monster, in your database and in the file in your project folder, what does it look like? It sounds like you accidentally put in a plugin that's flipping the images.

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That doesn't sound like a front/side view issue. If you look at the actual image for the monster, in your database and in the file in your project folder, what does it look like? It sounds like you accidentally put in a plugin that's flipping the images.
Strange. I never thought that a plug-in would be the culprit. I don’t know much about using them either. I’ve never used them really because I don’t understand how to even add them!

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...well, if you haven't added any plugins, that obviously can't be the problem. I dunno what to tell you, files on your computer don't really spontaneously change themselves :stickytongue:

Make a new project and copy the contents of the enemies and sv_enemies folders to the relevant locations in your project.

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...well, if you haven't added any plugins, that obviously can't be the problem. I dunno what to tell you, files on your computer don't really spontaneously change themselves :stickytongue:

Make a new project and copy the contents of the enemies and sv_enemies folders to the relevant locations in your project.
It's definitely my fault!:rswt But I second this idea because I was going to try doing that as a last resort.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was going to try doing that as a last resort.
Why? Had you made edits to the images that you wanted to preserve? If not, there's no reason it can't be a first resort (after figuring out how you managed to do it in the first place).

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I
Why? Had you made edits to the images that you wanted to preserve? If not, there's no reason it can't be a first resort (after figuring out how you managed to do it in the first place).
I just wanted to try some other things first but I was able to finally fix it. Thank you!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJP623