Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Looking for someone or be referred to someone that might be willing to tackle this plugin request!

Basically what I'm looking for is a plugin to pair with Octopack as it doesn't come with a front view battle UI, instead relying on the default (unfortunate as the Octo interface is superb). What I'm hoping is possible would be something like Mog Hunter's 6 member front view UI (pic attached for reference):
  • Keep the turn order gauge of Octo, but allows for the use of custom PNGs to display borders and unit frame backgrounds and such (note the top and bottom overlay, as well as the party members, and command selection).
  • Party members would be represented as their walkabout sprites in the status windows layered with 3 on top and 3 on the bottom located at the bottom of the screen (similar to what's seen in the pic).
  • A small command selection box like the one shown in the example image is preferred, along with the unit frame lighting up based on whose turn it is.
  • There would need to be room in the unit frames to display status effects on party members via icons.
  • A skill selection box with a help window for descriptions will be needed, but I'd like to be able to select all monsters and friendly characters on screen with a cursor rather than with the clunky box selection of default MV.
  • The target point for player party members would be the sprite within the unit frame to display enemy attack animations.
A super early WIP build of the project will be provided for testing purposes (making sure all plugins play nice).

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Clyve : Paid commissions are allowed, you are just a little short the requirement for them at the moment. For now you can request it without rates though and see if someone can do it for free. I think if you give it a week you'll probably hit the requirements as you are very close to them.

Clyve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alrighty, where can I find the requirements? This is a fair amount of work I'm sure, and as such there's no way I'd ask someone to do this for free.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll post them here. 30 meaningful posts (you just hit that with your reply to me), you need to denote what engine you primarily use on your profile (not really a requirement, but the system sometimes has issues if you don't), then give it 24 hours.

So really in 24 hours or so you should be able to access it and post it there.

Clyve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okie dokie, fixed that. Do I need to kill and repost this thread? It's just as well should I need to, since I need to clarify things a bit further.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Eh, I'd leave it for now, just edit the first post to remove references to paid as you never know, someone may take you up on it. Then give the system 24 hours to recognize that you meet the requirements and see if you can post the paid version in classifieds too.

And if it doesn't promote you from member to veteran (that's what you need to be to be able to see classifieds, it has to move you to veteran) by this time tomorrow PM a moderator so we know it didn't fix it.

Clyve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it, will do. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD
<-- Meet Seith. He begins the story as an apprentice druid, learning to survive in the wilderness by communing with nature and honing his herbalism. Seith has a deep desire to understand the world around him. When wells of chaotic energy begin erupting from the land,corrupting plant, animal and man alike, Seith finds himself on a journey to discover just what this means for the fate of his home, the land of Myarr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998