Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
product-frontier-works-futuristic.png

Looking for a great pack of futuristic characters? We've got you covered!

Frontier Works presents Futuristic Heroes and BGM pack. This fabulous new pack contains 16 brand new characters, complete with matching character sprites, battlers, portraits and facesets. This pack also includes 16 BGM themes, a fantastic addition to any futuristic-themed game.

About Frontier Works Inc.
Frontier Works is a company that was founded by ANIMATE, one of the most famous animation goods shops in Japan.
Centered around the production of animated films, Frontier Works is in charge of planning and production of animation-related music CD's, editing and publication of magazines, trading card games, photo books and voice acting for game radio shows.

To read more details, click here.

Member+, don't forget your 7$ discount! Click here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm, weridest enemy I ever encountered?

I think it would have to be the weird displacer beast dog things on ff7. I mean, I thought they were really sorta cute when I first started playing and totally wanted to own one... but then they had that thing they did in battle that reminded me far too much of a dog going at someones leg. Creped me right out (I don't like when dogs do that ok?). I mean, why did they have to make an enemy that did that, though, kudos on the the whole squicking and scaring characters for life after that. lol.

My other favourite weird battlers in rpg games (though I can't for the life of me remember which rpg it was in), was the Urns that healed you. I mean, epic. I used to love going against them, free healing all round. It was almost a shame to have to kill them for xp. lol.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Frontier Works huh? The anime people? That's so awesome! It looks really professional too, I'm impressed. I love the character packs we've been getting lately, I hope there will be lots more in the future.

Hmm, I'd say the strangest boss that I've encountered was that octopus, Ultros, from Final Fantasy 6. The other non-humans that exist in the world are considered strange and have an established race they belong to but I think Ultros was the first sentient non-human in the game. There's just suddenly this big octopus hitting on the girls in my party and trying to kill us. It was so random and didn't fit in with the rest of the world at all and he never got any sort of explanation that would make him fit any better. Even his dialogue was at odds with the mood of the game. He felt like a character that popped into existence just for the fight and disappeared from the entire world the same way. I can't remember there even being stories about him told by the locals. Obviously I hated that fight. It was just so dumb!

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome: I remember those urns! I think they were in Final Fantasy 6 as well.

Chaneque

Prince of Strange Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Weirdest enemy? Everything I've ever run into in Persona, particularly the Arcana Hierophant from Persona 3. I find something really, really strange about it. It's just so weird watching this headless thing stroke a fat thing. I find plenty weird enemies in Persona, but that was the one that I found the strangest and it creeped me out a little. I'm not usually creeped out by enemies since I've seen it all, but hell, that was scary.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Urrgg... I'd never use it, I know I wouldn't as I don't even like to play science fiction games most of the time, let alone work on one... but then again most of the characters here are actually vague enough that they could probably fit in in a non-futuristic setting as well, or maybe I'm just way to easily tempted.

Hmm, weirdest enemy ever encountered in an rpg. Maybe the dark god in batan katos: origins

(technically not an enemy really but there is a certain point at the game that it is discovered that you the player are supposedly this dark god, and you are given the choice to either consume the mind of the protagonist or allow him to consume you, and I chose the first one and devoured him, so I'm the strangest enemy.)
   And in case that one doesn't really count... I guess... a flan, any flan, those things are just plain creepy and wrong. As for bosses, I'd go with Leblanc from final fantasy 10-2. The pretty dress up class system couldn't even make me feel insecure about playing that game, but she sure did. Just such a messed up character on so many levels, her visage right now would give me nightmares.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sun of a Gun (BOSS) from Chrono Cross

Because seriously, what the hell is it?!? A flying-metallic-magic-monster-sun thing?

He's also one of the biggest troll bosses ever, he mocks your characters and keeps changing expressions at random (using different skills based on every expression change).

He can be happy, sad and angry during the battle...plus he can even kiss your party members! ahahahah!

The first time I fought this thing I didn't even know if I should've been scared or amused...because he was so weird and creepy too! I dunno what Square was thinking when they created it...ahahahah

Another funny and weird thing about him is...that when you defeat him he dies with a scary grin\smile on his face. (wtf?!? The Joker...lol)

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The underpants gnome boss fight in South Park: Stick of Truth, I'm sorry, but that was probably the most weirdest on top of disturbing boss fights.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OMG! This stuff looks very usable even in a non-futuristic game too tbh.

Now, strangest enemy/boss? That'd probably be (I haven't seen many) the final boss of FF13. A curious name, a curious face (?!) and body. One wonders how it even exists, sometimes.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Those new portraits look gorgeous!

The weirdest boss? I'd say it would be the Master from Fallout 1.

themaster_311x264.jpg
When you get to meet him/it, you just don't know what you're looking at.

A would-be god trying to create the perfect race, which you can ultimately defeat either by fighting with weapons or using your brain in a logic argument.

DarthVollis

Moogle Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The weirdest boss I have ever encountered would be the giant baby boss in Zombies Ate My Neighbors. What a weird boss! First off it is a baby in a diaper that attacks by dripping milk on you from it's bottle or just stepping on you. To defeat it you must attack it. Weird? Attacking a baby?!

zombies-ate-my-neighbors-giant-baby.jpg

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bought it, and the costume design is fantastic.  I love the dual genders for the Android and Scientists characters.

The weirdest boss I can remember from an RPG I've played is Star Ocean 2, Ten Wise Men.  Though their individual battles were memorable the fights themselves were terribly unbalanced and required you to survive rather than win with a hidden count down timer.

Shelby

Diva
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I don't think it really fits the name, but doesn't really matter to me cause I really like the art, these art packs are really helping fill a desperate void.

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While we can argue for and against each Final Fantasy game, it might be safe to say they have such a wide variety of enemies, many of which are just bizarre.

Still, there's nothing like the Cactuars and Tonberries. But they are so opposite of the spectrum. The Cactuars are annoying and so out of place. The Tonberries, on the other hand, forget about it. I mean, they look so peaceful as they slink about carrying their lanterns, but check out the knife they wield. Talk about your serial killer slasher.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't think it really fits the name, but doesn't really matter to me cause I really like the art, these art packs are really helping fill a desperate void.
Yeah, personally I feel it's a bit more steampunky. One would expect a futuristic pack to be full of aliens and cyborgs and stuff like that, but I don't mind as I love the steampunk genre. I'd say future-fantasy?

EDIT: By the way, if I don't win this, can someone remind me to buy the pack after mid-may? :D

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Steampunk? Did I hear steampunk?! SSSTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weirdest enemy off the top of my head is all of the enemies from the Mother series. There are some that make you chuckle like New Age Retro Hippie & Rock Lobster. Then there is Negative Man & the Happy Happist that make you stop and think what is the game really trying to tell you. Then you have awesome enemies like the Hippo Launcher. Come on it's a hippo that shoots rockets out of it's mouth! That's AWESOME! You're never bored fighting a Mother monster and I always got excited to see the next monster battle.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Weirdest enemy for me was Fantam from breath of fire 4. its a big blob with a nose XD and inside the nose theres a mouth thing :D
and when you kill him he reduces to being this tiny nose thing XD it looks hilarious

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This pack is well worth the money; it'll be a great addition to my modern\science fiction resource library. Will Frontier Works release additional resources in the future?

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Y'know why I'm buying this though? Just for that steampunky sly guy, second-from-top-right :p

Sooooo many game ideas @_@

Alas, will have to parallax for a steampunky game, a pain considering Ace isn't on the Photoshop computer.

Mon Dez

Good Loser
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog/English
Primarily Uses
Man this pack looks like fun to use. I might find some fun ways to use it in a future rpg setting in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has to be Gigyas up to this day from Earthbound. I mean seriously a flipping boss with a creepy form and has things that if the walls could talk then bad things would come out about that guy like no joke.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

hmm one of those days where there's a lot to work on with my game... annnnnd I have no idea what I wanna do. most of it tho, involves drawing lol. either enemies or NPCs.
I'm going back to the default RTP, in the interest of getting it done. FSM is lovely but slow to work with and has tall doors. And switching to tall sprites would mean a lot of franking, and also the horses will be small.
I think I developed a stalker trauma (stalkerfobia?) because of my previous work publishing games on Steam. :(
RIP, MeatLoaf :( Hot patootie, bless his soul, he really loved that rock 'n roll.
Psychronics Games is doing a livestream about my game in a bit... And I will do a video about his game after that.
Watch their stream with us on youtube!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pattymelt