Frustrated trying to get Walker Character battlers to work in MV

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Pancake_funkopop, May 11, 2018.

1. Pancake_funkopop

Pancake_funkopop Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am using Yanflys SV battlers script and that works just fine for SV Actors. But I need help trying to use Walk Character battlers in my game
    I tried victors engine but I can't get it to work. I tried making a walker sprite from character generator formatted by MVs sprite but all I get is blocks and multiple frames popping up at the same time on the battle screen.

The video enclosed It seemed easy enough but when I use it the sprite doesn't appear and all I get is a shadow and no character on the battlefield so I am at a loss it's really put my game on halt so any help from anyone would be appreciated and please take in mind I am new and don't understand alot so dumb it down for me please!

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Shadow and no character sounds like you haven't put the battlers into the correct folder.

3. Pancake_funkopop

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am telling you I did. I tried putting it into the character folder, the enemies folder and it just wont work I tried naming files with $ and ! I read about and it doesnt work so I really need a solution to this

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, you need to show how you've got the plugin setup and how your battlers are set up. We can't help you unless we can see what you've done.

And be a little less aggressive please.

5. Arkaik

Arkaik Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @Pancake_funkopop , SUPER?
    I've used this same plugin and it works like a charm.
    Please, take some screenshots of your plugins and database that we might could see what's the problem.

6. Pancake_funkopop

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will and sorry to Shaz I did not mean to come off as aggressive Ive just been really sad I've had so any roadblocks with my game. just installed new photoshop give me a moment to throw up some photos of whats been going on

7. Pancake_funkopop

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG][/url] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]
    Sorry if there are doubles I had a hard time uploading them
    first photo is the scripts I am using.

the second is the SRDUDE notetags for the character battler I am trying to use

and the third is the end result where all you see is a shadow.

if you need more information please let me know :)

8. Arkaik

Arkaik Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you, please, take a screenshot of the "characters" folder of your project?

9. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Better yet, can you post an image of the sprite you are trying to use? Right now that says to use index 4, which I believe will be the set in the lower left hand corner of the image, assuming your image file is set up with 8 3 x 4 sprites in it.

Arkaik likes this.
  10. Pancake_funkopop

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG][/url] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]
    Sure Let me know if these images work or not I have the sprite sheet, The note tags I used for SRDUDE and my plug in list. if you guys need anything else please let me know ;:)

11. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, but what is in index 4 of jasonvoorhes.png? That is what it is trying to access with the tags you have. If you have no spritesheet with that name, it will not show a battler.

12. Pancake_funkopop

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    index 4 was the sprite I was trying to use on the sheet. From my knowledge if you have a sheet like that it goes from 0-7 he was number 5(4) on there. I tried making a sprite sheet with that character alone on it, no dice. and I tried inserting the sprite onto the MV monster sheet and still does not work.

13. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You don't put it in the monster directory. Put it in the directory it says to use in the video.

Also, note that the way I read this, the tag

<Walk Batter: jasonvoorhes>

Is telling it to access the file jasovoorhes.png, in the characters folder. If that file does not exist, you will get nothing. That's why I asked what is at index 4 on that file.

14. Pancake_funkopop

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just watched the video game he does not say what directory it calls from he just puts in <walk battler: monster> <walker battler index: 1> so i assume he's calling the image from the sprite sheet using the note tag I thought I was doing the same thing I just need to know what I am doing wrong. or just give me a step by step how you do it if I am not receiving the message clearly. And I do appreciate you answering me btw just letting you know

15. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Unfortunately, I don't use that plug-in, as I'm still working on an ACE game, so I'm just going off of how I read the information. But what I see is you need to put the name of the file you want it to use in the <Walk Battler: > notetag. I imagine it would use the characters folder, but if it is different it is probably on the webpage for the plug-in itself.

I'd suggest checking there, and at the same time making an image that is 8 sprites at 3 x 4 and name it jasonvoorhes.png and put it in the characters folder. You can just take an existing file and make a copy of it and name it that (don't get rid of the original!) just to test if it will work if you change the name. Or you can make 8 3 x4 happy faces just to see if something shows up when you have a file with that name.

If that fixes it, then we at least know the cause.

Try it and report if it works. Its really late and I had a long work day so I'm going to get some zzzzz, but will see if I can find out more tomorrow after I've worked on my game for a

16. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1.)
    I read the code inside the plugin, and confirm what bgillisp is saying.
    It will load from the /img/characters folder.

2.)
    Your notetag is "jasonsvorhees"
    In your case it would load img/characters/jasonsvoorhees.png

Are you absolutely sure it is spelled correctly? (with an extra 's' between his first and last name)

3.)
    What version of MV are you using? In the most recent version of the plugin, the author is using features that are only supported by RPG Maker MV version 1.6.0+

4.)
    If all that fails, please press F8 during the battle when the issue occurs to bring up the console. Take a screenshot and post if it says anything.

17. Arkaik

Arkaik Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here is the thing, @Pancake_funkopop - I use the same script and it's everything ok.
    Instead of the <Walker Battler: jasonsvoorhees> put <Walk Battler: enemy> and test it.

18. Pancake_funkopop

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried that and anything else I can think of I took a MV monster sheet and copy and pasted the sprite I wanted in there I used every battler index to see if any monster from the sheet would pop up I even tried making a MV generated character to see if it would work and all I get is just a blank shadow under the name with no sprite on the field. So i am at a loss on how to solve this truly.

19. Arkaik

Arkaik Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So... Desperate measures!
    Upload a demo of your project so far and we'll see what to do.
    Unfoturnely I couldn't help anymore than this. :kaosigh:

20. Pancake_funkopop

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no problem i appreciate your time and where do i send the game demo? put it on here?
    it's pretty big I think it's almost a gig? I did the deployment on the RPG MV menu so I hope I can either just send it to you or post it here. let me know whats best friend :)