FSM: Town of Beginnings Tiles

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

[​IMG]

FSM: Town of Beginnings Tiles is now available for purchase!

First Seed Material tiles are renowned in the RPG Maker communities as a fantastic alternative to the RTP, and now you can own a version for RPG Maker MV! Recreated by the First Seed Material team, FSM: Town of Beginnings Tiles is an innovative and versatile set you simply must have.

Click here to purchase from the RPG Maker Web store.

Click here to purchase from Steam.

This week only, enjoy a 20% launch discount! Simply add the product to your cart to see the discount - available in both RPG Maker Web and Steam stores.

Discount is valid until Thursday, November 17th (12:00pm PDT)

Shinma, Amy Pond, Guiguimu and 14 others like this.
  2. Dungeonmind

Dungeonmind Lvl 4000 Humanoid Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow omg wow. I have been using their resources in my projects for yeaaaars! lol I love the art style and its so nice to finally have a rpg maker web store product for us to use in our RM games! I just have one question though, I quote on facebook " Check out one of the largest tilesets we've EVER released! " Is this really true?!?! I thought releasing big resource packs like this was at an end and more focused on smaller ones. Is it bigger then the original DS resource pack? Cause if so I'll be making a trip to the bank tomorrow to make this resource pack a part of my collection. I love BIG resource packs. - And plus who doesnt love first seed material, like they really ARE one great alternative to the RTP. haha :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  3. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Instantly bought. Just one simple question how long will be the wait for the next sets in the series?

Dungeonmind likes this.
  4. Dungeonmind

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's going to be a tough question to answer so close to launch, All though I have wondered this many times with other packs. It really has got to depend on how successful this pack sells, I would presume. :o

Other reasons that might halt development of the next pack might even be "life" reasons that are not even related to development.

5. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thats a huge problem if u ask me. The valubility of the pack is defined by its support with another themed packs like forests, dungeons, castles, ships etcetera. I bought it because i wanted to support FSM for years. But as a customer without many artistic skills i cant make a full game with what the pack is offering. So knowing when the next sets come and if they come at all would be necessary to know if you want a game with the FSM styled graphics.

I think the bigger the library of sets is the more people will buy it.

Dungeonmind likes this.
  6. Dungeonmind

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And I would have to agree with you on this one. And I'm sure many will agree. but the truth is, its hard af to make tilesets. So its not something you should expect a million different pieces of. I've learned to live with it because I don't make tiles so why should I expect others to make me a crazy insane set that I could never even dream of making myself. That being said, from your comment, I take it the pack is lacking enough for a full game and thus must not be bigger then the original DS resource pack, however this can be subjective cause the resources are 1.5X bigger then they used to be. It's why I asked the question in my earlier post...

The DS resource pack for me has got to be the most largest good-quality set I have encountered on the store, with a few color edits you can make a really big game. Aside from that there is the PV Games stuff, but all though I am a fan of it, its art style does differ from that of the norm with rpg maker games and requires a lot of extra scripts and headaches to make look nice. Like i said I am a fan and the amount of resources he has IS actually unmatched. Thats why the facebook post that said its the biggest set they have EVER released REALLY caught my eye there . :) Got me a little too excited, just sayin :)))

Archduke and mlogan like this.
  7. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The set is huge the DS sets might seem bigger but they had not been created out of nothing for the rpg maker vx ace. They recycled the set from the RPG Maker DS. Thats a lot of work too but i guess its easier than made something new. Also a lot of the things from the FSM set are combinable which is even more work. Did u try the sample game that thing alone was a beast to make.

Its not impossible to make a game with this first set only but to be able to do that u limit yourself to the constraints of the set. SInce the set is created by Mac/Blue i hope they will finish it so it has the same library as the old 2k sets or at least the vx set.

8. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

A lot of them had to be remade since it's 24x24 to 32x32. And DS/DS+ have sample games too so we can show people how to use the sets (but we still get reports that our sets are bad and can't make maps but w/e). FSM's set is also based from their 2k/3 and VX/A version so they're not fully going at it blind. Based on this, at least they have the design set and just need to redraw them.

Dungeonmind likes this.
  9. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didnt want to flame the DS sets :D. I own all of them and will do something with them if i find the time to do so. You called the FSM tileset your biggest to date in a facebook post. So i was comparing it with the biggest sets available atm.  The DS sample games are great too. But i really liked the little comments in the FSM sample game you get when you collect the chapters.

Coming from an admin position at an esport tournament site with a semi complex system i totally get that. People today want everything as easy as it gets but sometimes that's not possible. I mean u try to develop a game it can't be one click here and there and you get a perfect map. But sadly that's what everyone expects nowadays. I myself think that learning, adapting and improving is half the fun in the rpg maker business. I'm working with different rpg maker versions since early 2002 and Im not even close to knowing everything there is to know. 

10. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    There's no "Save and Continue" button after paying with Paypal in your web store. :( Could you have a look at it?

11. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The set reminds me very much of the resources of RPG Maker XP (which I still love the most). Really nice.

Can anyone tell me how many sheets are included?

12. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here is a screenshot of the tileset folder:

fsm.png

Knayter likes this.
  13. Knayter

Knayter *teleport behind you* Nothing personal kid Veteran

First Language:
    Viet Nam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  14. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @beliziam Thank you very much. Seems to be pretty much content.

15. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm impressed by the quality of this resource pack. Rounded tiles, good looking trees, nice buildings, overall it's totally worth purchasing.

Kino, Susan, Knayter and 2 others like this.
  16. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I tried once more. Paying via Paypal doesn't seem to work, at least not for me. Anyone else having problems?

Iliketea likes this.
  17. flirion

flirion White Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Liak I tried to buy it with paypal too but paypal suspended the payment saying that it might not be safe, its really strange since I did buy things from rpgmakerweb before.

Iliketea and Liak like this.
  18. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Exactly the same here! :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
    Iliketea likes this.
  19. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe buy it on steam then. Paypal should be working there.

20. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    That would be a possibility. But I have bought quite a few things in the store here, so I would actually like to have my collection here. And this issue should be fixed anyway, I'd say. :) So I'll just wait.