beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would be a possibility. But I have bought quite a few things in the store here, so I would actually like to have my collection here. And this issue should be fixed anyway, I'd say. :) So I'll just wait.
I know what u mean :D I keep al my rpg maker stuff on steam only. 

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Beautiful tiles, but ... holy cow are they expensive!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
FSM's set is also based from their 2k/3 and VX/A version so they're not fully going at it blind. Based on this, at least they have the design set and just need to redraw them.

So they will most probably release the other parts too? Though it seems only a few dungeon and forest tiles are missing from this pack, based on what I used to use from FSM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Expensive?  I'd say they're selling for cheaper than the norm.  Big sets like this tend to be at least 30.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
and you even have 20% discount for the release week too

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The price is amazing for what u get. There are only a few sets that match the content offered by the set and most of them are more expansive. 

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The FSM tiles are great and amazing value for the price point. Ones included here are enough for towns (as indicated in the title) and forest maps. There's a lack of dungeon and cave tiles, but can be filled up with the RTP parts for now. They're not just upscaled, but looks redrawn, and new parts were even added that were not in the original (such as the boat). I hope more will be released, such as seasonal tiles and dungeon parts. Hopefully they'll release FSM tall character packs as well, premade characters or as generator parts.

Best release ever, graphic-wise. :D

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd say the price is just about right.
I bought this on steam the day before yesterday and so far I'm totally satisfied with what I got. The sample maps are very detailed and it's easy to see that a lot of hard work has been put into the making.

Regarding RTP compatibility, although the tiles were initially designed to have a style that contrasts the RTP, a little editing can make not all, but most of it go along with the RTP.
The biggest difference is the color/contrast/brightness etc. when compared with the RTP, which can be easily edited in photoshop, gimp or any other tool. You can even add the edited objects as parts to your existing RTP tilesets for even more variations (personally I found that the trees and roads fit pretty well with the RTP with a little bit of color correction). You can also adjust the RTP to fit with the FSM style.

Cheers to the makers of this. Although I'm excited about the next part in the series, I understand that good art is best not rushed. But when it's finally out, I'll definitely be one of the first in line to buy.

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Liak I'm having problems with paypal as well. And I tried buying it on Steam. It's strange since I only brought something on steam a couple of days ago via Paypal, so I'm not sure why there is suddenly a problem. Something up with Paypal maybe? Anyway hope it gets sorted soon as I really want this!

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Myst88 No, its not with Paypal itself. I have the same problem and when I called the hotline it seems as if the problem is that the DLC is suspicious or something? The person asked me tons of questions on what that is what I am trying to buy and what to use it for and so on. He also said not to try and buy it for atleast two days... So I will miss the sale... great... I mean I will still buy it but it still sucks ...

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very interesting to see other people had problems with PayPal.  I did too (via Steam).  I tried with two different PayPal accounts and had the purchase rejected.  In the end, I just paid directly with my credit card and it went straight through.  As for the quality and price of the set, I am wrapt with it.  I think it's excellent value compared with other purchases I've made (even though the Australian exchange rate is terrible at the moment!).  Like many people, I'm happy to support FSM considering their generosity in making all their earlier materials available for free.  The set is a beautiful addition to other MV tiles - and since I'm always tweaking things to make custom tile sets and so don't view it as a stand-alone thing, it is an extensive new resource to expand my worlds.  I truly hope this sells well and encourages FSM to make further sets in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Maybe they could make the promotion period a bit longer because of the Paypal issues? :)

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like to see some more screenshots of what's in the pack before making my mind up about purchasing it or not, has anyone that's bought it so far got some testing maps they can show? (If that's allowed). Also at Christmas time will there be a similar sale for this product?

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I Know why Paypal doesnt let us pay for the tileset!
I got an email from the customer service and roughly translated to english it says that the reason we cant use Paypal to pay for the tileset is that the one who gets the money is in a country that has sanctions from the OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) against it. 

And Paypal isnt allowed to let transactions with countries like that through. 

Here is a list with active sanction programs, but i dont know which one could be the one that is restricting us from buying the tileset?
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Iliketea  That's really strange.  Degica's a Japanese company, this shouldn't be a problem.

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I Know why Paypal doesnt let us pay for the tileset!
I got an email from the customer service and roughly translated to english it says that the reason we cant use Paypal to pay for the tileset is that the one who gets the money is in a country that has sanctions from the OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) against it. 

And Paypal isnt allowed to let transactions with countries like that through. 

Here is a list with active sanction programs, but i dont know which one could be the one that is restricting us from buying the tileset?
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx
Strange problem indeed. I bought it on steam and paid with paypal, no problems at all.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I only know what the PayPal Person told me...  I hope the Problem gets solved soon, i'd hate to miss the sale 

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Any news on the issue yet? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol
"I want custom, more lively looking grass for my forest map."

"Just set overworld grass as outside grass."

--RM Wisdom--
Any thoughts on my hexagon map system?
Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?
RPG Maker MZ demo -project with some new features:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasaimportrefincargo