FSM: Town of Beginnings Tiles

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Liak - I was having the same issues, but I decided to just get a steam card and buy it that way. Also, the first time I tried buying it was on steam, the second time I tried over my phone, the I tried through Edge... eventually I called Paypal to find out WTH was going on...the guy said that the Government was requiring them to monitor payments to Degica, because its stationed outside the US or something....so stupid. I told them ive made payment to Degica many many times before and never had issues till now. Almost missed the sale. 

2. Timty

Timty Artist Member

First Language:
    Czech
    It looks good! Purchased...

3. Dream!

Dream! Champagne Mami Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The best tilesets ever! Loved by MV and 2003 fans worldwide.

4. GE_Peter

GE_Peter Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's going for 20 percent off on Steam right now, until the 3rd of Jan I think.

And for those having trouble paying with Paypal, Steam even offers a Bitcoin payment option!

5. Zerphoon

Zerphoon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I really hope im not posting out of place, I just bought these and when I loaded it up I was told i was missing some files that I was able to fix by importing the files from the core game in my steam directory, HOWEVER it didnt seem to fix all the issues as I was still missing !ex_chara01.png and after I tried to temp fix that I got another error that I was missing fsm_ex_chara01.png, is there a place I can get the files that werent included in my download? I feel cheated since one of the files im missing specifically says fsm in the file name... i own the steam version of rpg maker mv, but i bought the resource pack through the rpg store if that helps.

6. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I bought it on steam there is no file called "!ex_chara01" in the dlc. Maybe you could be more specific what you're missing.

7. Zerphoon

Zerphoon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thats as specific as I can be I dunno i could screen shot the errors im getting? Apparently im missing a bunch of bgm files too

8. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    They are so cute and well designed! This is a great work and I am in love with that stove u.u Too bad I only use ace, would buy for mv definitely!

The Stranger likes this.
  9. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That doesn't sound like a dlc problem at all. The dlc is only containing graphics it looks like your project has some problems. Maybe create a new project and copy the tilesets settings from the sample game.

10. Zerphoon

Zerphoon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    But then why is one of my missing files "fsm_ex_chara01.png" ?.....

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  11. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your having problems with the sample game. Try to redownload the dlc on steam.

12. Zerphoon

Zerphoon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I bought the pack through the store page on rpgmakerweb not through steam and ive redownloaded it several times now

13. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Zerphoon Don't worry. fsm_ex_chara01 are just some random characters made with the generator so at least you know that you don't miss any real content. But of course I understand that it is really irritating that the sample game won't work.
    However there should be a japanese and a english version of the sample game. Did you check if the missing file is in the img/character folder of the other one? If not maybe it will help to copy one of the other character sheets (people1 for example) and name it fsm_ex_chara01.
    This way you won't have the NPCs that were normally used in the sample but I think it doesn't really matter because as I said before the missing characters are just some random generator sprites. Nothing special.

14. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

I'm really loving the FSM tiles. I haven't been this happy with a tileset since Celianna's Ancient Dungeons. I really like that it accomplishes--like the blog post states--being darker and less saturated than the RTP, giving it that medieval fantasy vibe but still keeping the color to make the game world feel vibrant and versatile.

In my opinion, THIS is the style that MV's RTP should've been created in. Rather than adjust these tiles to fit RTP, I plan on adjusting RTP (brightness/contrast/saturation) to fit these.

Now, if only there was a less chibi style sprite generator to accompany these tiles, I'd be a very happy MV user. :)

Gabrelik, The Stranger and beliziam like this.
  15. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

I bought it a while ago. Now I just started using it. I need pattern for those floor and grass where can I download them? Thx

16. SMF

SMF Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just bought it.
    Amazing set!

17. Phade102

Phade102 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am eagerly waiting for desert and snow tiles to be released, but from what i've seen on REFMAPs twitter, theres a town expansion set coming out soon.

18. Alexander Hawksmoor

Alexander Hawksmoor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The next one will probably be town and cities. Hopefully the next one after will be deserts, snow and so forth. I wouldn't mind an underworld/crypt.

Dungeonmind and The Stranger like this.
  19. Phade102

Phade102 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I 100% agree with this. desert and snow are important for me.

20. Nightshade

Nightshade Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    a underworld/crypt would be beyond useful

Dungeonmind likes this.