bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm assuming he means the 3 tile high stairs, which seem like they are blocked at the top. If so, that seems like the problem to me. All 3 of the tiles need to be able to be walked on, right?

Edit: It just looks like there is no path over those stairs from left to right.

Vayne88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are several stairs there . :)

Can you circle the ones giving you an issue?

The wood stairs that goes up (got "o" symbol)

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mean the stairs listed here?
cpXBp71.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might not be the solution but if you're getting at what I think you're getting at you need to place an event to move you're player diagonally up the stairs in the move route option.

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might not be the solution but if you're getting at what I think you're getting at you need to place an event to move you're player diagonally up the stairs in the move route option.
lol, I just had so much fun creating one of those events. I didn't realize you could move by x and y. I think he wants to smoothly have it face to the right and walk up the graphic as if they were stairs. I think you're right, it can only be done with the move route option. I'll have to play around some more to see what all you can do. Am I correct in assuming that you could implement smooth movement through a script inside the move route.

Vayne88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol, I just had so much fun creating one of those events. I didn't realize you could move by x and y. I think he wants to smoothly have it face to the right and walk up the graphic as if they were stairs. I think you're right, it can only be done with the move route option. I'll have to play around some more to see what all you can do. Am I correct in assuming that you could implement smooth movement through a script inside the move route.

I want it to work just like a normal stairs, you know. I tried to changed x to o. But not working yet

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want it to work just like a normal stairs, you know. I tried to changed x to o. But not working yet

I don't think that's possible. Its to do with the engine - you can only move by 1 tile in X OR Y direction, unless you use diagonal plug-in + diagonal char-set. Even then, each stair tile is a square and it would be problematic to "jump" from one tile to next diagonally - assuming the stair is 1 meter wide or so.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As has been said, the player can only move the character up, down, left and right. The way you have the passability settings at the moment, there is no where to move. Look at that bottom left circle you have. "Up" is blocked and so is "Right".

You can either expand the O settings to include those around it, or you can set an event on the bottom and top stairs. Make those events player touch and put in a move route that will move the character diagonally. These are options in the custom move route page, they read "Move Lower Left", "Move Upper Right", etc.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Move upper right is what I meant, thanks mlogan lol.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the 4-directional passability set to on those tiles? If the ones marked as X have down/right enabled, it should be okay.

I see the stairs on the right all have Xs, so unless the 4-dir passage settings allow it, you wouldn't be able to use that second group of stairs to go up/left.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! 15 posts waiting in the approval queue. Approve 3, decline 2, ask poster for more information on 4. Refresh. 18 posts waiting in the approval queue!
Shaz wrote on ZestyTS's profile.
Hi, there is a Completed Games forum where you can post your game. Or a Commercial Games forum if it's paid. The status feed is not where these belong. Just make sure to read the pinned threads and include all the required information in your post.
I was initially looking for some old archer design i made a few years ago, but couldn't find it...
but here's a sketch from some parade / festival I stumbled upon that i totally forgot :D
Not sure how i'll go about it, but i definitely want to incorporate some of it in my game :)
cxgRkhJ.png
So... what is sleep anyway? UGGGG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seori