Rink27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Is it possible to check if the game is being run in full screen?

I'm thinking of having a horror-themed section in a game where there might be a jump scare. I figure it would be best effective if the screen was full so that nothing else can distract the player from the scare.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Graphics._isFullScreen()

returns whether the game is in full-screen mode or not.

HOWEVER...when I test it, when I'm NOT in full screen, it returns true, but when I press F4 to go fullscreen, it returns false. Not sure what's going on.

I only tested it on desktop. Not sure about browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D
Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrSunshine