Hyperly

i like rocks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sometimes when I fullscreen on my game my entire screen just freezes and stays pitch black. I haven't changed anything related to Fullscreen, and I've looked this topic up before, but none of the solutions seem to help. Does this have something to do with my monitor's refresh rate, or something related to my computer itself? I've tried my game on other computers and everything has been working, so it seems to only be happening on my computer. There also isn't any error messages that appear when I fullscreen, so the game seems to be working fine even if I can't see anything.

Jaiden

RMXP Fiend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
What version of Windows are you using and do you know what your graphics card is? This sounds like it might be an issue with your computer not being too happy about RMXP's dedicated fullscreen, which if I recall, changes the resolution to 640x480.

A good place to start would be ensuring your graphics drivers are all up to date. I just verified that it works OK on Windows 10 version 1709.

Alternatively, if you own RPG Maker VX Ace, you could try this series of scripts which allows XP to use the RGSS3 engine and offers some other forms of fullscreen that might work better: https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12899.0.html

Hyperly

i like rocks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
My graphics card is a GTX 1080, and my Windows version is Windows 10 1909. I read that RPG Maker XP Ace link you sent and I'm worried it may corrupt my game as it says "DO NOT USE AN EXISTING PROJECT AND RISK CORRUPTING YOUR GAME." I checked NVIDIA drivers and everything is up to date as well.

Jaiden

RMXP Fiend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
If your drivers are up to date I'm not really sure what else it could be. Do other games with dedicated fullscreen cause this or is it just XP?

I'm worried it may corrupt my game as it says "DO NOT USE AN EXISTING PROJECT AND RISK CORRUPTING YOUR GAME."
Yes, as with any major script, you should make a copy of your project before attempting to add it. That warning is there to prevent people from throwing the script into their projects willy nilly without any thought. I never experienced issues when I installed it into an existing project.

The ideal way to use XPA is to copy your scripts and data into a clean project, but it depends on how many you already have and any possible conflicts. You can add XPA to an existing project (this is what I did), but you have to pay careful attention to the script order and follow all of the directions. Just make a backup copy before doing anything to be sure.

Hyperly

i like rocks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
If your drivers are up to date I'm not really sure what else it could be. Do other games with dedicated fullscreen cause this or is it just XP?

Yes, as with any major script, you should make a copy of your project before attempting to add it. That warning is there to prevent people from throwing the script into their projects willy nilly without any thought. I never experienced issues when I installed it into an existing project.

The ideal way to use XPA is to copy your scripts and data into a clean project, but it depends on how many you already have and any possible conflicts. You can add XPA to an existing project (this is what I did), but you have to pay careful attention to the script order and follow all of the directions. Just make a backup copy before doing anything to be sure.
Oh, yeah I always backup everything before doing that. I'll go ahead and try XPA and see if it turns out well. I was worried that it meant something like don't use an existing project at all.

It only happens to two versions of my game on RMXP. I labeled both V0.1.1 and Dev version. V0.1.1 hadn't been changed in a long time, and Dev version is modified often, but I haven't made any recent script changes, the only changes made were map and sprite changes. Still not sure what it could be since this never happend up until now, even on the dev version.

This should have a download to V0.1.1 if you wan't to see if there's anything you could troubleshoot from it. Outersleep Download

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl