cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I do use F6. And I use Windows 10, but anti-aliasing is indeed present.
Interesting. It doesn't work on my Win10. Maybe it's just my config then.
Anyway, it's handled by the OS (or more exactly, a specific DLL and apparently a specific graphic configuration somewhere else) so I'm not sure you can enable/disable it from the Ruby script alone.

Does the traditional Alt-Enter full screen mode do the same thing?

Romanticist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Interesting. It doesn't work on my Win10. Maybe it's just my config then.
Anyway, it's handled by the OS (or more exactly, a specific DLL and apparently a specific graphic configuration somewhere else) so I'm not sure you can enable/disable it from the Ruby script alone.

Does the traditional Alt-Enter full screen mode do the same thing?
Yeah it does. Well, when I play an emulation, many emulators have pixel-perfect resizing. So does Game Maker Studio 2. So I thought perhaps it'd be possible for VX Ace to do it, too, but cannot find any solution, and it seems I'm the only one with this issue.

This is using F6:

This is original size blown up by 2, and how I want it to look:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know.
I have the exactly opposite result here, and I don't know how to *add* anti-aliasing to this script.
It's certainly an external cause.

Romanticist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know.
I have the exactly opposite result here, and I don't know how to *add* anti-aliasing to this script.
It's certainly an external cause.
Just do be clear, I want to REMOVE anti-aliasing, not add it, lol.
Well I'll continue to look into it. Tbh, it isn't exactly obvious that it's anti-aliased at first glance; are you sure yours isn't anti-aliased either?

EDIT: It looks like I'm not the only person with this issue after all, and it has to do with interpolation, or something.
Speaking of interpolation, that reminds me: I have the art program Clip Studio Paint, and when you change the image resolution, you can change the interpolation method. There's bilinear (smooth edges), nearest neighbor (hard edges), bicubic (clear edges), and average colors (high accuracy).
Nearest neighbor is the kind of interpolation I want. In the link I gave above, the user points out that this Fullscreen++ script uses bilinear filtering, which makes sense and does have an "anti-aliasing" effect in in my art program, so I'm sur.

So if it is written into the script to have bilinear interpolation somehow, I wonder if it could be changed to "nearest neighbor"... unless it really is an external thing :/

EDIT2: Yikes! I've been finding more results ever since I googled "RPG Maker VX Ace interpolation" and it seems this has been asked before... but to no avail. :kaodes:

EDIT3: It seems like RGDirect has an option for nearest neighbor interpolation.
3、Graphics.filter in RGD modifies sampling filter in fullscreen or expanded game window. When the filter is set to 0, nearest neighbor method is used and pixel effects are preserved. When the filter is set to 1, linear interpolation is used and the resized sreen looks more smooth.
It's about time I made the switch and started to use this! If I can get it to work, I'll update this post again. Well, I'll update either way :p

EDIT4: Yep... Yep, it works. I've been trying to find a solution to this for a long time now (only recently asked here out of desperation haha) and I am ecstatic that I found the solution. Now my game can look even more clean and retro. So amazing :LZSjoy:

Last edited:

Otto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Sorry if this is already been adressed, I admit I just quickly ran trough 10 pages of topic and I didn't notice anything but I might have missed it:
are there script calls for the F6 function? I read that I can use Graphics.fullscreen_mode and/or Graphics.toggle_fullscreen to simulate the F5 button, but what about the F6 one?

Thanks for any reply

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Code:
Graphics.toggle_ratio # switch to bigger screen
Graphics.ratio=(x) # set screen ratio (ratio = 3 to pseudo full screen?)
Graphics.toggle_border # turn border on/off
Graphics.toggle_fullscreen # fullscreen on/off
These are all script calls I found and saved up for future use (to some sort of options menu). #toggle_ratio is the F6 method, while #ratio=() lets you set it manually (so you can go from regular size window to spread full screen with one line of code)

Otto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks man, that's exactly what I was looking for :)

vudang110295

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@mjshi can i ask a question? sorry for my bad english but i got a error:eror.PNG
what should i do?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@vudang110295 You need F1AltEnterF12.dll I think. Here's one I ripped from a forum post, attached below. Put it in your System folder.

Now, it's been awhile and I'm not 100% sure where I got this dll originally. Maybe it was in the project I was provided, maybe I found it sketchily online. Not sure. Let me know if it causes any other issues.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs
the coffee shop i go to for open mic every friday only has 2 more open mics left and then they're done :'( i'm gonna die!
Everytime someone says Intel "kabylake" I hear either baby lake or ladycake.
Either I just had one of those dreams where you think you're awake, or I have time traveled. I woke up at 6:58am this morning, heard my father leaving for work, laid back down, now its 1:16am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayato7729