Fullscreen++

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Zeus81, Jun 15, 2013.

1. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interesting. It doesn't work on my Win10. Maybe it's just my config then.
    Anyway, it's handled by the OS (or more exactly, a specific DLL and apparently a specific graphic configuration somewhere else) so I'm not sure you can enable/disable it from the Ruby script alone.

Does the traditional Alt-Enter full screen mode do the same thing?

2. Romanticist

Romanticist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah it does. Well, when I play an emulation, many emulators have pixel-perfect resizing. So does Game Maker Studio 2. So I thought perhaps it'd be possible for VX Ace to do it, too, but cannot find any solution, and it seems I'm the only one with this issue.

This is using F6:
    [​IMG]

This is original size blown up by 2, and how I want it to look:
    [​IMG]

3. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I don't know.
    I have the exactly opposite result here, and I don't know how to *add* anti-aliasing to this script.
    It's certainly an external cause.

Romanticist likes this.
  4. Romanticist

Romanticist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just do be clear, I want to REMOVE anti-aliasing, not add it, lol.
    Well I'll continue to look into it. Tbh, it isn't exactly obvious that it's anti-aliased at first glance; are you sure yours isn't anti-aliased either?

EDIT: It looks like I'm not the only person with this issue after all, and it has to do with interpolation, or something.
    Speaking of interpolation, that reminds me: I have the art program Clip Studio Paint, and when you change the image resolution, you can change the interpolation method. There's bilinear (smooth edges), nearest neighbor (hard edges), bicubic (clear edges), and average colors (high accuracy).
    Nearest neighbor is the kind of interpolation I want. In the link I gave above, the user points out that this Fullscreen++ script uses bilinear filtering, which makes sense and does have an "anti-aliasing" effect in in my art program, so I'm sur.

So if it is written into the script to have bilinear interpolation somehow, I wonder if it could be changed to "nearest neighbor"... unless it really is an external thing :/

EDIT2: Yikes! I've been finding more results ever since I googled "RPG Maker VX Ace interpolation" and it seems this has been asked before... but to no avail. :kaodes:

EDIT3: It seems like RGDirect has an option for nearest neighbor interpolation.
    It's about time I made the switch and started to use this! If I can get it to work, I'll update this post again. Well, I'll update either way :p

EDIT4: Yep... Yep, it works. I've been trying to find a solution to this for a long time now (only recently asked here out of desperation haha) and I am ecstatic that I found the solution. Now my game can look even more clean and retro. So amazing :LZSjoy:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019