Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its the best full screen script, very thankz Zeus xD

Could u make it compatible with: Mouse System Buttons 2.5, please???
Well isn't it already compatible ?

Anyway there is nothing I can do in this script to make it more compatible, that's the others scripts that need to be modified. :/
@Diegobh
Unfortunately you're out of luck here. Due to the way RM handles data input, the mouse scripts have to be fit to the screen resolution and become more or less random devices if the resolution isn't one that was originally programmed in.

The following is a simplification (so please no comments from scripters who know the true facts please), but basically the mouse doesn't know any buttons, and the game knows nothing but the buttons. The mouse script only has the coordinates of the pointer and has to check which button is there on which screen, and then tell RM "I pressed this button". But the mapping of coordinates to button position needs to be done on the mouse script, and resizing the screen distorts that mapping completely...

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Graphics.fullscreen_mode

Nefertari83

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the prompt anwer. If I replace the code in def command vollbild, then the game starts automatically in fullscreen.
But I want the player to have the choice to switch the fullscreen mode on or off. How can I achieve that.

Here the changes I made: Maybe I've made a mistake?

Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * [Vollbild] Command  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def command_vollbild    Graphics.fullscreen_mode    @command_window = Window_TitleCommand.new    @command_window.set_handler(:new_game, method(:command_new_game))    @command_window.set_handler(:continue, method(:command_continue))    @command_window.set_handler(:vollbild, method(:command_vollbild))    @command_window.set_handler(:shutdown, method(:command_shutdown))  end

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ok, I see what you want, you just have to do :

def command_vollbild  Graphics.toggle_fullscreen  @command_window.activateendNo need to re-create the window.

Nefertari83

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Great, it worked! :) Thank you very much! Merci beaucoup!

GR1ML0CK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
can't seem to remove this post. i posted it on the wrong page

Funplayer

Self proclaimed sponge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice work.  If you don't mind, i'd like to integrate this with my windowed mode resize script.  Would that be alright?

Napoleon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
<removed>

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Funplayer, ok.

GoroUnreal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First of all, great script. Appears to work quite well. One thing I was thinking is if it's possible to show an image for the background as apposed to the black borders? Not sure if you've seen any older games that were remade or upscaled to widescreen resolutions that now have an image for the border to fill in the black bars. Stretching the background image would also be handy for handling any resolution without knowing the users resolution.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes, I'll try to do it for the next update. ;)

GoroUnreal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome, i'll have to keep an eye out for it.

xonox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Came across this script after learning that jerky fullscreen scrolling was not happenning under something older than Windows 8.  This absolutely fixed the slow full screen scrolling on my Windows 8 computer.

Thank you so much for sharing this script. 

I tried to understand exactly what it does by looking up the WIndows API documentation but i know nothing about this.  If i'm right, the new fullscreen mode disables the game windows and copies its content to another newly defined window ?  Is that so ?

Do you know why it fixes the slow scrolling of Windows 8 ?

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
No, it hides the game window borders and title bar, then it resizes the game window (rpg maker automatically resize it's content) and it creates a new window filled with black for the background.

I've also noticed that I fall to 30fps on vx/vxace fullscreen but no idea why.

Mugii

Nobody likes onions.
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I wonder, can Fullscreen++ resize movies when played? Cause It seems to be having a problem where clips just get align to the very top but not resized according to the resolution.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes I just tryied and indeed it doesn't work, but I can't do very much about it.

I'll try to update my video script to make it vx ace compatible.

Mugii

Nobody likes onions.
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
That would be freaking fantastic! If you could post here or PM me the link to it when your done porting it over to vx ace that would be absolutely brilliant! :D
Thanks Zeus! :D

GR1ML0CK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is it possible to have this work when pressing Alt + Enter, because that is the standard for most programs. I think most ppl would automatically go for pressing Alt+Enter when playing and with this script enabled it causes errors doing that. I don't think anyone would think to press F5 as it is generally just a refresh hot key. There could be an in-game msg that says to hit f5, but i find myself hitting alt+enter still out of habit. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.
People3_1 and People3_2 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuisema