Fullscreen++

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The last config used is automatically saved in the Game.ini file, if you exit the game while in fullscreen the next time you'll open it, it will automatically go fullscreen.

Even if you manually edit the Game.ini, if you test the game just after and go windowed it will be overwritten.

Ruin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Zeus81,

Thanks for your help on the Zeus Video Player thread!  I plan on using this script in conjunction with it and have a question.  

I found that the quality of the fullscreen mode using this script (with aspect ratio set to 1 so that it uses the entire height of the screen) is dependent on the display resolution in Windows.  The attached image of some sample text from my game shows what I mean.  On the left, my display resolution was set to 1920x1080, and the image on the right was captured while my display resolution was set to 1024x768 (closer to the resolution of the game window).  To me the right image looks much cleaner.  Since I think it is fair to say a lot of people keep their Windows display resolution set to 1920x1080 nowadays, a lot of people would experience lesser quality than if they had their resolution set lower.  

Unless you might know of another way around this, I was wondering if you know of a way to change the display resolution when you enter Fulscreen(++) mode to a specific resolution?  I looked up a Win API function for it, but I wasn't sure how to configure the arguments.  Any help would be majorly appreciated!  Thanks!    

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes I know, when stretching the window some computers use bilinear filtering, others use nearest neighbour.

I've searched a way to enable/disable the smoothing but didn't found anything.

The only thing to do when our computer doesn't have it is to keep an integer ratio, x1 x2 x3...

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Zeus, is it possible to change the fullscreen setting to use a border image instead? Something like this. Instead of just black bars, you can also set up images ;w; )b

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well what I see in your example is already doable, just press F6 when you're in fullscreen to change the ratio.

About using images for background it's planned. ;p

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh no, that's just a screen reso change from 544x416 to 640x480. F6 does double size doesn't it? What I mostly meant that when pressing fullscreen it doesn't stretch the screen, it's still the same size but with border image ;w; )b

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
F6 changes the window size : fit, x1, x2, x3, etc... as it can get in your screen res, be it in fullscreen or windowed mode.

Currently you're in fit to screen mode, if you press F6 again (while in fullscreen) it should go back to x1.

JareX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
This is the cript I was looking for!!! thx!!! It's awesome.

I can't belive how bad the native fullscreen resolution from the program is. Makes the game lag like hell. But with your script the problem is solved!!!

I would also love to use a custom image for the background.  :)

I have only 1 issue tho:

I'm Currently using Vlue's Basic Mouse System. And it works just great with your script. But the only problem is that when the screen is set to x2 ratio the mouse is "lost" when moving in the black areas, it doesnt stay on the window but instead the mouse keeps going behind the black edges. Which might cause confusion.

The problem is less noticeable if using x3 ratio, but if I do that the graphics doesn't look that good since it distorts the pixels.

Any way to force the mouse to stay on the window?

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
There's not much to do about that in this script, it's in the mouse script that it should be fixed.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
You're probably right but I find more "user friendly".

Most people aren't coders down there and stuff like GNU GPL wouldn't be very meaningful.

Though for more details it's still possible to ask me.

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Zeus81,

Thanks for your help on the Zeus Video Player thread!  I plan on using this script in conjunction with it and have a question.  

I found that the quality of the fullscreen mode using this script (with aspect ratio set to 1 so that it uses the entire height of the screen) is dependent on the display resolution in Windows.  The attached image of some sample text from my game shows what I mean.  On the left, my display resolution was set to 1920x1080, and the image on the right was captured while my display resolution was set to 1024x768 (closer to the resolution of the game window).  To me the right image looks much cleaner.  Since I think it is fair to say a lot of people keep their Windows display resolution set to 1920x1080 nowadays, a lot of people would experience lesser quality than if they had their resolution set lower.  

Unless you might know of another way around this, I was wondering if you know of a way to change the display resolution when you enter Fulscreen(++) mode to a specific resolution?  I looked up a Win API function for it, but I wasn't sure how to configure the arguments.  Any help would be majorly appreciated!  Thanks!    

Man I wish there was a fix for this. It's to bad XP had more power when it came to this.

Thanks anyways for Fulscreen++ without it I don't think I could use RPG Maker. I hope someday their is new methods found to improve it :)

oubon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
Helo, great script!

New here and i have a simple question. I tried to make the script the default fullscreen by changing the input to ALT+ENTER but it didn't worked (error message). Am i doing it wrong ?

Napoleon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
As mentioned before. I also have major problems with the CC-SA license. SA is not usable, way too risky.

Basically we can not use this in our projects without stamping our entire project including all assets/code as SA as well.

So now I have to ask: can I use this in my commercial project (without changing any of my other licenses) if I give you credit?

1. My project has different licenses including ones that are not compatible with SA like the "all rights reserved".

2. I will not redistribute the source code.

3. I will modify it a bit to make it compatible with my other scripts. But only for my own project and those changes will not be shared (unless you want me to but I don't see why).

4. I didn't notice the SA license before. Is it new?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I thought CC-SA was per the item though... Since its a script and it acts as its own entity I don't think it would really compromise everything else. Though tech the screen it stretched for everything I still don't think it would hold up in a court of law... lets alone ever get there.

Napoleon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Another one that most people forget:

You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work only under the terms of this License, and You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier for, this License with every copy or phonorecord of the Work You distribute...
Notice the typo in "phonerecord", I guess not too many people read it. But that is just a detail and adding that is not the problem. Here is the problem:

section 1.b +

You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform a Derivative Work only under the terms of this License
So you have to make your ENTIRE project (Which can be considered a derivative work I believe, not 100% sure) as CC-SA. Which almost nobody wants. Not even most non-commercial projects. Making this script now pretty much unusable.

And from wikipedia:

Share-alike is a copyright licensing term, originally used by the Creative Commons project, to describe works or licences that require copies or adaptations of the work to be released under the same or similar licence as the original.[1]Copyleft licences are free content or free software licences with a share-alike condition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
jesus that is really hardcore. I guess time to remove it. Thanks guys.

Solistra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
There is no typo in "phonorecord"; a phonorecord is any physical object that contains a semi-permanent record of sound. Wax cylinders, cassette tapes, CDs -- all of these can be considered a form of phonorecord.

You're also misreading the license -- a derivative work would be if you took the Fullscreen++ script and modified it. Including it in another work does not mean that the entirety of the work is automatically derived from one component of it.

That said, the creative commons licenses are not suitable for source code, so that point still stands regardless. It should absolutely be changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DoubleXP wrote on Tonbi's profile.
Hello Wondering if you take commissions?
I should make an itch.io page one of these days...Maybe for my next large update.
whoops, forgot to get started with Advent posts! coming shortly!

Another demo of the dynamic cloud cover system, this time complete with the original soundtrack composition (which sounds even goofier at this 2x playback speed). Much left to tweak but I like it so far.
And now, some custom emotions to give the character life... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zyia