Fullscreen++

Napoleon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
You're also misreading the license -- a derivative work would be if you took the Fullscreen++ script and modified it. Including it in another work does not mean that the entirety of the work is automatically derived from one component of it.
Well that is a hard question imo. The way I personally read the definitions I'd say that the project itself is a derivative work. According to the cc-sa section 1b: just adapting the work alone counts as a derivative work. I presume adding a script to your project = adapting?

But indeed the "collections" section alone is a problem. If the license is not changed or if no exception is made by the author I will have to commission a 'full-screen alternative script'

Solistra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I never said there weren't real problems with the license -- like you, I'm trying to dispel some of the misinformation about the license itself. It is not as bad as is now being assumed, but it's also completely unsuitable for anything related to source code -- that's not the point of any of those licenses, as they were designed primarily for multimedia projects.

And yes, collections are a genuine concern.

Zeus, really, look through the open-source licenses available from the Open-Source Initiative. It would make everyone happier.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Helo, great script!

New here and i have a simple question. I tried to make the script the default fullscreen by changing the input to ALT+ENTER but it didn't worked (error message). Am i doing it wrong ?
You can't do that, it would first need to disable for real the built in ALT+ENTER command but it's kinda hard coded so that's not that simple.

Plus to use whatever keys you want on the keyboard you need another script.

As mentioned before. I also have major problems with the CC-SA license. SA is not usable, way too risky.

Basically we can not use this in our projects without stamping our entire project including all assets/code as SA as well.

So now I have to ask: can I use this in my commercial project (without changing any of my other licenses) if I give you credit?

1. My project has different licenses including ones that are not compatible with SA like the "all rights reserved".

2. I will not redistribute the source code.

3. I will modify it a bit to make it compatible with my other scripts. But only for my own project and those changes will not be shared (unless you want me to but I don't see why).

4. I didn't notice the SA license before. Is it new?
Don't worry you can use it.

The "share alike" was meant to "you can't resell the script as it".

But you can use it in your commercial project, patch it, without releasing source code, no worries.

Credits are not even required.

I'll try to make things more clearer for next updates.

Xezsha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! I love the script. Question! I want to use an options menu to turn fullscreen on and off. So Through the options menu I set it so when yes is hit, a conditional switch is turned on. I then put a common event in place that is only active when that switch is on with a parallel process with this script

Graphics.fullscreen_mode
The problem is, when I hit no in the options menu, turning the switch off, the game remains in fullscreen mode, however f5 still works.

But when the switch is toggled on, even f5 doesn't work!

tl;dr I 'm asking if there's a way to simply toggle fullscreen through an event.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
This is the good command and it works fine.

It's probably your common event which is bugged.

You may try print a message or play a sound instead to see what's going wrong.

Xezsha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I already tried that but with a weather effect. What happened was when the command was turned on, the weather effect would play, and when I turned the event off by hitting no in the menu, the weather stopped.  Here's what my event looks like if it helps.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well first Graphics.fullscreen_mode and Graphics.toggle_fullscreen don't do the same thing.

Graphics.fullscreen_mode goes to fullscreen mode or does nothing if you're already in.

Graphics.toggle_fullscreen goes fullscreen if you're windowed and vice versa.

And finally you should disable the switch after calling the script, 'cause calling it every frame in a parallel process isn't a good idea.

Xezsha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh that's right I changed it to test something and forgot to change it back, it was working the way I described it as before with Graphics.fullscreen_mode, that was just an error of forgetting to change it back after testing Whoops. ^^;

Anyway, I did what you said and kept it at toggle and turned off the switch after the script is ran, and it works now for the most part! Thank you!

Ultim

Kartoffel.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Amazingly useful script Zeus81 ! It makes you feel the immersion of the game.

Ultim

Kartoffel.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Amazingly useful script Zeus81 ! It makes you feel the immersion of the game.

Shelby

Diva
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Love this! Thank you very much for all your hard work.

BrandonDeVITO

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English-ish
Primarily Uses
@Diegobh

Unfortunately you're out of luck here. Due to the way RM handles data input, the mouse scripts have to be fit to the screen resolution and become more or less random devices if the resolution isn't one that was originally programmed in.
Good evening, 

Please forgive me if this appears, in any way, to be a troll. I actually created an account with this site in order to leave the response. And that response is, that everything is possible. Especially where code is concerned. That said, I am in no way debunking your expertise. I simply required a complex solution in order to make my game a reality.

Who am I? No one. I'm a 20 year veteran of video game QA (professional of course) and have recently gone Steam Greenlight in order to make my specific game design dream a reality. Is it amazing? No. Is it perfect? No. Am I following my passion and saying 'I can do it' all the way up the mountain.Yes.

I digress.

A question was posed as to whether or not the mouse could me made, in combination with the fantastic (yes I paid for a commercial script license) version of Falcao's Mouse System Buttons plugin:

Falcao's Mouse Buttons 2.5 Script

The problem is, that when these two are used together, the mouse, when 'out of bounds' reverted to the system cursor. And, until it had been brought in, and then back 'out of bounds' on the screen, the mouse would remain so.

One of the other plugins I tried (a lovely script by Amaranth called the 'SUPER SIMPLE MOUSE SCRIPT') lacked the event functionality I needed, but didn't have the same issue. So I cobbled together a 'fix' for this amazing mouse script which allows it to play nicer with Filscreen++.

Make SURE that this addendum below is loaded into the editor BELOW the MOUSE SYSTEM BUTTONS 2.5 script. Otherwise it won't do the trick.

The Fix (Pastebin)

I can no guarantee that this doesn't harm the functionality of any of the Falcao script functionality. And it doesn't prevent the mouse from leaving the Right and Bottom sides of the screen. But it DOES keep the mouse working the way Falcao-san intended.

It is my hope, that just as this worked for me, it opens the gates to the few who got stuck in using these two amazing plugins together. Thank you to all three authors for giving me what I needed in order to make my game soar.

And thank you to the other designers and hobbiests. Your trail of breadcrumbs has become a tool in my own success. 

Forgive the Franken-code.

-Brandon

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I Love the script. I'm also using victors animated battler and have it set to play a short movie clip for certain skills. problem is, the movies play in a tiny box in fullscreen ++ mode. I was wondering if theres

a way to script it or comment it or common event it to turn off the fullscreen ++ and go back to regular fullscreen mode everytime a battle starts and have it go back to fullscreen ++ when the battle ends?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
To go regular fullscreen you can write in a script : Graphics.vx_fullscreen_mode

To go fullscreen++ : Graphics.fullscreen_mode

Though I don't think it's a good idea, if your game change the fullscreen mode at each battle it'll be very boring.

One other thing you can do is using this script to replace the default video player : http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6392-zeus-video-player/

It'll work better with Fullscreen++ but the main drawback is that you'll probably have video codecs issues (the ogv you're currently using may not work).

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So your saying i could put that script call in an event before each battle and add the other after battle processing to change it back? What do you mean it would be boring? I dont think your video player script would be compatible with victors animated battler. I could rig somthing up i guess. I have been thinking about making all enemies events instead of random battles. Thank you for the help i think i will do the event script like you said. Ill test it see how it looks.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The problem is that it's not transparent, when changing resolution the screen takes seconds to refresh.

Personally if I played a game that randomly changes fullscreen mode on its own => Alt+F4.

LtBenjamin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I gotcha your right about that. I just really like your fullscreen ++ and wanted a way to incorporate it. Ill try your video player script out.

RaZzi

My Peculiar Brother
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Nice script! However, when pressing F1 to acces the options menu the mouse cursor disappears. Is this normal or perhaps issue with my mouse movement script? F1 menu works without this script.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;
Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 6 Starts NOW! Let's map some caves!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavos