Fullscreen++

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Tried adding the two lines but no effect on the result.

Will see what updates will be made to the script.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
In fact the borders visibility is guessed based on the fullscreen mode.

That's why the window isn't resized correctly.
We need to rewrite more function in order to separate them.

Code:
class << Graphics  @border_hidden = false    def toggle_border    return if vx_fullscreen?    initialize_fullscreen_rects    @border_hidden ? show_borders : hide_borders    self.ratio += 0  end    def hide_borders    @border_hidden = true    SetWindowLong.call(HWND, -16, 0x14000000)  end    def show_borders    @border_hidden = false    SetWindowLong.call(HWND, -16, 0x14CA0000)  end    def resize_window(w, h)    unless @border_hidden      w += @borders_size.width      h += @borders_size.height    end    if @fullscreen      x, y, z = (@fullscreen_rect.width-w)/2, (@fullscreen_rect.height-h)/2, -1    else      x = @workarea_rect.x + (@workarea_rect.width  - w) / 2      y = @workarea_rect.y + (@workarea_rect.height - h) / 2      z = -2    end    SetWindowPos.call(HWND, z, x, y, w, h, 0)  end    def ratio=(r)    return if vx_fullscreen?    initialize_fullscreen_rects    r = 0 if r < 0    if @fullscreen      @fullscreen_ratio = r      w_max, h_max = @fullscreen_rect.width, @fullscreen_rect.height    else      @windowed_ratio = r      w_max, h_max = @workarea_rect.width, @workarea_rect.height    end    unless @border_hidden      w_max -= @borders_size.width      h_max -= @borders_size.height    end    if r == 0      w, h = w_max, w_max * height / width      h, w = h_max, h_max * width / height if h > h_max    else      w, h = width * r, height * r      return self.ratio = 0 if w > w_max or h > h_max    end    resize_window(w, h)    save_fullscreen_settings  end    def update    release_alt if Disable_VX_Fullscreen and Input.trigger?(Input::ALT)    zeus_fullscreen_update    toggle_fullscreen if Input.trigger?(Input::F5)    toggle_ratio      if Input.trigger?(Input::F6)    toggle_border     if Input.trigger?(Input::F8)  endend

zeni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
Hello. I was looking for solution to RPGMaker games lagging in fullscreen mode in Windows 8, and searching led me to this script wchic was reported to help with this issue. However - i only know rpgmaker from gamer side, and i have no clue hov to use/run this script with already existing game. Could anyone help me with his   :) ? (or maybe there is another way to solve the Fullscreen lags problems in windows 8?) thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I was looking for solution to RPGMaker games lagging in fullscreen mode in Windows 8, and searching led me to this script wchic was reported to help with this issue. However - i only know rpgmaker from gamer side, and i have no clue hov to use/run this script with already existing game. Could anyone help me with his   :) ? (or maybe there is another way to solve the Fullscreen lags problems in windows 8?) thanks in advance
You can use this awesome script. Simply start the game in window mode, then hit "F5" instead of "ALT & ENTER" and everything should be fine. ;)

I'm using myself Windows 10, what has the same issues then Windows 8.1 so it should work fine. :D (\s/)

zeni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
You can use this awesome script. Simply start the game in window mode, then hit "F5" instead of "ALT & ENTER" and everything should be fine. ;)

I'm using myself Windows 10, what has the same issues then Windows 8.1 so it should work fine. :D (\s/)
Yeah, but i assume i have to somehow "put" the script in the game? On pasetbin i have raw code, what have i to do with it then :D ? i want to use it with a completed game made by somone else. I think i propably sound noobish, but sorry i never did anything with rpgamaker beside gaming :D

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to put it below "materials" but above "main".
There is where you put all costum scripts. ;)  

You can press "F11" to open up script editor. :)
But you need to open the game in RPG Maker. If it's encrypted, it don't work. :'( (\s/)

zeni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
I have this file - Game.rgss2a But I can't open it in rpgamaker VX since it opens only project files, is there anything i can do if there is not any .rvproj file in the game folder?

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to open the game.rvproj2. If that doesn't exist, it means, that's encrypted. For that I can't help, because it's illegal for sure too. ;) (\s/)

zeni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
You need to open the game.rvproj2. If that doesn't exist, it means, that's encrypted. For that I can't help, because it's illegal for sure too. ;) (\s/)
It is free game so i don't think it is illegal :) So there is no hope to run it properly in the full screen on win8?

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can't put it in a game made by someone else.

I suggest talking to the creator and asking them to update it with this script.

Sakif X9

Level 99 Persona User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I need some help with this script, I use an options menu script when I select the fullscreen on the options menu in my game it loads the default fullscreen.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I need some help with this script, I use an options menu script when I select the fullscreen on the options menu in my game it loads the default fullscreen.
With this script, you just press F5. Disable the fullscreen on the options menu.

Sakif X9

Level 99 Persona User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With this script, you just press F5. Disable the fullscreen on the options menu.
I use a options menu script, Basic Options Menu By Vlue, and I would I want to make it that when I choose the Fullscreen option it will make it go to fullscreen++, I am sure my players won't know that you have to use F5 to get fullscreen

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I did some investigating with SakifX9 - this might be interesting information for your update, too.

I am using Windows 7, he is using Windows 8.

When you start the game with anything that increases the resolution,the game window appears at a resolution of XXXX*768 - but this does NOT happen on Windows 8. As a result, the game starts big and blurry on Windows 7 as per this screenshot:

But Sakif will show you what it looks like on Windows 8.

Is this also part of what your new update entails in terms of fixes/solutions?

Thanks!

Sakif X9

Level 99 Persona User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I did some investigating with SakifX9 - this might be interesting information for your update, too.

I am using Windows 7, he is using Windows 8.

When you start the game with anything that increases the resolution,the game window appears at a resolution of XXXX*768 - but this does NOT happen on Windows 8. As a result, the game starts big and blurry on Windows 7 as per this screenshot:

But Sakif will show you what it looks like on Windows 8.

Is this also part of what your new update entails in terms of fixes/solutions?

Thanks!

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure, if that has to do with windows 8 again. :D
Because I got it like Hotfirelegend and I run windows 10, which acts the same like 8.1. ;)
Guess it's again, what your drivers are doing. :D (\s/)

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure, if that has to do with windows 8 again. :D

Because I got it like Hotfirelegend and I run windows 10, which acts the same like 8.1. ;)

Guess it's again, what your drivers are doing. :D (\s/)
Yes, the script relies on drivers. How could this be resolved though? A driver update? One specific to Win 8? or?

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use actually the most updated Windows 8.1 drivers. Because there are no official Windows 10 drivers. :D
But I get the strange feeling, that it has nothing to do with the GPU or CPU, then it belongs to the Mainboard. :/ (\s/)

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@SakifX9: What version are your relevant drivers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Second bust is almost ready. I have to stop for now, but I wanted to show him off. Just have to do a handful of edits and the rest of his expressions will be done.
Kupotepo wrote on casper667's profile.
Thank you @casper667 for make many amazing plugins. Do you see right @hiddenone make the blogs about your plugins?
Does anyone know where the MZ PluginEditorDemo.js can be found? It might be called SampleCoreScript now. I'd like to see what changed from MV.
Among Us w/friends stream
Leokids wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Hi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
occultpunk