Fullscreen++

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Zeus81, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Did you try to press F6? :p
    That happens for me when I press F6 only. And since the game remembers your settings, if you accidentally pressed F6 instead of F5, and closed the game, it will load up like that.

2. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Lol no, I didn't press F6 :p

Sakif X9 likes this.
  3. masterp

masterp Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    First off thank you for the great script.

How can I adjust the script to stretch the image to fullscreen so that there aren't black bars on the sides?

I realize stretching the width deforms the image a bit but I take that over black bars any day.

4. EternalShadow

First Language:
    English
    High resolution .dll, an update for an official version is coming soon.

5. masterp

masterp Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I've looked it up. Won't using the high resolution.dll screw with a lot of my existing scripts? Nevermind all the additional scripts I apparently need for it to run properly.

I'm looking for something much simpler. I don't mind keeping the 640x480 resolution, I just want the image to stretch to whatever aspect ratio the screen has to completely fill its surface, be it 16:9 or 4:3.

Can't that be done with a simple adjustment of some of the lines already present in the Fullscreen++ script?

6. EternalShadow

First Language:
    English
    It will be very blurry, but try pressing f6.

7. masterp

masterp Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    I'm aware of the F6 command, but it always maintains the 4:3 ratio. I'm looking for a stretch command that stretches to whatever size your screen is so that there aren't any black bars remaining left and right of the screen.

I don't think it takes a lot of code, but simply a slight adjustment to unlock the standard aspect ratio.

Thanks for the quick reply though, I appreciate it.

8. EternalShadow

First Language:
    English
    Well, what are you trying to do? If you want to increase the size even more, you'd lose the top row (and maybe some bottom ones too) of tiles, and the screen would be even more stretched. If you are trying to fit it to the size of a computer screen, each screen has different displays, and you'd get black bars on a 4:3 screen if you displayed the game in 16:9. There are numerous issues with that sort of non-black bar approach, and that#s what it's for. Even if you did manage to get it working, you'd have to re-render the text so that it remained readable, redraw images, etc.

9. masterp

masterp Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    I think I've found a fix

I changed line 174 of the script from this:

w, h = width * r, height * r

to this:

w, h = w_max, h_max

The effect means going from this fullscreen:

[​IMG]

to this one:

[​IMG]

Which is exactly what I was looking for. I hope some can confirm if that is a legit way to go about it and it won't have any negative effect.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  10. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It already has a negative effect:

It hurts my eyes. :D

Honestly, you are better off using the Resolution Setter script made by Venka and Dekita.

That will let the player decide the resolution instead of being forced to use a stretched and most probably ugly looking resolution.

Just a suggestion.

11. masterp

masterp Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Thanks for your input, Sixth!

I've taken a look at the Resolution Setter script and while it's definitely interesting it is not for me.

Implementing it comes with a whole heap of issues down the road when it comes to my custom scripts alone which seem to be mostly built around RMVXA's native resolutions.

Besides, it's not like I'm removing the original 4:3 aspect ratio, I'm simply looking to add a 'fullscreen stretch' option for people that prefer to use the full screen regardless which type of monitor is used and if the image is a bit stretched horizontally. I realize that a lot of people are purists when it comes to maintaining original resolutions/aspect ratios so of course I intend to leave that in.

What I want is the 3 basic F6 toggles

- 640x480 at original pixel size - 4:3 aspect ratio

- 640x480 at x2 pixel size - maintaining the 4:3 aspect ratio (black borders)

- 640x480 at maximum screen height - maintaining the 4:3 aspect ratio (only black sides)

and an additional 4th one:

- 640x480 stretched to full screen size - stretching to whatever aspect ratio your monitor has.

I've been able to determine that "w, h = w_max, h_max"  accomplishes this, however I'm not proficient enough at coding to write it as a 4th toggle option.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

12. Zeus81

Zeus81 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi sorry for the late reply.

Yes you find the good lines, you can edit it like this :

Code:
        if r == 0      w, h = w_max, w_max * height / width      h, w = h_max, h_max * width / height if h > h_max    elsif r == 1      w, h = w_max, h_max    else      w, h = width * (r-1), height * (r-1)      return self.ratio = 0 if w > w_max or h > h_max    end

13. Rave

Rave Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    That's really cool script. Does it make so game isn't switched to 640x480 when going fullscreen? On my computer it's shifted somewhat and after going fullscreen, it looks like this (mockup):

[​IMG]

Not to mention I have to resize back my taskbar after going fullscreen in 640x mode.

14. Sakif X9

Sakif X9 Level 99 Persona User Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible to do what  this does but with only 1 toggle mode?

[​IMG]

to this one:

[​IMG]

Which is exactly what I was looking for. I hope some can confirm if that is a legit way to go about it and it won't have any negative effect.

15. Japhasca

Japhasca Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    First of all, I love this script because it eliminates the nasty flicker on some NVidia cards when using the default full-screen, plus it scales better so you avoid the blurry graphics. However, I have had an issue crop up.

In the last two days, I've had the game freeze three times in fullscreen mode. It's always in battle, right when an enemy is defeated. The enemy will fade out, the message will be shown that it is defeated, but the game just stops there (although the music continues and the image remains.) It just stops moving forward. In dozens of hours of playtesting, I have not had this issue ever except when I changed to the Fullscreen++ screen modes. I have not installed any other scripts lately, but I will be happy to list any others that may be related.

The only ones I have that SHOULD be affecting combat in any way are:

Yanfly ACE Core Engine (resolution set to 640x480)
    https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-core-engine/
    Modern Algebra State Icon Scroll
    http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=44751.0
    Yanfly Common Event on Death
    https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/death-common-event/

Modern Algebra Drop Options
    http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=40114.0

Yanfly Victory Aftermath
    https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/victory-aftermath/

Modern Algebra Enemy Flash
    http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=46388.0

And this little guy that fixes it so enemies actually heal/buff each other randomly, rather than the last one in line:
    <spoiler>class Game_Action
      def targets_for_friends
        if item.for_user?
          [subject]
        elsif item.for_dead_friend?
          if item.for_one?
            [friends_unit.smooth_dead_target(@target_index)]
          else
            friends_unit.dead_members
          end
        elsif item.for_friend?
          if item.for_one?
            if @target_index < 0
              [friends_unit.random_target]
            else
              [friends_unit.smooth_target(@target_index)]
            end
          else
            friends_unit.alive_members
          end
        end
      end
    end</spoiler>

Most of these shouldn't effect the actual running of the battles, as I am mainly using the default system other than what these may do.

16. DoctorArtist

DoctorArtist Time Splicer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I seem to be having some issues. 
    So, I ended up NOT wanting to do this after all, once noticing that the screen could have the ability to fullscreen beautifully on another monitor without being tweaked with this script. When I deleted the script, however, I can no longer fullscreen with Alt+Enter, nor can the game even load with "Launch with Full Screen" checkmarked. What's going on? Any help, and help at all? I do rather need this fixed...

17. daylight5

daylight5 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Thanks Zues. I love this Full Screen mode. Really very nice!

18. dax

dax Veteran Veteran

19. astracat111

astracat111 Astra Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Fullscreen++ does something like release_alt, I would look there.

I have created a script that uses this along with Amaranth Game's Super Simple Mouse script to set one up to create an adventure game. You can find it here: 

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/42520-launcher-create-adventure-games-disable-f1f12-disable-keyboard-as-controller-fullscreen-with-mouse-play-movies/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  20. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry to bump, but I was wondering if there was a way to make it so that in the resolution here instead of using the regular resolutions provided, it could be altered to make it compatible with this Fullscreen++ resolutions here, so that it'd make the F5 on the fullscreen and F6 on the large selection instead the way the options usually handle them?

EDIT: post ate the link for some reason http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/18919-basic-options-menu/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015