Fullscreen++

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Zeus81, Jun 15, 2013.

1. bunbbb

bunbbb Warper Member

Hello,

I'm currently using this script and when I played the movies in full large screen the video will be showing in the left corner, but if i played the movie in small window screen it became normal, any helps?

2. zeni

zeni Villager Member

First Language:
    polish
    I have not encrypted game created in RPG maker VX. Can somone guide me how to implemend this script in it?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a script for VXA (Ace), it is incompatible with VX.
    I do not know if such a script exists for VX

4. Tsukitsune

Tsukitsune Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there a fullscreen scrip that doesn't make my busts super Jagged?  The original Alt+Enter gives a soft edge around my busts but stretches them, this script gives Jaggies but doesn't stretch.  Is there a way to make a middle ground?  I want Soft Edges fullscreen with no Stretch (black border is fine).  Resolution 1080p

5. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You can always make your graphic the way you want them to be shown (in this case, with soft edges) in any advanced graphic editing program. That is the best thing you can do here. Do not rely on scripts for changing the quality of graphics you use.

The original ALT+Enter stretches your graphics if needed (all of them) AND makes the screen very blurry. That is why you think that the image got soft edges. In reality, it does not have soft edges, it's just the blur which makes it "softer".

The fullscreen with this script does not stretch anything (unless you change the scale ratio), it shows the real images you use without any alteration (blur effects and such).

If that is not what is happening, than I don't know what is your exact issue. You should put up a screenshot of both fullscreen versions and show us what you don't need and what you need.

6. Tsukitsune

Tsukitsune Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My real preference would be to have clean crisp edges just like the ones that I made for the resolution of 640x480.  However that's not possible when you fullscreen and I understand that.  Thus why I prefer the soft look on the regular full screen mode over the jaggedness of this scripts fullscreen mode.

I understand that it doesn't stretch anything, however it does enlarge the picture causing jaggies.  

So no, I'm not about to blur my images in 640x480 for this script.  It'd be creating Pixelation ontop of blur.  I don't want both negatives.. not to mention doing that would make the base 640x versions look bad too.

So back to my original question, is there like a middle ground to where I can get the soft/blur of the regular Fullscreen but without the "wide" stretching?

Visual representations if my explanations are teribad.

Original 640x480
    [​IMG]

Alt+enter Fullscreen - 1080p monitor.
    Negatives - Stretches Graphics

Positives - Softer looking albet somewhat blurry, but better than Super Jaggies.

[​IMG]

Fullscreen++ on 1080p monitor.

Negatives - THEM JAGGIES SON

Positives - Doesn't stretch the image.

[​IMG]

What I want, positives of both!

Softer look of the 1st but no stretching sideways!

[​IMG]

Like is there a Bicubic re sizing option or anything other than Nearest Neighbor? 

7. Cloud_FFVII

Cloud_FFVII Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello guys, sorry for asking after so much, is there any new updates about this? I'm new around here, and I've been learning a little about scripting.

According to the documentation, I was able to change the black border color (now is RED), and I can change the tone as well, but I tried to load a bitmap and use it as a background instean with no luck. :( I really want to add a backround to my fullscreen project.

I noticed that changing the line:

ShowWindow.call(BackHWND, 0)To "0" the value, the black borders dissapeared and I can see the desktop behind. Also if I change the "0" here:

brush = CreateSolidBrush.call(0)Lets me change the color to RED and the tone of it.

Tried to load a background but I can't past the black borders, no luck. 

def show_back ShowWindow.call(BackHWND, 0) UpdateWindow.call(BackHWND) dc = GetDC.call(BackHWND) rect = [0, 0, @fullscreen_rect.width, @fullscreen_rect.height].pack('l4') brush = CreateSolidBrush.call(0) FillRect.call(dc, rect, brush) ReleaseDC.call(BackHWND, dc) DeleteObject.call(brush) @background1 = Sprite.new @background1.bitmap = Cache.system(Background_Name) @background1.z = 0 endI was wondering if there's a way to OPEN a Background picture while the game is open, so maybe it can fit and look like a background to the game, and when we close the game, close the picture too...I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas.

Sorry for my english...

Regards,

8. FroggyGames

FroggyGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks! I needed this. You'll be featured in the ''Special Thanks''.

9. Rainy Pride Games [RPG]

Rainy Pride Games [RPG] Principiant Scripter Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    When I press F5 there is a sound ¿how I can disable it?

10. 801901987

801901987 Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    HELLO,how can I disable F1 at Fullscreen++ v2.2?

11. Jonathan Lowe

Jonathan Lowe hazardousHumanoid Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi, I'm having a problem with the script where it stretches the pixels on my sprite to uneven results: [​IMG]

I first at thought it was a uneven aspect ratio ( I assume the screen is stretching to 640x4xx ) so I try giving it an even size that was 48x80 to 64x96 but still same result, and I can tell it only happens with the script, even with the vanilla firescreen ( Alt + enter ) it looks fine pixel wise ( but blurry as hell )

HELP A BROTHER OUT D:

Edit: I found a solution but it isn't a desirable one, I basically limit to maxing the width and height to 1280x960, I'm guessing my max resolution 1920x1080 isn't great for the height division...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I wrote a fix for this upon request by @NinJaRed that lets you use Fullscreen++ when the player presses ALT+Enter instead of the default VX Ace fullscreen.

The script mentions this already, but you'll need the Full Input script on Tsukihime's site to run this.
    If you have any questions or run into any issues with the fix, please either PM me or mention me (type @mjshi) on this thread and I'll try my best to help:kaohi:

Make sure to read the comments on the Full Input site first, though, to see if the problem you're running into has already been solved there. There appears to be some mouse input issues and such with the Full Input script that can be easily fixed by re-assigning some buttons.

NinJaRed likes this.
  13. NinJaRed

NinJaRed Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    mjshi you're the best!!!
    @Zeus81 if you read this you should really mention mjshi's script (above) in the main post (so it doesn't get buried down here)
    Also, I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this but I recommend set the resolution to 640x360 it's small but at least it's a 16:9 aspect ratio

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  14. LuckyAndrew13

LuckyAndrew13 Somewhat Competent Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This script is a godsend. Thank you so much for making this!

15. Backoffson

Backoffson Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It definitely looks better than the normal fullscreen, however the bars on the left and right still appear, top and bottom is fine, is it meant to be this way?

16. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If the aspect ratio is maintained, displaying on a wide monitor will make black bars appear on the side.
    It's the same for any non-wide window put in full screen on a wide monitor.