maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to find at least two plugins that can do what I want for battle statuses:

A battle status plugin that allows to completely change every aspect of the window. Essentially, I should be able to change the bars' placement and size, remove displayed text and values, etc.

The other plugin I need will allow me to add a custom parameter, but also a custom bar to the battle status for this parameter. Naturally, both of these plugins should be compatible with one another.

I've initially tried Yanfly's Battle Status Window along with DreamX's Extension, which allowed me to customize in almost every desirable way except I was completely incapable to alter the color of the texts and values. Unfortunately, DreamX hasn't logged on in 4 years, so this turned out to be a dead end.

SumRndDude's Battle Status Customizer was sleek and I liked the separate windows, but I could do absolutely nothing with the text.

Victor Engine's Battle Status actually did about everything that I needed.

Now I'm trying to find a custom parameter plugin that can draw gauges. ICF's I couldn't really figure out. Frog's Health plugin makes gauges quite easily, but is completely incompatible with Victor's and the DreamX one.

Basically, I'm trying to find the best combination and perhaps some people who have worked with any of these plugins can help me with these issues.

TLDR: I need a plugin or multiple plugins that can create a new stat and display it as a 4th gauge/bar in and out of battle.

Last edited:

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping because I have sort of an idea what to do. I found this post which helped me sort things out, but what I really need now is a "getter" for the ICF's custom params, as the linked thread doesn't have it and the main thread for this ICF plugin also didn't have it and isn't really active. So if anyone can help me with that, it would be much obliged.

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've decided to use Yanfly's Actor Variables instead of the ICF plugin, and I got Victor's plugin to display a variable as a bar. Now, I would like to display specific variables for specific actors. My plan is something like:

JavaScript:
this.drawGauge(x + 6, y + 53, 208, (A VARIABLE VALUE EQUAL TO ACTOR ID VALUE + A NUMBER, "#336EFF", "#5E8CFE");

What I've tried so far:

JavaScript:
this.drawGauge(x + 6, y + 53, 208, ($gameVariables.value(($dataActors[actor.actorId()]) + 600)), "#336EFF", "#5E8CFE");

Which leaves the bar empty. The short of it is that I need a scriptcall that can pull an actors id from the Window_BattleStatus and add it to a number to determine the variable. For example, Actor 1 in this case would have a gauge drawn based on variable 601, Actor 2 variable 602, and so on.

I tried "drawText" for $dataActors[actor.actorId()] on the window and it displayed as [Object/Object]. I feel like I'm close, but again, if anyone can lend me a hand, I would be very thankful.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD_Hudmaker can make everything on battle (except status window screen in a new window.
everything on map will work fine, custom window (like inventory) or battle window can work,
but this require alot of knowledge.

the $dataActors[actor.actorId()] wont work, but should be around $dataActors.actor().actorID
or around that, I dont really mess with them, but it might be found on some plugins how to get
that info.

if it's inside the battle window, you can also try for battleMember and it's ID? or $gameParty.members
that works sometimes better inside the battle scene. Because that checks the battle members
inside battle.

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I looked at SRD's Hudmaker. The main issue is all it would really amount to is me redoing everything. Plus I would still need to find the correct script call, so it doesn't exactly solve the issue. In terms of this:
the $dataActors[actor.actorId()] wont work, but should be around $dataActors.actor().actorID
I got the error: $dataActors.actor() is not a function.

if it's inside the battle window, you can also try for battleMember and it's ID? or $gameParty.members
that works sometimes better inside the battle scene. Because that checks the battle members
inside battle.
The main issue with this is that I don't know how you would feasibly have it so each variable references the correct character, as the battle member ID isn't permanently tied to an actor.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
maybe try instead of $dataActors to $gameActor.actors section which probably
store the actor's data.

$data part is mostly visible for items, weapons and armor, so gameActor could
reconize it.

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Believe you meant $gameActors.actor, which was accepted, but now I get: "Cannot read property "actorID" of undefined error."

EDIT: It should be noted that I'm using DrawText for testing purposes, and $gameParty.members()[0]._actorId was at least able to display the Actor's correct ID on the window. As previously stated, being able to get it to reference the correct actor id without a party position input is the issue. Here, I used 0 for the leader, so the idea would be something like that uses "this." or something to reference the relevant actor.

EDIT II: Electric Boogaloo: I've finally found the code that I was looking for: $gameParty.members()[index]._actorId.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont mess alot around the battle system or the $gameParty / battleMembers,
but I'm glad you found the solution to your problem, while I still learn JS, I never
learned from it, so I try to learn it on my own and with a bit of help :)

Good luck on your project further.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dddatom