Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there. fellow game devs! I was wondering yet again if you could assist me like you have so many times before.

So, I have downloaded the Particle Emitting Plugin, but I have run into somewhat of a conundrum. I need to anchor the particles to the mouse, but not just that. I also need the particles to appear when you hold the left mouse button but disappear when you release it. It would work somewhat like a drawing-esque program, but you're drawing with particles. The particle emitter plugin does not seem to be very Javascript implementation-friendly, so I was wondering if there was any way to attach the particles to the mouse in the way aforementioned.

Thank you for your time and effort!

Last edited:

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...what's that? :kaoswt:
I guess this is the Plugin.

However @Alador
If i am wrong pls give a link to the Plugin which you mean, probably that was the reason nobody answerd earlier..
(not enough Informations about your Question)

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ah, sorry, @Dopan! Yes, that is the particle emitter plugin I was talking about, I'll edit my original post to have the link in it, again, sorry!

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OK, by default that plugin seems to anchor particle effects to tiles/events, so I think you'd need an add-on or a Parallel event to keep the emitter synced to the cursor position...

I'd suggest assigning the emitter to the player to start with. Looks like you can change the position of an existing emitter with the setPEmitterPos plugin command. The corresponding script call seems to be:
JavaScript:
$gameMap.setPEmitterPos(id, x, y);
So I'm guessing you could have a Parallel [common] event with a Script command something like this:
JavaScript:
$gameMap.setPEmitterPos('cursorParticles', TouchInput.x, TouchInput.y);
Remember to substitute your emitter id here. Also bear in mind that Parallel events automatically trigger while active and not already running, so there's no need for a loop.

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, yes, thank you ever so much, @caethyril! This is exactly what I need!

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hope it works! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Dunno but maybe I'll make an art raffle soon. Anyone interested in it?
Give me some feedbacks please. x) Link: ♫ Let Us Play ♫ (Take note it's the first music I made, that even I find the music kinda off).
Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary_bhk