Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there,

I'm having trouble coming up with funny names for enemies Dragon Quest style and could use some help with it :D
(it would appear being funny in a language not your own is more difficult then one might think haha)

So anything you guys can throw at me would be appreciated :D

(Not sure if this post is where it should be I asked a mod and they didn't know either at the time haha so move it if you do ;) )

Thanks in advance!

Bone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People seem to really like puns, even the people who say they like them ironically.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wakfu and Adventure Quest is the game I know with world filled with puns and funny names. They can make a good example~

Several other ways of naming :

Different perspective.
EX : Slime = "Gooey" (kids perspective)
EX : Slime = "Mistake" (father perspective)

Relating to famous trademark.
EX : Werewolf = Awooooh (Because it make "Awooooh" sound? What is this, Pokemon?)

Turning phrase to literal meaning.
EX : Phoenix = Hot Chick

Rhyming their main trait.
EX : Bandit = Rude Dude

Lazy naming.
EX : Centaur = Men-horse

Misleading name.
EX : Unicorn = Horny Beast

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Nortius Maximus, Sillius Soddus, Biggus Dickus, or Incontinentia Buttocks.

Can't go wrong with the classics.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I name a lot of my enemies by their Latin name and/or but a feature they have. For example, a scorpion enemy would be named EL-POKEY or SKORPEE. A pig enemy might be OINKER or BACONATOR.

Pick a feature of the enemy and then google synonyms for that feature and you'll come across some pretty cool ideas that way.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Westernnimbus