AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have had a idea for another one of my famous batshit insane RPG plots. Coming from a dev that made a MLP fangame about Hitler invading Equestria or a game about the Touhou Dev being kidnapped by Jack Tramiel, the CEO of Commodore Business Machines (The company that made the C64). This should shock no one and surprise fewer.

THE PLOT
The game takes place on the island of Sodor, yes that Sodor. The one with the talking steam engines.1280px-Maps-sodor-railways-amoswolfe.svg.png
The opening cutscene is of a Cloud and Sephiroth-esque characters fighting on a volcanic landscape a la Episode 3 of Star Wars. The Sephiroth guy is defeated and burned alive. Cut to an old man shrouded in darkness, bringing the Spehiroth-esque man back to life turning him into a half man half machine. Many years pass, and the game starts. A high schooler in Knapford is roped into a strange world of anthropomorphic animals and is told by a furry goddess that a man from beyond the stars is posing a threat to the safety of Sodor and its beings and being entrusted with the Rena Krystal you set off on a journey to rid the island of evil. The future is wrought with danger and only the power of fursuits will fix it or else the dark lord from beyond the galaxy might have his way.

A parody of Persona, taking elements from Final Fantasy 7, 10 and the Star Wars films set in the place where Thomas & Friends happen.

THE CHARACTERS
Whilst pre-production has recently started and was on and off through the recent months, here's what I can confirm.

There will be several party members, whose genders and class and other such details are non-existent and subject to further development.

DARK STREIT
Basically what you need to know in a nutshell is if Sephiroth became Darth Vader and as you could tell from the description of the beginning cutscene, he has the same story on how he became half man half machine. Dark Streit is sent to Sodor as a way to prepare for his master's invasion of the island. Basically the man bad guy you fight throughout the game until his master arrives.

SIR ROBERT NORRAMBY
A human character that appears in Thomas & Friends, as the duke of Sodor he is knowledgeable of everything even the weird furry stuff going on. Becomes a central character somewhere idk. Will be the center of a series of sidequests.

JEM COLE
Another human character from Thomas. As a man who knows his way with tools and machines, helps the player with the crafting system and gives out recipes.

UNNAMED FURRY GODDESS
The one that bestows the Rena Krystal on you.

SIR TOPHAM HATT
An important Thomas character that will be killed off by Dark Streit. Only exists to advance the plot and show that Dark Streit means business.

UNNAMED PALPATINE DUDE
Basically Emperor Palpatine but with the serial codes rubbed off. The one pulling the strings, might have some hidden strife with Dark Streit.

FEATURES
Hi kids? You like plugins? You wanna see me stick 9 VisuStella plugins into each one of my eyelids?

Basically expect a handful of CGMZ and VisuStella plugins and whatever ones I find elsewhere that I find to be interesting and potentially useful.

Gameplay features are in fluidity at this point of non-development.

WHY DO YOU MAKE UNORIGINAL GAMES?
idk man I just wanna live my life u know?

DISCLAIMER!
This game has not entered development and may not be turned into a finished product beyond a prototype or an incomplete beta or may never enter production at all so don't expect this to materialize unless I say so.

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am bloody confused by this and I love it. I would contribute to this if it began development.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright so here is the deal with pre-production. I have no idea where to go from here. Here's a list with things I need to figure out and if anyone wants to help, be my guest.

PLOT
The game will be broken into three acts. The first act consists of the opening cutscene and introducing the main character and first few party members. However, outside of what I had started the thread with I have no idea what else is in the first act, same goes for the second act with the exception that Sir Topham Hatt (The Fat Controller) gets killed off. The third act ends with a battle with Dark Streit and the Emperor a la Star Wars Episode 6.

LEVEL DESIGN
Setting it in the Island of Sodor gives many opportunities for interesting locations such as towns and landmarks but not so for dungeons. Outside of a few like Culdee Fell (A Mountain), Rolf's Castle, and an abandoned mine from the Mid Sodor Railway days. I'm having difficulty for having dungeons and as much as caves and mines are fun to make. I also want to do other kinds of dungeons such as the final level in the game being a spaceship. The only trouble is thinking up of typical JRPG dungeons that fit well within the context of Sodor in that its basically the English countryside.

SOUNDTRACK
A common problem with my games and I can't decide whether to use the old RPG Maker midi music that someone on this forum turned into .OGG files or to use the music I have from other games. I'm working with MZ and I find that's default music is something. I feel like this is a me problem and I'll figure it out in due time. What I can confirm is that I'll be using the menu SFX from Gran Turismo II so menu and choice selection noises will sound like heaven.

These are the three key issues I have to figure out if I'm going to move this game from an expanded idea and engage in active development. I will also try to see if anyone over on the Sodor Island Forums are interesting in a game set on their fav island.

I will continue to post on this thread until either I run out of steam and let someone else take a whack with this or until the game goes long enough into active development where I can start a new thread and update as I go along. Until then, stay toasty my friends!

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can say that development has started on Fursona but has just started. New updates will become available at a later date. So here is the Sodor overworld map to show what I got so far.Map003.png

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Quick update: The game is in active development, because this is an idea thread it would be inappropriate to post game updates. But anyways here's a video regarding gameplay as of a few days ago.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Observation Log 1 on the planet of "RPGMAKERWEB": Local RMXP community seems to have very few survivors. Their script tech-level is in the early Stone Age(about the same as 66RPG in 2007).
Some cats/wolves/squirrels are spotted, they are likely friendly. :3
Keep working on establishing more meaningful contacts.
May try to use the "I Come in Peace" protocol if encounter any hostiles.
Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demonblabla