koban21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm having a problem with the futuristic tileset, and I've run out of things to do on my own.

I basically need to make a small war torn town but I have no idea which tiles within the tileset I'm supposed to use as a wall on the edge of the map. Black pavement wouldn't work well, and in my story there is a wall erected around the city, but that's not until much later. This version of the map doesn't have the wall yet.

I did purchase these from Steam long ago, and I wanted to leave them untouched and not have to edit the tileset itself. I think I may have to though to get what I need.

But without edits, does anyone know what I could use as a barrier in my small town?

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So one approach is to use a city street as your lower boundary, fill the sides with buildings, and have similar city clutter at the top. I use Construction zones or another street. Here is Cel's map:

example_map5.png

Or you Could use that brick in the middle with the greenery? just run that all arounf the edge.

I personally like roads all around, and then just cut off the ones you cannot exit from.

Or line up buildings like rowhouses/strip malls.

Wire fences along the back, that kind of thing. (see tile D)

some ideas

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

My two bits.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with GrandmaDeb, I think a more natural barrier would look best. But, if storyline says that there is a wall built around it (and that is not just in there to create a barrier), then there are a couple of wall tiles that I think would make a good wall around a city look:

futuristic.png

koban21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you very much. You've given me some great ideas. I have a better idea of what to do now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_on_the_plus_side.jpg

After countless hours, I finally solved the mystery of the missing puzzle pieces, but also created the mystery of the space trees... Progress? :kaoswt:
I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netispalsu