Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese (BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Gabe MZ - Step Sound

Introduction

This plugin allows characters to emit step sounds when walking.

How to Use
Just insert the plugin and read the help section.

Video

Plugin

FAQ

Can I use this commercially?

Yes this plugin is available for commercial usage, check out zlib license that this plugin is under to know more about.

Credit and Thanks
- Gabe (Gabriel Nascimento)

Last edited:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a really nice plug-in. Great job! I also loved watching your video. :)

Vanilla Cheesecake

Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The video was super cute! Great showcase, I'll definitely be using this!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Im in tears!! I was waiting for a step sound plugin! Thank YOU! ❤✨

Gabe

Gabriel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese (BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you all for the affection. I hope you like my work. Needing any support just contact me.

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you all for the affection. I hope you like my work. Needing any support just contact me.
Very cool, but I wonder if it has an option to delay the sounds.
What I mean by that is, when you run, you get a machine gun sound spam.
It be better if you could reduce that sound spam when you dash, to make it more natural.
So a plugin option to set the delay, to customize it.
Also some people probably want sound variations, other pitches etc at random.
For yet again, a more natural feel of the footstep sounds.
If this is already in the plugin, ignore those suggestions, if not it would be worth putting them into
the plugin of yours, so it can become the new community main plugin for footstep sounds and not
lacks behind, if a new one is coming out. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Gabe

Gabriel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese (BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very cool, but I wonder if it has an option to delay the sounds.
What I mean by that is, when you run, you get a machine gun sound spam.
It be better if you could reduce that sound spam when you dash, to make it more natural.
So a plugin option to set the delay, to customize it.
Also some people probably want sound variations, other pitches etc at random.
For yet again, a more natural feel of the footstep sounds.
If this is already in the plugin, ignore those suggestions, if not it would be worth putting them into
the plugin of yours, so it can become the new community main plugin for footstep sounds and not
lacks behind, if a new one is coming out. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Yes, the plugin allows you to use how many step sound files (with different variations of the same sound) as you want, for each terrain/region.

In a future update I will include the option to also create a rate of change for the volume/pitch/pan. I believe that the frequency of sounds when running is ok, but I also plan to include an option to change your rate.

Thanks for the comment.

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, the plugin allows you to use how many step sound files (with different variations of the same sound) as you want, for each terrain/region.

In a future update I will include the option to also create a rate of change for the volume/pitch/pan. I believe that the frequency of sounds when running is ok, but I also plan to include an option to change your rate.

Thanks for the comment.
Awesome Gabe, this options will ensure that your plugin will be one of the best in the future. ^^

Artarta

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ru
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When i run test i see:
SyntaxError
Unexpected token '<'

Reinstalled the script, everything worked.
Thanks for your hard work.

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Revali There's a problem I got in the plugin.

I've input the sound file name "FE_Walk" on the plugin parameter and filled the map with Region 1 tiles.

I've used the map notetag <stepSound 1: 1>.

When I attempt to walk, an error pops up saying it failed to load "FE_Walk1", a random number 1 beside the file for no reason. I basically have to copy the file inside the folder and put an Number 1 beside the file and the error doesn't show.

If I put in "FE_Walk1" on the plugin parameter and walk, it'll say it failed to load "FE_Walk11". It seems as though each file set in the plugin parameter requires an unnecessary 1 for the filename in the se foldier.

Gabe

Gabriel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese (BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Revali There's a problem I got in the plugin.

I've input the sound file name "FE_Walk" on the plugin parameter and filled the map with Region 1 tiles.

I've used the map notetag <stepSound 1: 1>.

When I attempt to walk, an error pops up saying it failed to load "FE_Walk1", a random number 1 beside the file for no reason. I basically have to copy the file inside the folder and put an Number 1 beside the file and the error doesn't show.

If I put in "FE_Walk1" on the plugin parameter and walk, it'll say it failed to load "FE_Walk11". It seems as though each file set in the plugin parameter requires an unnecessary 1 for the filename in the se foldier.
1599392531910.png
But okay, I will include a better way to work with just one sound file in the next update.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've been enjoying the plugin so far! ^_^ :) But I have a question, is it possible to adjust the frequency in which step-sounds occur? Cause I sometimes find it quite bothersome when the step sounds go so rapid during dash mode, and I kinda wish to be able to adjust the frequency of the sound playing, so that it can be a bit less rapid. xD :D

Thanks so much! :)

Gabe

Gabriel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese (BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been enjoying the plugin so far! ^_^ :) But I have a question, is it possible to adjust the frequency in which step-sounds occur? Cause I sometimes find it quite bothersome when the step sounds go so rapid during dash mode, and I kinda wish to be able to adjust the frequency of the sound playing, so that it can be a bit less rapid. xD :D

Thanks so much! :)
I updated the plugin with new parameters to control the frequency and variation of sounds. When testing the new version, remember to configure the new parameters.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm unfortunately still getting this error when I want to do it with one sound file.

Gabe

Gabriel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese (BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm unfortunately still getting this error when I want to do it with one sound file.
As I said, it is not a bug, is the way the plugin settings work. It is explained in the help section. But okay, I uploaded another update, this time if you use only one variation the plugin will not include "1" as a requirement in the file name.

Nerine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why do I still hear footstep sounds when moving after leaving the region? It's 3 steps after leaving the region.
Though I'd be grateful if it'd be possible to specify different sound files for dashing
@Edit
Turns out it emits follower sounds even if you don't have followers following you.

Last edited:

Gabe

Gabriel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese (BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why do I still hear footstep sounds when moving after leaving the region? It's 3 steps after leaving the region.
Though I'd be grateful if it'd be possible to specify different sound files for dashing
@Edit
Turns out it emits follower sounds even if you don't have followers following you.
This is my fault. I updated the plugin to fix this.

23/10/20 | Version: 1.5.1 | Followers step sound bug fix

Nerine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Such a shame @Hudell's Movement plugin for smaller collision boxes is incompatible with the Terrain Tag detection of this plugin. Anyway, great work, it certainly helps by not forcing me to use weird script hacks and event commands.

Last edited:

Nerine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I forgot to ask, but is it possible for you to add a way to lower the frequency of steps not by a random chance, but by skipping one step every nth step?

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
can't run at MZ... no sound

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
Yes! I finally did something! This is a picture I drew of what I wish I looked like; I hope that you guys like it!
Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DawnStar