Gain TP On Level Up

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by jelinfelin, Jun 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jelinfelin

jelinfelin Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Hello. I'm emulating Star Ocean 2's Skill system, and currently using TP as a means to aquire skill points to level up your players skills. I've looked everywhere, including yanfly's TP overhaul script, but that doesn't have a mode that enables TP upon level up. I'm looking for a script that allows me to set up a formula for TP gain upon level up, and would greatly appreciate If it was compatible with Yanfly's Victory Aftermath, so that I could see how much TP I gained. Thanks a bunch.

2. Fafnir

Fafnir And yet, these hands will never finish anything. Veteran

Why not just use this?

3. jelinfelin

First Language:
    english
    You know, I think I looked into that before, but I don't believe it displays the jp in the menu, which would be annoying to not know how much you've accumulated. I also can't set the skills to consume JP. Thank you though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  4. ChrisMasters

ChrisMasters Villager Member

I think he means he wants a scipt that makes it where a character's max TP value increases upon level up, like HP, MP, and all the other stats. I'd like to see a script for that too..

5. SuperNurse

SuperNurse RPG RN Member

First Language:
    English
  6. jelinfelin

First Language:
    english
    Not exactly. I want a script that gives me a specific amount of TP Per Level up, with a formula, and not gain tp in any other way. To put it into an example, say my character is at at level 1. He starts out with a set amount of tp to spend. he goes into battle, wins, and levels up. He only gains the tp for leveling up, and not from attacking, defending, or any other action; leveling up is the only way to gain tp. The amount of TP he gains is set to a specific formula say (level -1) or something easily changable. So my now level 2 character gains a total of 1 tp (2 - 1 =1). With this TP, he can go into the main menu, go to his skills that cost tp, and spend it on a skill.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  7. Xypher

Xypher Veteran Veteran

8. jelinfelin

First Language:
    english
    Almost. That just changes the rate of gaining TP per level, It does not give me a specific amount to obtain per level.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
  9. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would prefer it if someone wrote a script that just provides SO2's SP system, with a SP window like how it's done in that game.

But I'm guessing you opted to use TP because then you could go into the database and say one skill requires 10 TP to mean "10 TP to learn the skill" rather than to use.

This however would mean that if someone liked that idea, but also wanted to use TP and MP like the default engine, they'd be stuck requesting a new script.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
  10. jelinfelin

First Language:
    english
    That's true. I even renamed the vocabulary of TP as SP, and used common events to take care of the skills replacing skills and bonus effects. But I thought the SP system would be

a much more requested script!