RMMV Galactic 123 Online - Browser Game

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Galactic 123 Online is a free web browser RPG that I have been creating. It plays in the web browser at https://galactic123.net
All that is needed is the creation of a login and a password.

Pseudo-Plot: You arrived at a new Constellation via some wormhole, and now seek to make this new place your home. There are other key figures that arrived in the same way and may offer further interactions (soon).

Features
- Highscore systems reflecting all players at the Galactic 123 site.
- Visible enemy encounters.
- Planet world maps.
- Space world map.
- Space battles (not yet enabled but almost there)
- Ad Points allow you to promote your own site to others, through a separate page in the site. (optional, no need to get involved with this to enjoy the game)
- eCredit cryptocurrency rewards (optional, no need to get involved with this to enjoy the game)

- Game autosaves to the server, so even if you erase cookies or log in from a different machine, your savegame should be there. Might still have some bugs here and there, had to code quite a bit of JavaScript and server side (PHP).

Planned Future Features
- Ability to own your own Inn (pseudo passive income, will need to revisit Inn every now and then to collect)
- Ability to own pets
- Ability to customize starship interiors with some extra props (lamps, item generators that give free items every once in a while, robots)
- Factions (mostly pre-defined, but gives perks to members such as bonus experience points and collective scores)

I do not expect this game to become a fully featured MMORPG game, so essentially no trolling or directly attacking others. But might be possible to do so indirectly if you help boost up your faction as this will reflect for all players. And of course, it already has highscores and will probably refine that too :)

Quick Guide

When game starts (after log in), you choose your character by walking up to the one you like best (or dislike the least), then exit. Then you start in a small room, the Captain's Quarters, part of your starship (first image in spoilers). Anytime you log in again, you will be in this little room.

Playing and defeating monsters allow you to get higher score (showing up in the 'Highscores' button!). eCredit is a cryptocurrency that me and a team of people have been working for a while, but it is not necessary to get involved with it to play the game at all. (The game, however, was in part born, or re-born, because of it).

While there are laser guns and a handful of other skills and tricks, the battle system is pretty much standard RPG Maker MV. Used as few plugins as possible, as I noticed the game was lagging a lot on medium to lower end spec devices, most notably Android tablets.

The game is playable, you can explore around, recruit new party members at any of the bars, collect more points. However, even now I'm working in the addition of new worlds, and some plotlines, so this is pretty much an ongoing project. Playable, but by no means finished (and probably full of bugs). :)

All screenshots:

Last edited:

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this game online multiplayer?

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Right now it is a solo game with some multiplayer elements. For example, as you play your score goes up. It then appears in the Highscores button there. All names in there are real players.

Will add more multiplayer functionality over time.

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like fun~!
I'll check it out later!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz