somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Galactic 123

This will be a fairly short RPG game, possible to complete in under 7 hours or so.  It is the adventure of 4 broke space adventurers who learn about a treasure in a ruin located in an undeveloped planet.  There will be a deeper plot but not yet fully shown or featured in this demo.  In this demo, you will be able to explore the first 4 sections of the ruins.  This game has only one dungeon, and one town, drawing inspiration from dungeon crawlers.

Features:

- No random encounters, enemies are seen on map. 'Mandatory' enemies will not respawn.

- Some gameplay puzzles.

- Crafting (to be implemented)

Screenshots

You can play it in your web browser here:  http://www.galactic123.com/rpg/

Any and every feedback is appreciated, because I am sort of a newbie when it comes to RPG development, and I want to be able to flesh out this game sooner rather than later.

ashot1.png

ashot2.png

ashot3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
I played your game only for 2 minutes. You used good tilesets. There's no intro & I didn't read any conversation in the game. Also, you need to learn how to create attractive maps. With these tile packs, you can make awesome maps.

The story is interesting. I love to play this game to follow the story.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Abdulla Al-Farsi OK. How far did you get into the game? Town? Ruins? Also, can you give me some example of what is an interesting map? (game name, or wathever)

Yeah, there is no intro yet. It will probably be short, though. It is basically four broke space adventurers looking for riches. They might end up doing a bit beyond than that, but yeah, it is kind of a dungeon crawler type game (kinda, not fully). But there is also some small plot going on, too.

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Hmm... In fact, I google the maps and try to find y interesting and beautiful maps. I analyze them to know how they created them.
Then, I create something better. That's it.

Starshine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
adding non rtp elements to your tileset and adding lighting effects or fog overlays can really help beautify your map. you might also try adding some diverse terrain, like add a river maybe.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@somenick it is an interesting game. I went to the ruins and fought against the big and I think it was too strong. Also I found few bug in the first town. For example I can walk over the boats or over the chimney of 1 house.

HTH

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Starshine @Real RPG Lover Hi! Thanks for the reviews! :) I haven't worked on this for a while I was with a severe cold but hopefully will soon again.

Real RPG Lover thanks I will check into the chimney thing. The boats I kinda allowed pass on purpose but I guess I'll just block since no point anyways. Will also look into the big guy that was too strong. You mean the one after the fall-from-above then move rocks puzzle, right? In a way players are meant to use poison darts on it, but I probably made him too strong anyways / didn't really clue the player into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Latest member to OcRam -plugin suite: OcRam_Layers! Optimized parallax layers (for parallax mapping?) + dynamic layers which can be used in title-, battle and map scenes!
People convinced me to use my old graphics for this new project, i guess i can't run away from blender just yet. https://gyazo.com/2a105847c042bb78c6d4919ec1308660
10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ninnaeis