First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
New demo :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p9d4wfqkcqzqypu/Hol%C3%A0l%C3%A0_Galiyuka.exe

For those who don't like mediafire I uploaded it on dropbox as well! :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwlpzcgm0mpj9gq/Hol%C3%A0l%C3%A0%20Galiyuka.exe?dl=0

Should feature around 6 / 7 hours of gameplay including two optional dungeons.

Features

- Strategical fights from the get go, no "attack spam" and "most powerful spell spam" here.
- A wide world with a deep lore to discover through your journey.

- Earthbound-like encounters!

- Custom soundtracks
- Custom skills
- Satyric humour 
- Optional dungeons and storylines
- A crook selling awful insurance contracts like in real-life!

Synopsis 

How bad can a sheep chasing treck go?
Probably as much as it gets when one of them actually falls in the hands of some lunatic willing to unleash the essence of all negativity on the world to "teach them a lesson". Yeah, you got it, we're speaking about that kind of stupid villain being villainous for the sake of being naughty. Fortunately , you're Roger the shepherd. You're stubborn and most of all afraid of your wife. That's why you'll do anything it takes to get your sheeps back, may it be saving the world in the process or something like that. Nothing can be worse than your wife getting mad at you.

What's worse than your wife getting mad at you?

A (slightly angry) former love affair resurfacing in the process who happens to have become the head of a mob? Some side-effects like an orkid invasion? A glitchy magic sword to repair by going through dangerous places? Taking care of an amnesic psychotic witch while being stalked by some sociopathic chickorean mercenary? Having an empire's secret services on your back? A dysfunctional team which doesn't manage to get along with each other? Because you're gonna get it all Roger.  It's gonna be a wonderful journey, isn't it?

Characters 

ROGER KILLJOKE : A peasant who lost his herd in a night and sets for an adventure which will bring him to actually have to save the day. He's a kind hearted man with a rather grumpy attitude when things start getting hectic. His peasant status hides a past that he's unwilling to talk about.

SELMA PEEL : Daughter of Krok-O-Ricco's mayor, she's born in this village and Roger is her only one true friend. Having an upstart and greedy attitude, no one else really like her there even though no one shows it clearly by interest. She's got a pretty high education and knows much about the world's History, legends and also about basic technology and economics.

She has a business in farm animals.

IKE ANFAIL : A teenager who skipped school one day with friends to go to a forbidden forest. There, he finds a magic sword that turns him into a girl. He will soon find out that the sword "glitched" and that he has to find "holy patches" to restore it. Prone to complain and cower in front of danger, he will have to go against his nature to fight his way through the dangerous places where the patches are hidden with the help of his friends. His sword is a key asset in some ancient legend but who knows if this legens is true?

IN-SON PARK : A villainous chicorean mercenary and one of the most feared warriors in Galiyuka. She currently teams up with Hal Zeimer for reasons known of her alone. Her past before her first deeds in Chicorea are unkown but from a very select few. She's a force to be reckoned with and her plans will somehow collide with our heroes goals.

HAL ZEIMER : Considered the most dreaded witch ever, she's known for being also one of the most sadistic beings ever. She's got her own little land which she guards tightly but never tried to invade anything as she is too busy to abduct people and perform all kind of gruesome experiences on them. She also loves to perform twisted parties with her "employees".

Much more characters are to be discovered of course, but here the purpose is more to give a "pretaste" of what you will discover in the game. 

Screenshots 

Soundtrack

World

Galiyuka is a planet that has millenary cycles. Each cycle goes like a downward spiral where societies become more and more corrupt until a cataclysm occurs and wipes out almost all living things, leaving a few ones to start over a new Golden Age and millenary cycle. 

The story starts in the 980's and the world shows a rather fragile "stability". The Elfaënorian Democratic Empire rules more or less the whole known world except some small nations still attempting to resist economical and military pressure. Elfaënor's society is ruled by a caste system that, if it was long ago based on merit and virtue, is now merely an hereditary system with privileged ones and others having a slave condition, middle castes struggling to survive (and in some rare exceptions , to raise the social ladder). 

Institutionnal corruption became a real issue and some signs of agitation can be seen in the lower caste, not taken seriously by the government. Insecurity is rising, the emperor giving weird orders to it's soldiers, leaving villages on their own against hordes of thieves and barbarian tribes. 

Despite all this, the empire still has a strong grip on other nations which, if they're not officially provinces, are more like "ghost states" , their governments keeping a so-called independance in exchange of supporting international treaties brought by the empire and providing it privileged access to business and natural ressources. 

Only four nations still remain strong enough to keep their independance : 

- Lopan , a small empire in the far-east which trading and military policy allowed to remain free. They're in a state of cold war with the Chicorean republic for some sordid racial feud. 

- Chicorea , situated on the same far-east continent than Lopan. It's system is more or less democratic with an ultra-liberal policy that allowed it to be economically powerful, at the expense of lower classes who live in an awfully miserable condition. 

- Rustia, a military dictatorship situated in the middle continent, near Elfaënorian eastern borders. It's authoritarian regime allows no thinking freedom but it also allowed the country to partake in severely drastic policies militarily and economically that allowed it to keep powerful enough to threaten even the almighty Elfaënorian empire. There is a state of cold war between both but no one dares to really make the first move. 

- Clostro-Hungry kingdom, a theocratic regime that owns it's independance to a policy of total autharcy, allowing it to live on it's own ressources without having to ask anything to anybody. This independance is very fragile though, foreign agents being permanently on the move to sabotage their ressources in order to make them bow in submission. 

To these four nations can be added numerous humanoid tribes that more or less managed to keep their traditions and culture alive. Most of them are on the verge of disappearing though , because of hunting, racial feuds and most of all sheer human stupidity.

Credits 

If I ever have forgotten anybody please let me know so that I can add you! 

- Shirei Shou for artworks

- Enterbrain 

- Lunara for some character generator parts.

- RainbowGrenade for some character generator parts. 

- Thalzon for his awesome battlers! 

- Scythuz for his helpful advices and support! 

- Yanfly for his awesome scripts! 

- Moghunter for scripts
- Yami for scripts
- Vlue for scripts
- Galv for scripts

- NeonBlack for scripts

- Ms Littlefish for the support and encouraging words!

Last edited by a moderator:

West Mains

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Following the topic until the demo arrives!

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
First demo released! It features the first 2 to 4 hours of the game, including four "chapters" , two and a half boss fights, three dungeons and one city + outworld parts.

These first gaming hours are introducing most of the main characters and your party will change some times (a bit à la Mother 3). 

The link is included in the introductory post. Hope you'll enjoy! 

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You could also provide RTP free version. Downloading anyway and I see how it plays later.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't work, it gives me this error message:

Unable to find file:

Graphics/System/Iconset

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's weird, I just retested the file, it works perfectly well on my computer and iconset is available in the system folder. Does anyone else get this issue? If it's recurring maybe it means the upload went wrong in which case I will reupload the file but I need to see if you're an isolated case first ^^.

@Clord : I precised on my introductory post that I'm uploading an rtp free version too, it just takes time through dropbox with my lousy connection, thanks for giving the game a try! ^^

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, good. MisterX what is your file's size? It's supposed to be 389,1 Mo, you should check if your download didn't screw up at some moment. 

And if you have already VX Ace rtp on your computer, just a bit of patience and my download link for a lighter version without rtp should be available! 

Dalph

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, works fine now, there was a problem with my RTP, gonna try it and post a review soon.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll also be posting a short review soon.

West Mains

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yes, yes, I will post a review too. Just to fit in.

Downloading now.

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks everyone for taking the time to try it out! 

A version without the rtp is now available, the link is included in the introductory post! 

West Mains

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I played for a little bit before I had to turn it off. I can see it's fairly decently put together. Maps aren't bad, music is excellent. There's some minor issues with phrasing in some dialogue boxes, though, can't remember specifically who it was at what time, but I recal reading a few things and thinking "that's not riiiight." 

I got up to some bit where the woman following me around said we should see the mayor and all he did was keep telling her to shove her face full of cake.

All in all, it really isnt my type of game. It was really fast paced right from the bat, and it just left me feeling a little exhausted from it quite quickly. It seemed to be all go-go-go-go. And I prefer things to be a little more gradual than that, so it was jarring. 

Ill probably come back and play later demo versions just to see how it changes over updates, because it could have potential.

Im quite on the fence whether to like it for its somewhat charming presentation or to dislike for its rushed pace and gushing humour lines. Hmnm.

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you ever have the time to check what was wrong in the dialogues I would be very grateful. Even though I did my best to provide the best english text possible, it is still not my native language so mistakes may (most probably must have) slipped here and there, sadly. 

I'm sorry  though , I don't get what gave this "go-go-go" feelling? Actually the situation is still pretty calm compared to what is gonna happen afterwards. In the end of the demo we barely started to enter the subject's core. 

I don't put in doubt your insight at all, I'm just trying to understand in order to improve what can be improved ^^. 

And regarding humour well....that's one of the main aspects in the game, dealing with serious topics but a kinda "cartoonish" way. I knew it would be a "love it or hate it" but well...the game still gets more serious afterwards you'll see.

Thanks very much for giving me your opinion! 

Dalph

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played a bit.

I like:

The humour;

The fact that the main character is older than the average Rpgs (and this is kinda original);

The (custom?) music is very nice.

I don't like:

Ok, it's a demo, but not even a Prologue? Going straight into the game looks a bit odd;

The mapping is not that bad, but at the same time also not that good, feels bland and a little too simmetrical in some places;
Some faces looks...scary @_@;
Occasionally difficult to find where to go.

It's not bad overall, I will continue it tomorrow.

PS: IT the clown?!? XD

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi!

Actually, I'm still wondering how I will make the prologue that kicks ass ^^. I always badly sucked at making good prologues, so this time I take my time until it looks good enough. 

The scary faces are normal, I wanted to put ugly people too :p though, if too many people find them disturbing alright, I'll modify that. 

About the mapping, is there specific places you didn't like? 

Where was it difficult to find your way? Would it be the town hall by any chance? Seems like it's a recurring complaint and I'm planning to modify slightly this part in order to make it easier to go through this administration madness. 

And yes, It the clown :p . I included some easter eggs here and there. In the village there are two if I remember well, this one and another. Thanks for your advices!

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So then I was supposed to post this like an hour or two ago, not sure what happened there haha.

The criticisms will be harsh but that's because you're my friend and I want to see the game do well.

First up pros and cons:

Pros:

+ Original storyline

+ Selma

+ Music (except the battle theme in the rock and weird zones, however I really like the first dungeon music)

+ Unique characters

Cons:

- Dialogue and text (get someone to do them for you I'd say, as in look for someone to take what you have and phrase it better)

- Not enough preparation time, first off you should give the player some items to start them off.  Maybe have a short battle tutorial? (IT the Clown get's very drunk, Roger can't remember how to fight so Selma teaches him maybe?)  Also the monsters at the beginning of the game should either miss more often or take off less hp.  You should also look into how many monsters you fight at once, fighting 2 sneaky bushes, 3 mario fanflowers, a shyfly and kork roach wasn't fun!

- There's too much not knowing what to do going on, everything needs to be clearer.  This is the beginning of the game remember.  The adventurer registration part is the biggest example of this and really could be handled better.

- The humour is too forced and having someone help with the phrasing would improve this.  Definitely hold it back a bit though, good humour usually has breaks between each funny moment and you cram too much into every conversation with every side npc and you "break the 4th wall" (reference the real world) in a way that isn't subtle enough.

- Finally, when I was making the boat to cross the river I was stuck on 1 hp up until the cheese demon boss as I ran out of mp and used the energy drink I had. Lots of things happened here: I should have died from the dangerous flooring rather than being stuck on 1hp, I managed to successfully run away from each battle (there should be a chance to fail even this early on), the cheese boulder things were too loud and there should be a special healing point of some kind just before the boss.  It's far easier to balance bosses if you don't have to take hp and mp loss into account.  Obviously I then died in 1 turn haha.  This was the point where I stopped because I would have had to restart the whole game as I was expecting a healing point.

Now I know all this seems harsh but I wouldn't have taken the time to write it if the game didn't have potential and I hope you use the advice and criticisms people have wrote to improve the game.

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fixing the flaws right now, I'm publishing a list of the updates I'm doing in the introductory post, a new demo should be available within the week if I manage to continue to work at this rythm. 

Thanks a lot for your remarks, retesting the game with your suggestions in mind helped me a lot to improve what has been done so far! 

Lars Ulrika

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
The project is not dead and new update will be available soon on mediafire. Though, if people want to pass through dropbox to test it with more regular updates just let me know! 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli