GALV and Yanfly Plugins Issue.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by JRand, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRand

JRand Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If this isn't the right location for this, I apologize.

Here's my issue:

My game makes use of diagonal sprite/character sets.

I am using GALV's diagonal movement set (plus character animation and frames, but the issue was with diagonal movement) and then I was using ChaseEvent by Yanfly with the following script call for custom movement: this._chaseRange = 7

This was working perfectly; however, when the character is diagonal to an enemy, the enemy's character sheet essentially breaks and you see half of the top of a sprite and the bottom of a different one until the enemy sprite is vertical or horizontal again. Even when the enemy has a correctly-formatted sprite sheet with diagonal sprites, this happens.

(At least, I formatted the enemy sheet just like the player's, which works perfectly for the player character, but it was still broken for the enemy).

So, I took off the custom movement on the enemy's event page and changed it to "approach." This works okay, but the default approach pathing isn't as good as the custom one using the Yanfly plugin was (sometimes the enemy runs the wrong way or randomly before getting back on track following the player, for instance).

Also, as another aside, I have GALV's plugins above Yanfly's in my plugins list.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, or are these two plugins simply incompatible?

I'd really prefer to use the chase range custom movement instead of approach.

P.S. I am using PVG's Medieval sprites.

Thank you!

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

JRand likes this.
  3. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think you can change the yanfly chase for another plugin.
    Like mog event sensor.
    Or QSIGHT.
    Both works well to.

Or you can use a diagonal moviment and a event plugin both of the same author.
    Qmovement
    Qsight
    For example.

JRand likes this.
  4. JRand

JRand Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I actually figured out the problem, and you helped me solve it, indirectly, Eliaquim!

I went to the page for Galv's Event Detectors looking at alternatives, and apparently the Yanfly Event Chase plugin is just incompatible with Galv's Diagonal Movement, so I tried Galv's Event Detectors with his DM plugin, instead, and that solved the issue!

Thank you! :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

JRand likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.