PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Im sure I installed and tiled the sprites the right way but when I stop walking diagonally the sprites just splits and its an eyesore. I took some screenshots.

1595543752207.png1595543762547.png1595543777112.png

Raith

Squire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seemed you activated the "diagonal charset" option while using only the default, 4-direction sprite.

Try disabling that by going into Plugin Manager > GALV_DiagonalMovement > set the "Diagonal Charset" to false. Let me know if it works.

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It seemed you activated the "diagonal charset" option while using only the default, 4-direction sprite.

Try disabling that by going into Plugin Manager > GALV_DiagonalMovement > set the "Diagonal Charset" to false. Let me know if it works.
Nope. Still happens.

Raith

Squire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you use single spriteset, or 8-spriteset (charset)?

Try to set your sprite as charset instead of single spriteset.

The plugin is optimized to draw the sprite from the default, 8-characters, charset. If the diagonal charset is set to true, then the plugin take the half lower of the charset (index 4-7) to determine the facing direction when character stopped walking in diagonal direction. (see Galv's explanation in this thread spoiler)

If that didn't work, please post me the screenshot your plugin setting.

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I used a combination of your 3 plugins (diagonal movement, character frames, and charset animations) and is amazing. However I think is easiest if you just share in your web and/or forum the image you have in the demo:

574bf925fdf16b39ea217e976fe60eeba7adcc92.png

So here you explained so well, and also the name of the file is also self-explanatory (Template%(6).png).
The only thing missing is the for column, the one you are using with the text and the color code, that will be used in jump animations.

Anyway, I was able to set up a 15 frame animation for every idle, walking, diagonal idle and diagonal walking set and it runs smoothly.

Thanks for the hard job, man.
My spritesheet is setup like this above example.

Attachments

• Ant Example.png
    Ant Example.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 14
  • plugin screenshot.png
    plugin screenshot.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 13

Raith

Squire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from work.

Just tested your charset and the plugin setting that you use, the diagonal movement plugin works really well as it supposed to be.

Here're the screenshots for your running sprites, for 4 o'clock, 3 o'clock, and 7 o'clock direction:

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture1.PNG

Do you use other sprite-related plugins? Based on my test, there's a high chance of plugin conflict.

Last edited:

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok I can show my plugin list starting from the glav plugins:

Attachments

• plugin 3.png
    plugin 3.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 4
  • plugin 2.png
    plugin 2.png
    282 KB · Views: 4
  • plugin 1.png
    plugin 1.png
    289.3 KB · Views: 4

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I found the conflict. I was a plugin called TurnInPlace by mjshi don't know what was making it do that, but it was definitely the culprit.

Raith

Squire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, many stationary turn plugins only deal with 4-direction facing and rewrite behavior of player input to sprite changes. My suggestion is using Galv's Stationary Turn plugin instead. It should have better compatibility since it is written by same author.

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, many stationary turn plugins only deal with 4-direction facing and rewrite behavior of player input to sprite changes. My suggestion is using Galv's Stationary Turn plugin instead. It should have better compatibility since it is written by same author.
Thanks, I definitely check it out!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.
Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeuzyGamer